Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Alt Right  (Read 37157 times)

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 149
  • Likes Given: 486
Re: The Alt Right
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2020, 05:44:58 AM »
I believe that life has become much more difficult during the last 50 years. Medical costs, education costs... for example have increased more than the salaries. So some people who were proud to be able to manage everything on their own can't do it anymore and so they found that some solidarity makes sense, that taxes should be also paid by the riches...

I believe the opposite; namely that so many more options are available to the average Joe that were only available to the wealthy.
This is kind of like defining economic trouble
A economic downturn is when people you don't know are laid off.
A recession is when your neighbor or people you know is laid off.
A depression is when you get laid off.

I have heard that expression many times before.  Not sure how it relates to this discussion though.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
  • Liked: 309
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »
I'm reading now a book by Alicia Garza which talks of this subject.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/17/black-lives-matter-alicia-garza-leadership-today-doesnt-look-like-martin-luther-king
It's quite interesting but I haven't read enough to make more comments.

Ktb

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 158
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2020, 03:39:04 AM »
Trump and his goons affirm what I have long feared. Their current plan is to continue on as if the election did not occur.

For anybody who does not feel like clicking the link and watching the video below:

When Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is asked about a smooth transition to the Biden admin, he responds with

There will be a smooth transition to a 2nd Trump administration

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/2020-11-10-biden-harris-transition-n1247204/ncrd1247291#blogHeader

Trump admin telling federal agencies to continue with Trump's budgets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/10/trump-federal-budget-post-election/

And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.
- Ishmael

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »
A major milestone on the road to a Second American Civil War.
AFAIK this is the first time a significant media source has endorsed violence (correct me if I'm wrong).
I am documenting it here for you.
It is, as you might expect, the American Thinker.

Surveying the Aftermath of a Stolen Election
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/11/surveying_the_aftermath_of_a_stolen_election.html
In other words, we will become Venezuela-North, caught in a vicious downward spiral of disenfranchisement, tyranny, and impoverishment. With only one option left to restore the nation. A horrible one, one that I am hesitant to state publicly. Let’s hope it never comes to that. Yet, my friend and I agreed that, if the worst is necessary, let it happen soon, before they grab our guns, disrupt our communications, and drag the strongest of us off to some 21st-century gulag. We should all pray for peaceful resolution, but there can be no peaceful resolution with corrupt radicals in charge. We can only make them submit to the rules or be reduced to serfdom.
A few weeks ago, that perspective was best left unspoken. Now, we must speak of it, as it has unfortunately entered the realm of the possible. The electoral theft was so audacious that our opponents seem capable of anything.

How much further down this road will the Right Wing go?

SteveMDFP

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 592
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »
A major milestone on the road to a Second American Civil War.
AFAIK this is the first time a significant media source has endorsed violence (correct me if I'm wrong).
I am documenting it here for you.
It is, as you might expect, the American Thinker.

Surveying the Aftermath of a Stolen Election

If I might suggest... This forum does not permit climate denial material, or even URLs to climate denial sites. The reason is that doing any of this promotes such denial.

I think we should do the same thing with alt-Right/fascist/NeoNazi material.  Don't quote it, don't link to it.  Talk about what they're doing, if you like.  Have discussions.  But do nothing that remotely promotes this toxic ideology.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
Good idea, Steve!

Same with firmly disproven claims about covid, imho
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2020, 08:24:20 PM »
I'm reading now a book by Alicia Garza which talks of this subject.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/17/black-lives-matter-alicia-garza-leadership-today-doesnt-look-like-martin-luther-king
It's quite interesting but I haven't read enough to make more comments.

I already have a first quote to share :
Winning is about more than being right - it is also about how you invite others to be a part of change they may not have even realized they needed.
It's the last sentence of the chapter four "The first fight", page 83 in the UK edition.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
Re: Don't quote it, don't link to it.

Mmmm. Discuss the alt-righ without quoting or linking to right wing sites. How exactly would that work ? Sorta like discussing a paper but banning links or quotes to the paper.

sidd

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3586
  • Likes Given: 3935
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2020, 10:42:41 PM »
I fear "all the way" is the answer.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2020, 11:41:11 PM »
You do not have to click on the link...I provided the relevant quote.
American Thinker is not some barfly yapping his jaws...it is big. I think people here should know they crossed a line today.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2020, 12:18:02 AM »
This is what wiki points out about it:

"The site has published falsehoods about climate change"

Sooo, it has no place on these threads, imo
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2020, 05:49:40 AM »
They are wrong about AGW. Imho they are right about other things, like American Education.
But they are not here for either. They are here because they have thrown their lot in with the Alt Right with this article. And I think the ASIF should be aware of this.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2020, 06:33:37 AM »
They are wrong about AGW. Imho they are right about other things, like American Education.

This is a common strategy. If you are wrong on everything, nobody will believe you.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2020, 12:23:24 PM »
Actually even sources wrong about everything will have some believers. You can fool some of the people all of the time.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
But they are not here for either. They are here because they have thrown their lot in with the Alt Right with this article. And I think the ASIF should be aware of this.

IMHO then the should not belong on an AGW thread.  However, this is not an AGW thread, but a political thread within and AGW site.  Since they are better equipped to argue politics than science, it may belong here.  Especially since they are commenting about the subject at hand.  From the little that I have read from them (and it is not much, so others may have a better grasp on this) they are not part of the alt right, although they have some similar conservative beliefs.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
Until yesterday, Walrus, that was true. They were/are conservative but not violence promoting.
AFAIK this is their first advocation of violence. Even when Obama was elected they were disappointed but talked about what to do in 2012 (and then 2016), not to forcibly overthrow a POTUS election. This is new.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
To come back to the book I'm reading now (https://aliciagarza.com/), one thing she says is that the right has a very good ability to find common point of interests to unite. The left on the other hand tend to be movements specialized on specific issues having many difficulties to unite, everybody thinking that what he suffers is harder than what the others have to support.

Here is a quote in that context, on how to overcome this issue :
Solidarity can never be expressed by hearing someone's pain  and then turning the conversation back to yourself. Solidarity means trying to understand the way our communities experience unique forms of oppression and marginalization. It means showing up for one another to bear witness and then expanding our fight to include the challenges faced by other communities besides our own. f my best friend tells me that she and her current partner are breaking up, solidarity is not interrupting her tearful testimony to say :" I too have breakups! Let me tell you about my breakup!".  Solidarity is listening, asking questions, and being there for her- for venting sessions, to help her figure out how to rebuild her life, to offer support.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3517
  • Likes Given: 754
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2020, 02:21:00 AM »
Trump Admin Taps Ex-Aide Fired for Ties to Far Right for Commission That Preserves Holocaust Memorials
https://gizmodo.com/trump-admin-taps-ex-aide-fired-for-ties-to-far-right-fo-1845711127

In 2018, the Trump administration fired a White House speechwriter after he was revealed to have spoken at an annual far-right conference in 2016 attended by white supremacists, pseudoscientific quacks, contrarian academics, and other racists. This week, the White House nominated the same guy to a three-year term on a heritage commission that preserves Holocaust memorials.

The White House sent out a press release on Tuesday evening naming the speechwriter in question, Darren Beattie, as a member of the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad. That commission was formed in the wake of World War II and identifies and helps preserve sites like buildings, monuments, and cemeteries of U.S. cultural heritage throughout Europe—especially those that have been destroyed, damaged, neglected, or otherwise threatened by events like the Nazi murder of more than 6 million Jews and millions of others during the Holocaust. It also helps establish memorialization projects.

Beattie, who identifies as Jewish, lost his original job at the White House after it came to light he had spoken at the 2016 H.L. Mencken Club Conference, named after the viciously racist writer whose work is popular with white supremacists. That conference was a major event in the development of the alt-right and featured a number of far-right personalities who style themselves intellectuals. That included John Derbyshire and Robert Weissberg, two writers fired from the National Review in 2012 for promoting racist viewpoints, and Peter Brimelow, the founder of the xenophobic, anti-immigrant hate site VDARE, which regularly publishes pseudoscientific articles smearing people of various ethnic or racial backgrounds as biological inferiors. (Brimelow is also a National Review alumni, and the H.L. Mencken Club’s leader, Paul Gottfried, was removed as a contributor to the magazine in the 1980s.)
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2020, 01:23:05 PM »
You know something, I seem to have been wrong in my expectations. I thought a Biden win would result in massive violence by the far Right. But that doesn’t seem to have happened yet. Was I wrong? Or is the far Right still in denial, maybe hoping that the SCOTUS will rule for the Texas case?

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2020, 04:50:31 PM »
You know something, I seem to have been wrong in my expectations. I thought a Biden win would result in massive violence by the far Right. But that doesn’t seem to have happened yet. Was I wrong? Or is the far Right still in denial, maybe hoping that the SCOTUS will rule for the Texas case?

Here's to hoping that you were wrong.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2020, 07:20:19 PM »
Well, a plot to kidnap the gov of MI was only stopped because the FBI caught them on time...so it's not for lack of trying.

There have been lots of other pretty awful threats made, even toward Republicans who weren't properly towing the delusional line ( and these are the people who pretend to be upset about political correctness!!).

Some of those threats may/will eventually be carried out.

But yeah, for now a lot of the most violent types are on 'standby' mode. Once Trump thinks all his legal paths are exhausted, he will probably try to more directly foment mass violence. Whether that works or not is yet to be seen. Lots of these folks on the wacky right like posturing, but won't be up to actual violence, if there is any risk to themselves.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2020, 01:05:03 AM »
And then there's this:

Pro-Trump ‘shadow group’ is targeting officials for assassination in a ‘tangible step toward terrorism’...

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/pro-trump-shadow-group-is-targeting-officials-for-assassination-in-a-tangible-step-toward-terrorism-attorney/

The pro-Trump group has called for the assassinations of Chris Krebs, the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and other officials they say stole the election...

...Election officials in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and elsewhere have reported violent threats in the wake of the election...

Domestic terrorism, plain and simple

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2020, 02:10:52 AM »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/johnny-roman-garza-sentenced-neo-nazi-plot_n_5fd22944c5b652dce5868bec

Arizona Man Sentenced To Prison For Neo-Nazi Plot Targeting Journalists

Johnny Roman Garza, 21, was one of four people charged with conspiring with terroristic hate group Atomwaffen Division.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
Raw Story is not your best source for news.

This from media bias fact check.

"Overall, we rate Raw Story Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to half-true, false, and unproven claims, as well as the promotion of mild pseudoscience misinformation."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/raw-story/

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »
How's the AP, then? :

...Christopher Krebs says in the suit that he has been “bombarded” with threats since attorney Joseph diGenova appeared on the pro-Trump TV network Newsmax and called for Krebs to be killed.

“The defendants’ threats have upended plaintiff’s life, as well as his family’s security, and caused serious fear, distress, suffering, and even physical damage,” he said in the lawsuit, filed in diGenova’s home state of Maryland...

https://apnews.com/article/christopher-krebs-lawsui-joseph-digenova-5f38ee4dd03d26f146f306a6d6a64d57

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2020, 02:03:53 AM »
Of course, bad as threats are, it is one thing to threaten and another thing to do.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2020, 03:45:14 AM »
The ap article quotes diGeniva as saying that his remarks were inappropriate , but he did not intend for them to be taken seriously and has apologized.  The article did not mention any “shadow group” that was targeting officials for assassination.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
They're both felonies, Tom. They differ by the number of years you spend in prison.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »
Yes. But I was thinking of the impact on the victim, not the penalty for the offender.
If someone threatens my life, I will be very upset.
If someone kills me, I will be very dead.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
So it's OK as long as it doesn't happen to you?

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2020, 07:45:18 PM »
No. It is not OK if my life is threatened. It is even more not alright if it is ended. I am just hoping the Far Right does not escalate from its already bad threats to far worse actions.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2020, 07:54:13 PM »
From WaPo (sorry, paywall so can't link...if anyone has a subscription, it would be great to get an excerpt!):

The risk of right-wing terrorism is rising dramatically

Also:

Public officials face personal threats as tensions flare

Public servants and others who disagree with President Trump’s baseless tweets about election fraud and the coronavirus are being targeted at their offices and homes with armed protests, harassing phone calls and stalkers.

Also, from The Hill:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/530048-michigan-to-close-legislative-office-buildings-monday-due-to-credible

Michigan to close legislative office buildings Monday due to 'credible threats of violence'

...not to mention the fiasco in DC yesterday, with rightwing hoodlums destroying signs on churches, stabbings...and this:

Woman Punched In Face, Savagely Beaten By Gang Of Pro-Trump Proud Boys In D.C

https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/woman-punched-in-face-savagely-beaten-by-gang-of-pro-trump-proud-boys-in-d-c-watch/?fbclid=IwAR39VGKvVY1TwjPa6WPSODpZ4KH069wZTbrM_M1RLUps9paxVzszgzuX0js
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:00:29 AM by wili »

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »
^Just a Kristallnacht redux by Trump's Sturmabteilung (SA) stormtroopers ...

... with a little help from his friends ...

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,1392.msg295721.html#msg295721

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »
‘Right-wing violence’ by Trump supporters likened to Nazi brown-shirts by the Lincoln Project’s Steve Schmidt

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/right-wing-violence-by-trump-supporters-likened-to-nazi-brown-shirts-by-the-lincoln-projects-steve-schmidt/

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
https://deadline.com/2020/12/armed-protesters-enter-oregon-state-capitol-building-assault-police-chemical-agent-1234660385/?fbclid=IwAR34aju56p2sjmHqyoZtd08As7PvXiZ3i_i-Hk0mIPbDQCsXtkz_FdKqqLs

Armed Protesters Break Into Oregon State Capitol Building, Break Windows, Assault Journalists, Hit Police With Chemical Agent

(Anti-maskers)

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/white-supremacist/

... FBI affidavit reveals white supremacists planned attack on US power grid if Trump lost

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5303
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2020, 08:08:40 PM »
There are times when as a Brit I am happy that the UK lost the fight to make Oregon part of Canada.

Armed Protesters Break Into Oregon State Capitol Building, Break Windows, Assault Journalists, Hit Police With Chemical Agent

Oregon Territory. ... Polk called for expansion that included Texas, California, and the entire Oregon territory. The northern boundary of Oregon was the latitude line of 54 degrees, 40 minutes. "Fifty-four forty or fight!" was the popular slogan that led Polk to victory against all odds.

The Project Gutenberg eBook, 54-40 or Fight, by Emerson Hough, Illustrated by Arthur I. Keller
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/14355/14355-h/14355-h.htm
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
No gerontocrat, if the UK won the fight than the people of Oregon would be sensible like other Canadians.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »
Thanks for that bit of history, g

These f'rs never stop, not even for Christmas!

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/26957/urgent_email_to_michigan_lawmakers_threatens_backers_of_this_bogus_election

"Keep your heads down, it is going to get ugly," warns a scary email sent Tuesday night to state representatives.

It vows "a mass execution" for backers of "this bogus election" for president.

Rep. Laurie Pohutsky, D-Livonia, tweets a screenshot of the alarming text, addressed to dozens of members, and says: "This email has already been sent to the authorities."

A supporter of President Trump "chose to send it from his work email," notes the suburban Detroit lawmaker, who shows a name and business name while covering the email address...

Under a one-word subject line -- "Urgent!" -- the agitated sender says: "The voters of America have been dealt a great injustice by their elected officials. They have few options left."

More excerpts from his 11-sentence text:

I am afraid that all American voters will now be forced to change our government officials with bullets instead of ballots. I predict a mass execution of public officials across this land and I predict it to start very soon. ... The American people are and always will be the force of power in America.

Referring to the date when Congress will confirm the Electoral College victory by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the email adds: "January 6th is our last best chance for our government to right the ship."

Unless senators and representatives "vote Trump into his rightful 2nd term that the American people voted for ... it is time to show the world who is really in charge of this great land."   

Pohutsky, who'll be sworn in for a second term Jan. 1, says in a five-tweet thread to nearly 15,000 followers that her office "gets emails like this every day."

"[Our] workplace is getting less and less safe. ... We have a policy right now that no one other than me is allowed in the office unless there is an emergency.

This is not just due to Covid. This is also because, despite multiple conversations about it, we haven’t found a reliable way for my staff to get out of the building if one of these people makes good on one of these threats."

The first-term representative anticipates "I will likely face backlash for posting this" with the sender's name and business, and decalres: "I have been as patient as I intend to be on this matter. Enough is enough."...

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2021, 11:43:52 PM »
American Legion Removes Escondido Post Commander from National Leadership Role Over Proud Boys Affiliation
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/story/2021-01-03/american-legion-investigating-escondido-post-commander-after-street-brawls-and-proud-boy-declaration

An Escondido American Legion post commander has been removed by the veterans service organization from two national leadership roles after he bragged on social media about participating in a street brawl and joining the Proud Boys, the California state commander said Saturday.

Photos shared on two social media accounts show J.B. Clark Post 149 Commander Michael Sobczak, 56, wearing a Proud Boys jacket and marching along with other Proud Boys during a Dec. 12 pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C. that eventually turned violent.

In a video shared on a personal Facebook account under the name “Mick Florio,” Sobczak describes a beating he says he gave an anti-Trump activist in self defense during an earlier protest in Yorba Linda in Orange County.

The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies the Proud Boys as a hate group, and the Anti-Defamation League describes the organization as a gang.

Sobczak has been removed from his position as dean of the American Legion College as well as a seat on the national board of the American Legion Riders, the organization’s motorcycle club, said Ed Grimsley, the commander of the California American Legion.

“The American Legion has no room for hate in its membership, nor will we silently tolerate hate in any form,” Grimsley said in a statement. “It is no longer about free speech or simple political discourse, rather it morphs into an affront to both Legionnaires and our communities, states and nations.”

Sobczak appears to be linked to two social media accounts — a Facebook account under the name “Mick Florio” and a Parler account under the name “Mickey Knuckles.”

Parler is an alternative social networking app, similar to Twitter, that hosts many political conservatives and some who have been banned from other social media platforms.

The “Mickey Knuckles” Parler account also recently shared a photo of bloodied motorcycle knuckle gloves and a small wooden club with the caption: “My trophy tire thumper from Washington, D.C.. The blood on the gloves isn’t mine.”

Sobczak did not deny writing the posts.

“What I do in my private life is private,” Sobczak said.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2021, 12:23:03 AM »
Not sure if I can continue on with posters who openly supported the idiot that brought us to this sorry state. Probably signing off for a while at least, till TM and his ilk have changed their tune, pretending to be against violence but supporting the most violent elements in our society...

Best wishes to most of the others

Ktb

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 158
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2021, 01:40:57 AM »
There is video proof that police removed the barricades and allowed terrorists to approach the Capitol. There is video proof of police and terrorists taking selfies in the Capitol building. There is video proof of police holding a woman's hand gingerly as he walks with her down the steps of the Capitol building.

When white supremacy is so entrenched in an institution that reform is not possible, the only remaining action is dismantling of that institution.
And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.
- Ishmael

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3586
  • Likes Given: 3935
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2021, 04:50:45 AM »
Wili, put posters on ignore as needed, but don't let their opinions drive you away from this site. Your voice is needed here.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1014
  • Likes Given: 1045
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:02 AM »
If you mea me, I do not support violence, wili, nor any violent elements.
PS I just heard the woman shot at Congress has died.

Tom ,
  by supporting Trump you do support violence and are part of America's most violent element . b.c.
There is no death , the Son of God is We .

karl dubhe2

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:09 PM »
Wili, put posters on ignore as needed, but don't let their opinions drive you away from this site. Your voice is needed here.

How do I put someone on ignore?   I seem to be somewhat blind, and can't find that button.  :)

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2047
  • Likes Given: 1988
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2021, 04:47:33 PM »
Profile/buddies ignore list (on left).
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2021, 08:44:04 PM »
There is video proof that police removed the barricades and allowed terrorists to approach the Capitol. There is video proof of police and terrorists taking selfies in the Capitol building. There is video proof of police holding a woman's hand gingerly as he walks with her down the steps of the Capitol building.

When white supremacy is so entrenched in an institution that reform is not possible, the only remaining action is dismantling of that institution.

Where is the outrage over four protesters dying?  Could it be because they were right wingers that the press is not printing outcries against them and demanding defunding the capitol police? 

ritter

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2021, 03:11:21 AM »

Where is the outrage over four protesters dying?  Could it be because they were right wingers that the press is not printing outcries against them and demanding defunding the capitol police?

Your white privilege is blinding.

Gerntocratis#1

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2021, 03:36:52 AM »

I would have to agree with you.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2021, 09:03:52 AM »
Well, Trayvon Martin was just a Kid

On the evening of February 26, Martin was walking back to the fiancée's house from a nearby convenience store. Zimmerman, a member of the community watch, saw Martin and reported him to the Sanford Police as suspicious. Several minutes later, there was an altercation and Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in the chest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin

It is not exactly the same situation. Ok it was not the Police.

In the case of George Floyd, it was the Police, and the situation was also quite different.

A report was made on the evening of 25 May, when Mr Floyd bought a pack of cigarettes from Cup Foods, a grocery store.

Believing the $20 bill he used to be counterfeit, a store employee reported it to police.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52861726