Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Do you get these calls?  (Read 791 times)

Tom_Mazanec

Do you get these calls?
« on: November 03, 2020, 06:50:09 PM »
I get about 10-12 of these calls a day. While I was putting together my post for today on the Global recession thread I got three in about ten seconds...two on my landline and one on my iPhone.

They go like this:
"Because of your excellent payment history we can lower your credit card interest to zero percent..."
"Your Social Security number has been used for fraudulent purposes and will be suspended..."
"We offer a fixed rate final insurance..."
"An arrest warrant has been sworn out in your name..."
"I am a paid caller for the Progeria Fund of America. Children are dying of old age..."

I used to be a shift worker when I was working over a decade ago. Thank God I was not getting these calls when I was trying to sleep!
And coincidentally it happened again while I was writing this. This time it just hung up (there is a lot of that too.)
I have my phone set to not take unlisted calls, but they keep having numbers identical to mine except the last four digits are different.
Do you get these where you live?
It got a little better during the shutdown, but they seem to be making up for lost time...

Sciguy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 237
  • Likes Given: 188
Re: Do you get these calls?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 07:32:25 PM »
Not on my cell phone.

Our work landlines get them several times a day.  The social security scam seems the most frequent.

Tom_Mazanec

Re: Do you get these calls?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 07:36:03 PM »
I admit I get them on my cell phone only about once a week.
I fell for the “Your credit card was charged $978.35 In (far away city) because that had actually happened to me about a decade before.
So work phones get them too...sigh.