Florifulgurator:
§1.

For quotations xxx use

--- Quote ---[quote][size=10pt]xxx[/size][/quote]
--- End quote ---
except for minor quotations.

<snip, at your service; N.>

gerontocrat:

--- Quote from: Florifulgurator on January 24, 2020, 07:03:11 AM ---§1.

For quotations xxx use

--- Quote ---[quote][size=10pt]xxx[/size][/quote]
--- End quote ---
except for minor quotations.

<snip, at your service; N.>

--- End quote ---
What we need is an AI application for ASIF postings.

Then every post can be automatically rewritten (including typeface, sentence construction, permitted paragraph length, permitted obscenities et al) according to mandatory ASIF standards as prescribed by ??

So you think I am joking?

Florifulgurator:

--- Quote from: gerontocrat on January 24, 2020, 06:10:22 PM ---So you think I am joking?

--- End quote ---
Dunno :)
------------------------

"Style Guide" comes from software industry.  It is mostly about how to format the code.

Bad software style guides prescribe too rigidly how to code, i.e. the ideas and constructs to use in algorithms etc.  (E.g. "Don't even use GOTO to escape nested loops." or "Four brackets is too many." (Common examples from verbal style guidance by wannabe chief engineers. My personal records are 7 nested IFs and 5 nested FORs (as demanded by the problems, not my ego). Regarding GOTO ask Stroustrup and forget about Dijkstra.  8)))

A good style guide should also give some reason for the prescriptions.  That I missed in §1. But the reason should be obvious :)
--- Quote ---Have mercy with folks with bad eye sight.
--- End quote ---

------------------------
P.S.: The font size management of the forum software is doubly bad coding...  8)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_(typography)

Florifulgurator:
§2.

Number Style Guide entries for reference.

nanning:
^^
"My personal records are 7 nested IFs and 5 nested FORs (as demanded by the problems,"

You have not put pre-conditions, post-conditions and nested invariants in every loop i guess? Being rigid minimizes the amount of bugs and is better for other people to read your code and adapt it in my opinion.
Have you looked at other languages for your problems? Prolog?
I am curious. What do you mean with "personal records" because it doesn't seem to be a database.

I think a clear style guide would be good. I wouldn't want AI to restructure because information and quality of communication gets lost I fear, sorry gerontocrat :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version