Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Joe Biden  (Read 13290 times)

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 149
  • Likes Given: 484
Re: Joe Biden
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
Phoenix,

I think your first and last statements are the most important.  Namely, the black community (which Hillary could not bring on board) and Bob Dole in that he is likeable (unlike Hillary again).  The middle has support among Democrats, but not so much with the Independents, who he needs to win over. 

Phoenix

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2020, 09:42:04 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xg8wya/trumps-poll-numbers-are-so-bad-the-gop-is-starting-to-panic-about-a-wipeout

“The environment really sucks for us right now. We’ve got a worldwide pandemic, the economy is slipping and now we have a race war tacked on,” warned one GOP strategist involved in multiple races. “If the election were held today, we’d be talking about a wipeout. We’d be in landslide territory.”

<removed tracking - BK>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:04:01 PM by blumenkraft »

Phoenix

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/19/amy-klobuchar-rules-herself-out-as-possible-biden-running-mate

Klobuchar is out of the VP picture. Calls for a woman of color.

I'm not seeing a role for Klobuchar in a Biden Administration. She might have been qualified for Attorney General but her small connection to the cop who killed George Floyd is not appealing.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 951
  • Likes Given: 1251
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
Write me down for Susan Rice as VP. She was just on MSNBC with Andrea Mitchell, and her body language tells me she'll be the one. She's ready for the job.
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

Phoenix

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
Kamala Harris' wikipedia page is getting extensive modification to remove unflattering content. A potential sign that she is the favorite in the veepstakes.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/kamala-harris-wikipedia/

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden Campaign
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »
The last presidential election was about border security. This election seems to be going towards domestic security. From "build that wall" to "save the police". And who'll win that fight do you think?
[/quot
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:50:32 AM by be cause »
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden Campaign
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
It's the economy stupid!

If the stock market stays as high as it is now, Trump has a powerful message to sell. One week is an eternity in politics, and who's the best at dictating the message? Do you really think Biden will be able to talk about his policies? Do you think they can't do to him what they did to Clinton?

I completely agree with you, it's looking really bad for Trump right now, but do you really think people will remember this in November?

The only unknown is the pandemic. But what if the bastard is right, and Oxfort does come out with a vaccine before the election? Who'll win then? Trump will be seen as a genius...

And I always said that it will be a third party that will decide this election.

To be continued...
Fauci was powerful for Trump at the hearing just now. Vaccine at the end of this year for all Americans.

TAKE THAT BIDEN!

Oh shit..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:51:40 AM by be cause »

WTF happened?

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »
Kamala Harris will be the VP.  :-\

WTF happened?

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2020, 10:40:51 PM »
Any of the top candidates would have some kind of flaw. But yeah, picking KH in a post Floyd era is...a bit odd...

from her wiki page: "Harris oversaw more than 1900 convictions for marijuana possession, a higher rate than under her predecessor"

Most didn't go to prison, but these kinds of convictions tend to fall more heavily on Blacks. Don't know if that was true here, but it doesn't look great
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:48:45 PM by wili »
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2020, 01:03:39 AM »
Any of the top candidates would have some kind of flaw. But yeah, picking KH in a post Floyd era is...a bit odd...

from her wiki page: "Harris oversaw more than 1900 convictions for marijuana possession, a higher rate than under her predecessor"

Most didn't go to prison, but these kinds of convictions tend to fall more heavily on Blacks. Don't know if that was true here, but it doesn't look great

I tend to agree.  Not sure what she brings to the ticket.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2020, 04:10:05 AM »
"Oversaw". I heard that before and it smelled fishy. Needs closer scrutiny.
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »

Here is the closer scrutiny.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/11/kamala-harris-prosecuting-marijuana-cases/

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »
I tend to agree.  Not sure what she brings to the ticket.
Kamala is a prosecutor who needs to do what she does best; prosecute Trump like she did here, and keep repeating it.

WTF happened?

blumenkraft

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »
Oh America, whatcha doing for crying out loud? This ticket just became even more horrible than it was. Putting a cop into the VP position is unfortunate timing to say the least.

But there is a growing progressive opposition. Bring dem fight on!

US legal experts, can you primary a sitting president Harris in 4 years?

Pmt111500

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2020, 04:22:27 PM »
Always funny to find out you need donors to get elected to the judicial system in US.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Oh America, whatcha doing for crying out loud? This ticket just became even more horrible than it was. Putting a cop into the VP position is unfortunate timing to say the least.

Of course.  Assuming Biden wins and only serves one term, we can expect Harris to be a candidate in 4 years.  Though she'd presumably have a leg up over other candidates at that time, she is more than likely to have Democratic candidates in competition.  If the Biden administration has scandals/failures, her nomination in four years would be far from assured.

I'm optimistic that we'll at least see reforms over the next four years that are roughly similar to the post-Watergate reforms.  In my mind, that's what's most crucial at the moment.

blumenkraft

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »
I'm assuming Biden will not be president 4 years out, Steve.

Thanks for your answer. I'm also slightly optimistic. But really only a smidgeon... The DNC has to give. Something must be in for average Joe. Otherwise, there will be another strong Rep candidate.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »

Of course.  Assuming Biden wins and only serves one term, we can expect Harris to be a candidate in 4 years.  Though she'd presumably have a leg up over other candidates at that time, she is more than likely to have Democratic candidates in competition.  If the Biden administration has scandals/failures, her nomination in four years would be far from assured.

I'm optimistic that we'll at least see reforms over the next four years that are roughly similar to the post-Watergate reforms.  In my mind, that's what's most crucial at the moment.
It's all one big sham, but I love the game. If you take out ideology and favoritism, the whole thing becomes a very different beast. The greatest show on earth!  ;)

Impermanence, called anicca (Pāli) or anitya (Sanskrit) appears extensively in the Pali Canon as one of the essential doctrines of Buddhism. The doctrine asserts that all of conditioned existence, without exception, is "transient, evanescent, inconstant". All temporal things, whether material or mental, are compounded objects in a continuous change of condition, subject to decline and destruction. All physical and mental events are not metaphysically real. They are not constant or permanent; they come into being and dissolve

WTF happened?

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2020, 05:21:16 PM »

Yes.  I was surprised at this choice given al the backlash against the police recently.

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2020, 07:37:37 PM »
So Joe Biden chose a VP and you say this might be a bad choice.

But come on!

Joe Biden. Really?

Biden vs Trump.

Are these really the two best people America can offer for voters? If that is so, the USA is doomed

(Last time it was Hillary vs Trump which was an even worse choice). What a shame

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2020, 03:36:07 AM »
Left wing rankled by choice of Harris for VP

"We might be looking at 12 years of neoliberal power at the top of the Democratic Party," one activist says.

...“The former vice president always has a major advantage so it’s definitely possible that we progressives might not have a real shot at the presidency for many years,” said an ex-senior aide to Sanders. “I think our power is going to have to come from building movements.”...

(which is where real political change always originates, anyway)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/12/kamala-harris-vp-progressives-react-394375
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2020, 04:02:35 AM »
Joe Biden consciously pronounces the plural of κρίση. What f#ing mental decline?

Hoax? W#nkerz. (Florifugurator)

Silence is complicity (Biden et al)

Don't f# up the possiblities (1st principle of biogeophysical permaculture)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 04:11:18 AM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2020, 07:49:16 AM »
BTW

with Biden being 77 years old, Harris has cca 20% chance of actually becoming president because of his death

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

He might also decide not to run for a second term in which case she would be a very likely candidate. If he does run for a second term then she has another 30% chance of becoming president by death. And even if he has 2 terms she could still run for president.

All in all, I believe that Harris has a good chance of actually becoming president IF Biden wins the November elections (likely in my view)

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2020, 04:43:59 PM »
Lets see if this coincides with the ages of past 7 presidents upon their deaths:

Ford:  left office at 63, dies at 93
Carter:  left office at 56, still kicking at 95
Reagan:  left office at 77 (days before his 78th birthday), died at 93
Bush Sr.:  left office at 68, died at 94
Clinton:  left office at 54, still alive at 73
Bush Jr.:  left office at 62, also 73
Obama:  left office at 55, currently 59

None of them before the age of 93.  Even Reagan, who some consider incapacitated at the end of his term, lived another 16 years upon leaving office.  Granted, retirement is much easier on them, but their lifestyle prior to the presidency was not extremely harsh.  My bet is that Biden lives well past 2025 and most likely into the 2030s.

blumenkraft

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
Haha, Walrus, i remember you kept saying how Bernie is too old for the job during the primaries. And now this? Please...  ;D

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2020, 05:45:47 PM »
Haha, Walrus, i remember you kept saying how Bernie is too old for the job during the primaries. And now this? Please...  ;D

You are mistaken.  I never said that.  The only reference I made to age was to state that Sanders was older than Biden, when another poster stated that Biden was too old. 

blumenkraft

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »
You are mistaken.  I never said that.

Sorry, then. My memory must have failed me.

Pmt111500

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2020, 06:18:59 PM »
You are mistaken.  I never said that.

Sorry, then. My memory must have failed me.
I guess it was me who compared ages of US senators to USSR comrades of the high council.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »

Looks indeed like a nothingburger. More a case for Harris.

San Francisco Deputy Public Defender Niki Solis says Harris was the state’s most progressive DA and advocated for “so many policies and so many alternatives to incarceration.”
Debated by Law professor Lara Bazelon, who nevertheless admits Kamala Harris has had a "good hard shove to the left" since. Both talk it out with Amy Goodman:

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2020, 10:01:39 PM »
Thanks, flor

I happened to hear that Goodman interview, too...very interesting. There were other voices that were not quite as convinced, but clearly she wasn't quite as 'law and order' as some are claiming, and was more liberal than other CA prosecutors and DAs at the time

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2020, 11:25:51 PM »
Lind at tablet magazine: Biden will be no friend to the working class

"A Biden administration would be staffed by conventional, conformist, careerist retreads from the administrations of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, representing the pro-Wall Street, anti-labor wing of the Democratic Party that has been dominant since the 1990s. Biden Democrats are likely to use a combination of social liberalism and fiscal conservatism to bring well-heeled Bloombergian independents and country-club Bush Republicans permanently into the Democratic coalition, accelerating its transformation into an alliance of affluent whites with members of minority groups who vote on the basis of race, not class. As long as enough well-off whites and African Americans and Hispanics vote for the centrist candidates of the Clinton-Obama-Biden machine, neoliberal Democrats have nothing to fear from “democratic socialist” poseurs in pricey hipster neighborhoods and college towns."

"From the 1990s to 2020, however, the old labor left has been almost completely replaced in the Democratic Party by a new group of affluent, college-educated “progressives” and “democratic socialists.” "

"many elite liberals as well as elite conservatives approve of the ongoing transformation of the U.S. economy into a system of labor market apartheid similar to that of Saudi Arabia or Dubai, countries which import perpetually refilled underclasses of badly treated immigrants and guest workers toiling in poorly paid jobs without benefits."

"Obama failed to cut Social Security. Biden, if he is elected, will get another chance. Biden will be pressured by the national economic elite to do something about the enormous post-pandemic debt and deficit—and to do it to the working class, not to the donor class."

"Even if the Democrats win a trifecta of the White House, House, and Senate in November, the boss class will remain firmly in control, kicking American labor"

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/coronavirus-pandemic-working-class

sidd

FrostKing70

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 50
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2020, 11:31:02 PM »
That whole quote seems to be very slanted to one side.  Any balancing opinions available?

FrostKing70

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 50
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 11:40:00 PM »
I don't always succeed, but I try to sample news from both sides of the media bias chart:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 11:44:24 PM »
Douthat at nyt: the case for Biden

"Biden might still be the best choice for his party."

"Biden remains the cautious, more-things-to-more-people choice, and if Democrats believe Trump to be an unprecedented authoritarian threat, then the case for such caution is self-evident. "

"You lose any immediate chance at sweeping change, in other words, but you gain some room for incrementalism that greater ideological ambition might foreclose."

" the strongest argument for Biden is nonideological: More than the other candidates, he offers the possibility of a calmer presidency"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/opinion/sunday/joe-biden-2020.html

sidd

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 11:47:34 PM »
Sanders on Biden: we need Joe Biden

"He supports raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour. Giving 40 million workers a pay raise and push the wage scale up for everyone else. Joe will make it easier for workers to join unions, create 12 weeks of paid family leave, fund universal pre-K for 3- and 4-year-olds, and make child care affordable for millions of families. Joe will rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and fight the threat of climate change by transitioning us to 100 percent clean electricity over 15 years"

" he has a plan that will greatly expand health care and cut the cost of prescription drugs. Further, he will lower the eligibility age of Medicare from 65 to 60. To help reform our broken criminal justice system, Joe will end private prisons and the detention centers, cash bail, and the school-to-prison pipeline. "

https://www.vox.com/2020/8/18/21373190/bernie-sanders-progressive-case-for-joe-biden-democratic-national-convention-transcript

sidd

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 567
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2021, 05:14:44 AM »
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/nov/07/carbon-capture-seen-as-coal-lifeline/?business

Build back better bill just turned into a bailout for coal. If this bill is allowed to pass as is it will offer a massive subsidy for coal. It gives coal up to 85 dollar a ton tax credit too consider building carbon capture until 2032. They do not even have to start building all they have to do is consider the idea. At current US coal prices this means the US government will make coal free and pay them to burn it.  This can not be allowed to pass. It would be better to get no bill at all. Financially this could delay any planned coal plant closures until at least 2032 if not farther.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2023, 04:26:25 PM »
Nobody has been talking about Joe Biden here for more than a year now. What does that mean? To me it means that he's just doing his job, without too much controversy.

Is Joe Biden turning out to be a very good president? It can always be better, but the man is doing a pretty good job if you ask me...

WTF happened?

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2023, 10:37:16 PM »
Nobody has been talking about Joe Biden here for more than a year now. What does that mean? To me it means that he's just doing his job, without too much controversy.

Is Joe Biden turning out to be a very good president? It can always be better, but the man is doing a pretty good job if you ask me...

I agree with the little controversy part.  He is probably doing an average job.  Not great, but not too bad either.  His approval rating has been steady in the 40s percentile range for the past year.  So, not much to talk about.  Taming inflation will be his big issue in the next year or so, and the fate of the party may hinge upon his polices to control it.

Sebastian Jones

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 214
  • Likes Given: 158
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2023, 05:08:06 AM »

I agree with the little controversy part.  He is probably doing an average job.  Not great, but not too bad either.  His approval rating has been steady in the 40s percentile range for the past year.  So, not much to talk about.  Taming inflation will be his big issue in the next year or so, and the fate of the party may hinge upon his polices to control it.
The fact that he figured out how to pass the most significant piece of climate legislation ever in America makes him a pretty awesome President.
The Inflation Reduction Act is a very good example of the understated and consensus driven way that Biden operates. A bit like Truman- nobody much pays attention while he does amazing things.

Garabaldi

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2023, 06:00:57 AM »
re. reply #88
' pass the most significant piece of climate legislation ever in America' - not a high bar to say the least, whilst destroying any chance of an international consensus/action on a reduction in climate emissions. Massive fail from my perspective.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2023, 07:53:35 AM »
re. reply #88
' pass the most significant piece of climate legislation ever in America' - not a high bar to say the least, whilst destroying any chance of an international consensus/action on a reduction in climate emissions. Massive fail from my perspective.
I agree, but it's still politics. The first step is the hardest...

It was a big push in the back to move forward. Economics will take over now, because wind and solar is getting too damn cheap to be ignored by investors.

America is also woke now, awake to the fact that all this green stuff is being made in China...

WTF happened?

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2023, 11:19:19 AM »
Most of executive power in the US is managing the government not passing laws. He can do much to tweak things. Or more accurately his appointees heading different departments quietly do most of the work of making changes. Further building new renewable's is far more effective than trying to restrict fossil fuels. Much of the benefits of his IRA law are still grinding toward implementation. The electrification program has to be implemented by states and the start of that is still pending. Statistics of how that goes is a measurement of the past not present. The end result is we will not have a good picture of how he is doing until next year at the earliest. The most effective way to weaken the fossil fuel lobby is by growing the renewable lobby.

Garabaldi

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2023, 12:13:49 PM »
re. reply #90
My two deep concerns
1. passing environmental laws are not effective without international regulation
2. the renewable energy lobby are just a bunch of western corporate capitalists finding a government teat to feed on

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2023, 12:53:04 PM »
There’s also the fact that Mainstream Media outlets have been more protective of Biden before the 2022 elections, and will continue to do so. Also Biden has been waiting for the elections to pass, see:

Biden just announced tougher immigration measures, where he’s basically expanding Trump tactics. The idea is to make much more difficult to ask for asylum at the border if asylum process was not started before.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2023-01-05/biden-new-border-strategy

The reaction of most outlets has been crickets, Right media like Fox included since they are quite happy with this. They just have embellished it under soft headlines, see CNN headline below.

Independent on whether the measures are reasonable or not, imagine the outrage if Trump was the one doing this, to further expand his own policies. Imagine the CNN headline with Jim Acosta reporting from the border. Imagine the TDS elements of this forum. Just imagine…
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 01:20:32 PM by nadir »

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »
re. reply #90
My two deep concerns
1. passing environmental laws are not effective without international regulation
2. the renewable energy lobby are just a bunch of western corporate capitalists finding a government teat to feed on

IMO you fight incremental improvements because you want extreme change. As far as I have observed this attitude slows a reduction in fossil fuels as much as the worst fossil fuel advocate.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2023, 01:30:25 PM »
Joe Biden is a criminal, a paedophile and a demented puppet, who doesn't have any say in policy whatsoever. That's all one needs to know, basically.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2023, 02:29:04 PM »
Joe Biden is a criminal, a paedophile and a demented puppet, who doesn't have any say in policy whatsoever. That's all one needs to know, basically.

Ok, quite the reaction. 😳
Not sure if he’s a pedophile though, he seems just olfactophiliac.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2023, 03:59:05 PM »

The fact that he figured out how to pass the most significant piece of climate legislation ever in America makes him a pretty awesome President.
The Inflation Reduction Act is a very good example of the understated and consensus driven way that Biden operates. A bit like Truman- nobody much pays attention while he does amazing things.

All he did was sign legislation that congress passed.  Still waiting on the effects of the inflation reduction

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2023, 04:43:45 PM »
Another thread to remove from the uread mposts section?
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Riverside

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2023, 07:11:12 PM »
Another thread to remove from the uread mposts section?
Yes. Please.