Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Exodus Theme - can't "like" posts  (Read 1855 times)

josh-j

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 102
Exodus Theme - can't "like" posts
« on: September 25, 2021, 12:40:11 AM »
Each user can check which of his/her posts were liked and how many times by clicking
Profile-Show Posts-Liked. The same can be checked for other users. Also can be checked Likes given by a specific user. So if one cares enough some detailed info can be found.
It has been decided early on that it was not desirable to encourage "rating wars" and thus to hide who liked what and the number of likes for each post. Even as it is, many old-timers shun the Like system (probably because it "stinks" of social media) and its usage in general is quite limited. I still find it useful though both to give and get feedback.

Just in response to what Oren has mentioned here about liking posts - if you are using the Exodus theme, you cannot like posts unless I'm missing something.

I use this theme because I browse the forum on my phone and also on my computer - I find the theme works very nicely on both, much better than the default theme (though the avatar question marks are a bit out of place), however using this theme I can't like any posts.

Not a big issue at all but just thought it might be worth pointing out, especially since I would guess the number of views from mobile devices is getting higher in recent years and the Exodus theme provides a way better experience IMHO.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3593
  • Likes Given: 4000
Re: Exodus Theme - can't "like" posts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 01:31:27 AM »
Indeed, I have verified this and for me as well Exodus theme can't Like. Neven if you are reading this, please try to enable this somehow.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 901
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »
Neven if you are reading this, please try to enable this somehow.

Ditto @DungeonMaster!
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1339
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »
I can edit the theme's stylesheets (.css), but wouldn't know what to do. One would think the Like package would apply to all themes. Maybe DM knows the answer.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith