Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: 2024 US presidential election  (Read 30580 times)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1050
  • Likes Given: 0
2024 US presidential election
« on: December 19, 2020, 05:11:34 AM »
I'll kick this off with the horrible thought that we are not rid of Trump: that he will run in 2024

A variation is that he runs as an independent, not a republican ...

In either case the stupid, stupid media cannot and will not refrain from pointing all cameras straight at him ...

sidd

greylib

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 185
Re: USA Elections 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:01:38 PM »
I'll kick this off with the horrible thought that we are not rid of Trump: that he will run in 2024

In either case the stupid, stupid media cannot and will not refrain from pointing all cameras straight at him ...

sidd
And the stupid, stupid public will reward them with extra attention. Which, of course, is why they do it.
Step by step, moment by moment
We live through another day.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 156
  • Likes Given: 502
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 02:21:25 PM »

sidd

If he could not win re-election as a Republican, I seriously doubt he could do any better as an independent.  He only one in 2016, because the Democrats nominated Clinton, and the electorate did not like her very much either. 

John Palmer.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »

sidd
If he runs as independent, the media will ignore him

Trump's presidency has been under the vigilance and control of people he claimed he was to “fight” (the “drain the swamp” that never happened).

He has elevated swampy people (like Pompeo).

The Establishment will never let him run as independent. But he could win the Republican primaries with a single hand, and given the “Marvel Team” that Biden is putting together, he might find the grace of independent voters again.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1045
  • Likes Given: 1317
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
Trump will not run in 2024. He'll just make everyone think he will. That way he can stay in control of the GOP.

My guess is that he won't even be in the US in 2024. If he still is, it'll be in jail together with his whole family...
When factual science is in conflict with our beliefs or traditions, we cuddle up in our own delusional fantasy where everything starts making sense again.

Tom Stedman

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: 2024 US presidential election
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 03:42:01 AM »
 The US presidenticy seems to swing back and forth between republicans and democrats, and I can't see Biden servings another term. So that leaves whoever runs for the republican party.
I think it's still impossible to tell who that will be at this stage, but we will soon see!

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 03:14:18 PM »
The US presidenticy seems to swing back and forth between republicans and democrats, and I can't see Biden servings another term. So that leaves whoever runs for the republican party.
I think it's still impossible to tell who that will be at this stage, but we will soon see!

It does, but much depends on the situation, especially the economy.  Under the current scenario, the Democrats would be in trouble.  two years from now, it may be different.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3551
  • Likes Given: 773
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 02:18:52 AM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 02:24:22 AM by vox_mundi »
There are 3 classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 260
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 04:22:39 PM »
And the red MAGAs will bring back Trump or a Trump-like candidate again, and the blue MAGAs will blame Russia again, and after another four years of yelling they’ll elect an easily controllable centrist candidate again and all the while the Deep State keeps 24/7 with their wars, and Congress and Senate make sure that no universal healthcare, education, housing, fair wages for the working class ever happen, in aeternum … a well-oiled machine for the benefit of a very few with a population completely distracted with their divisions. See cartoons above, for instance. Cretinism is the rule.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
  • Liked: 119
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2023, 06:22:14 PM »
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has made his candidacy official, challenging Joe Biden for the Democratic Party’s 2024 nomination.

Kennedy had hinted about a White House run in recent weeks, saying in a Twitter post last month that he wanted supporters to help him to decide whether to challenge Biden. “If it looks like I can raise the money and mobilize enough people to win, I’ll jump in the race. If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children, and robbed us of our values and freedoms. Together, we can restore America’s democracy.”

A long-time environmental lawyer, author and anti-vaccine activist, Kennedy filed a class-action lawsuit last month against Biden, former Covid-19 czar Dr. Anthony Fauci, and other administration officials for compelling social media platforms to censor jab critics.

He has called for the release of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, saying, “There is no America without a Free Press. There is no Free Press without a free Julian Assange.”

Kennedy has also spoken out against the US Federal Reserve’s planned digital currency, and accused the CIA of suppressing records related to the 1963 assassination of his uncle. Earlier this week, he blamed a policy of using military power to enforce global hegemony for the loss of US influence over Saudi Arabia and the Gulf monarchy’s new alliances with China and Iran.

“The Ukraine war is the final collapse of the neocon's short-lived ‘American Century,’” Kennedy said. “The neocon projects in Iraq and Ukraine have cost $8.1 trillion, hollowed out our middle class, made a laughingstock of US military power and moral authority, pushed China and Russia into an invincible alliance, destroyed the dollar as the global currency, cost millions of lives and done nothing to advance democracy or win friendships or influence.”

It's wealth, constantly seeking more wealth, to better seek still more wealth. Building wealth off of destruction. That's what's consuming the world. And is driving humans crazy at the same time.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 12:50:56 PM »
20 Apr 2023

Part 1

Part 2
It's wealth, constantly seeking more wealth, to better seek still more wealth. Building wealth off of destruction. That's what's consuming the world. And is driving humans crazy at the same time.

LeftyLarry

• NewMembers
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2023, 05:36:43 AM »
And the red MAGAs will bring back Trump or a Trump-like candidate again, and the blue MAGAs will blame Russia again, and after another four years of yelling they’ll elect an easily controllable centrist candidate again and all the while the Deep State keeps 24/7 with their wars, and Congress and Senate make sure that no universal healthcare, education, housing, fair wages for the working class ever happen, in aeternum … a well-oiled machine for the benefit of a very few with a population completely distracted with their divisions. See cartoons above, for instance. Cretinism is the rule.

You guys are so silly.
52% of Americans live in a middle class environment , a damn good middle class environment, about 19% live in an upper middleclass environment
29% live in a lower strata environment , none of them are starving and all can go to any hospital emergency room for free treatment, can’t be turned away.
If you take the deaths from drugs , which the Democrats turn a blind eye too, how that Fentanyl kills mostly white people, the life expectancy of people who take care of themselves and get American medical treatment continues to rise, I have many friends who’s parents and nuts and uncles and grandparents are 90-100 years old, we get hip replacements, knee replacement’s, cataract surgery in a week to a month depending on which drs we choose .
The tax base keeps increasing as more and more people come to the US, both illegally and poor and immediately find work if they want it and get Obamacare type medical also , though hopefully that will end soon, and in my neighborhood young people continuously buy 2 million Dollar homes and tear them down to build bigger and newer homes, this all during a recession .
yes, the Leftist Government is spending money out of control but the Republicans in congress are about to put that to a Stop also and thanks to the Left pushing the transgender nonsense, it looks like we have a legit chance to see a conservative House and Senate and hopefully a Conservative President fter the next election also , I am optimistic especially when I see things like this,  rapid change , moving away from the insanity of the hard left and their fascism.

https://www.thefire.org/news/building-knowledge-and-inspiring-discussion-cornell-stands-free-speech-announces-university

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1343
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2023, 10:04:20 AM »
I have many friends who’s parents and nuts and uncles and grandparents are 90-100 years old,

My nuts are 48 years old.  ;D

That's it in a nutshell. It's a circus, professional wrestling.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2023, 02:30:30 PM »
Trumpism is fading.  A few candidates will linger, and win in the maga heavy districts.  Nationally, the phase (craze?) has ended.  Unless the economy improves significantly, the Democrats will be on the defensive in 2024.  That does not mean they will lose.  The propensity for either party to nominate a candidate that is unpalatable to the general public seems to have increased greatly in recent elections.  That said, a large number of voters will blindly choose whatever candidate their preferred party puts on the ballot.  Biden was the closest to a centrist candidate in recent cycles, but his record in office points leftward.  The middle will likely look elsewhere.  RFK jr is not likely to appeal to them.  If the Republicans can nominate someone tolerable, they have a good chance at the White House.

LeftyLarry

• NewMembers
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2023, 02:45:29 AM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:31:59 AM by LeftyLarry »

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2023, 04:14:31 PM »
That may be more of a reflection on the unfavorability of Biden than anything else.  His favorabity rating is hovering just over 40%.  The only President below 40% at this stage in his term was Carter, and we know how that fared.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2023, 05:40:36 AM »
Robert Kennedy, Jr. promised to pardon Julian Assange if he won the presidential election.

🔸The Democratic candidate said that "instead of protecting freedom of speech, the United States is persecuting journalists and whistleblowers.”

🔸Kennedy named several other "courageous truth-tellers": former intelligence officer John Kiriakou, former NSA official Thomas Drake, and former CIA operatives Jeffrey Sterling and Edward Snowden.

🔸The Democrat has promised to formally launch investigations into information and revelations from these sources.

Well I can't see Kennedy going far with that kind of a platform. The media is going to 'kill his candidacy' before it starts. But miracles and surprises can happen. Is there a real level of support form the people overall for what he is offering/saying?

Sanders didn't get anywhere and he was far more conservative than Kennedy is. Anyway, if he gets anywhere I hope he choose Tulsi as his running mate ... put the cats among the pigeons for a few weeks at least.

God help us. The US is basically in ruins physically, morally, and psychologically.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2023, 01:26:35 PM »
Robert Kennedy, Jr. promised to pardon Julian Assange if he won the presidential election.

🔸The Democratic candidate said that "instead of protecting freedom of speech, the United States is persecuting journalists and whistleblowers.”

🔸Kennedy named several other "courageous truth-tellers": former intelligence officer John Kiriakou, former NSA official Thomas Drake, and former CIA operatives Jeffrey Sterling and Edward Snowden.

🔸The Democrat has promised to formally launch investigations into information and revelations from these sources.

Well I can't see Kennedy going far with that kind of a platform. The media is going to 'kill his candidacy' before it starts. But miracles and surprises can happen. Is there a real level of support form the people overall for what he is offering/saying?

Sanders didn't get anywhere and he was far more conservative than Kennedy is. Anyway, if he gets anywhere I hope he choose Tulsi as his running mate ... put the cats among the pigeons for a few weeks at least.

God help us. The US is basically in ruins physically, morally, and psychologically.

Ultimately, I believe that his anti-vaccine platform will derail his candidacy within the Democratic party.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2023, 08:25:47 AM »
A Manhattan jury found former US president Donald Trump guilty of sexual abuse of E. Jean Carroll, a magazine writer, on Tuesday. The jury also found Trump liable for defamation since he had dismissed the case against him as a “hoax” and a “complete con job.”

After deliberating for three hours, the jurors in the civil trial held Trump liable for “battery” and defamation of Carroll, but not rape. The ex-president was ordered to pay the writer $5 million in damages.

Carroll had accused Trump of raping her in the dressing room of a Fifth Avenue department store back in the 1990s, but failed to prove he had actually engaged with her in sexual intercourse, and did so without consent.

Trump has consistently denied ever having met Carroll and insisted the entire trial was politically motivated.

“I have absolutely no idea who this woman is. This verdict is a disgrace — a continuation of the greatest witch hunt of all time!” Trump posted on Truth Social shortly after the verdict.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 02:56:08 PM »
The RFK Jr. Tapes
The Democratic presidential candidate and America’s most prominent ‘conspiracy theorist’ talks about his family, the military-pharmaceutical complex, and our new system of social control
by
David Samuels
April 25, 2023

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/robert-f-kennedy-jr-interview-david-samuels

LeftyLarry

• NewMembers
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2023, 05:53:36 AM »
That may be more of a reflection on the unfavorability of Biden than anything else.  His favorabity rating is hovering just over 40%.  The only President below 40% at this stage in his term was Carter, and we know how that fared.
Outside of Democrat strongholds like NY, CAL Mass, etc, Trump is much more popular than the Leftists believe he is, it’s why Hillary lost to him in the first place.
When I ask people , even here , in NY, who dislike him, what policies of his are they against, none have any answers.
It’s visceral they say, I say, right to their faces, no, it’s your  mental illness.

LeftyLarry

• NewMembers
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2023, 02:27:30 PM »
“””””Carroll had accused Trump of raping her in the dressing room of a Fifth Avenue department store back in the 1990s, but failed to prove he had actually engaged with her in sexual intercourse, and did so without consent.

Trump has consistently denied ever having met Carroll and insisted the entire trial was politically motivated.””””””””.

No proof but let’s have Trump pay her five million dollars because we don’t like his politics.

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 07:15:52 AM »
for anyone having trouble keeping up with both the trump drama and the biden drama this will provide the short version of the latest.

Where is reality? Can you show it to me? - Heinz von Foerster

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2023, 03:08:49 PM »
  There is no Biden drama , and no scandals about him.

Trying to link a former president indicted under the espionage act (among other things)  and a not indicted president is misleading , and plainly wrong

And a video isn't not going to change that

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »
  There is no Biden drama , and no scandals about him.

Trying to link a former president indicted under the espionage act (among other things)  and a not indicted president is misleading , and plainly wrong

And a video isn't not going to change that

No, Biden's issues are not drama or scandal.  People are just not confident in his handling of the economy, particularly inflation.  His low approval rating does not bode well for the election next year.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballotpedia%27s_Polling_Index:_Comparison_of_opinion_polling_during_the_Trump_and_Biden_administrations

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2023, 06:09:45 PM »
   All we need is a candidate able to defeat trump
   Biden will succeed as he did 3 years ago.
   Nothing else matters. Nothing.

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2023, 06:25:24 PM »
denial and delusion are powerful. next you'll be telling us biden doesn't have dementia and hunter is a choir boy. elder abuse is criminal and so are the alleged activities of the bidens.

‘Let Me Save You Some Breath’: John Kirby Shuts Down Newsmax Reporter’s Questions On Hunter Biden

gangsta'.

Hunter Biden Questions

the doj, fbi and cia have some questions to answer too.

nothing to see here, move along. hilarious.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2023, 06:40:17 PM »
   All we need is a candidate able to defeat trump
   Biden will succeed as he did 3 years ago.
   Nothing else matters. Nothing.

Does that include someone like DeSantis beating Trump in the primary?

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2023, 06:44:04 PM »
i'm going to predict that neither biden nor trump will be the candidates in the election.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2023, 06:45:17 PM »
Maybe Adolf Hitler can run, and as long as he defeats Trump, everything is fine.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2023, 06:50:40 PM »
  As far as I know , DeSantis doesn't plan to withdraw from NATO and is not involved in showing or selling nuclear secrets to US enemies , or lists of spies, or overturning an election , or planning to destroy US democracy .

So, if he wins the primary, it's fine for me .
  But you do understand that DT will say that the primary was stolen from him  . Good luck getting out of that mess.

trump is the enemy of America . Of everything America stands for , on this planet.
   One should consider the damage that 1 awful leader can do to his country . XI is the perfect example . Putin another one .

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2023, 07:33:08 PM »
America stands for racism, neocolonialism, corporate greed and meddling in other countries. I don't believe Trump is the enemy of that.

Are you seeking treatment for your TDS?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5361
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2023, 07:38:27 PM »
DeSantis is doing quite well in undermining democracy in Florida...

Imagine - there is a real possibility that by the end of January 2025 we will see Trump in the White House**, a Republican House of Representatives and a Republican Senate totally cowed and under the thumb of the rabid right for 4 lonnngg years.

To complete the feast DeSantis as VP? ( a far more astute operator than Trump when it comes to getting things done).

A treat in store for those who wish the USA the worst of times?

**Note: Apparently being a convicted felon (as is very possible) would not disbar Trump from being the President.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2023, 07:54:38 PM »
  There is no chance to see DT elected . Thank God

But will those types of candidates keep popping up? or will the republicans finally wake up and find a decent candidate?
  If not, they will keep losing elections ...and then try to topple US democracy another way.

Scary. The world doesn't need America going Amok. (for many reasons)
  It is going to be a long decade. (Sadly)

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2023, 08:03:07 PM »
trump says the quiet part out loud which is why the establishment hates him, he rips the mask off empire. he's a classic narcissist (as opposed to the more devious kinds), you can hear him coming a mile away. he's as american as apple pie. does anyone think he hasn't been doing business with criminal elements as a new york real estate mogul? please.

during the depths of lockdown he did have me rolling on the floor with lights inside the body and bleach. i hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

Trump Tells FORBIDDEN Truth About U.S. Foreign Policy!

if the election comes down to biden vs. trump the united states is finished either way.

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2023, 08:16:46 PM »
  There is no chance to see DT elected . Thank God

But will those types of candidates keep popping up? or will the republicans finally wake up and find a decent candidate?
  If not, they will keep losing elections ...and then try to topple US democracy another way.

Scary. The world doesn't need America going Amok. (for many reasons)
  It is going to be a long decade. (Sadly)

What you mean by
- God
- Decency
- US Democracy
- The needs of the world and America
is all so debatable, that we would not be able to agree during the entire (sad) decade.

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2023, 08:38:44 PM »

[/quote]

What you mean by
- God
- Decency
- US Democracy
is all so debatable, that we would not be able to agree during the entire (sad) decade.
[/quote]

In 2023, world is about alliances
   For the sake of the argument , let's say DT gets elected .
  There is no more NATO. China is free to attack Taiwan. Full war begins in Europe
  The PAX Americana in Asia disappears.
  All countries rush to get nukes or WMD (Much easier with AI)

Maybe some people want to give this a try.
  That is what is at stake.

It won't happen because he will lose (or go to jail before )
  But the simple fact that many sees this outcome as a viable alternative is simply mind-blowing .
  Why is even such a risk being contemplated?

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2023, 10:29:00 PM »
u%zrt%^
pqrst789
!
incomprehensible+_
..()

morganism

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 155
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »
THE EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO AMERICAN DEMOCRACY:
Political Extremism, Radicalization & The 2024 Presidential Election

https://lincolndemocracyinstitute.us/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/LDI-2023-Democracy-Index-Key-Findings.pdf

"What makes the 2024 elections unique in
American history is that we are going into an
election cycle knowing there is a real chance
a significant portion of the voting population
will not accept the results as free and fair. It
is highly likely these voters will not accept the
governance of the election’s winner because
they do not believe the outcome. Therefore, to
confront this challenge, we must ask ourselves
– why is this so?"

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2023, 01:30:10 AM »
because it's all corrupt to the core?

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election
https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

"There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted. For more than a year, a loosely organized coalition of operatives scrambled to shore up America’s institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined President. Though much of this activity took place on the left, it was separate from the Biden campaign and crossed ideological lines, with crucial contributions by nonpartisan and conservative actors. The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. “The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation,” says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program."

they corrupted the process for their choice to save democracy from the corruption of the bad guy.

it's reminiscent of hanging chads, closed polling stations and the supreme court electing a president.

the united states isn't a democracy and even the attempts at a potemkin village of a democracy are a joke.

Chris83

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2023, 09:24:14 AM »
   Repeating a million times the election was rigged, mentioning a zillion times "hunter" or "what about Iraq" is the Qanon method
  No one is listening , except the echo chamber.
  Displaying a lose lose strategy , bordering with ridicule , will prove devastating.
  Will America ever forgive Reps to support the destruction of US democracy ?

We shall see.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2023, 11:03:39 AM »
America stands for racism, neocolonialism, corporate greed and meddling in other countries. I don't believe Trump is the enemy of that.

Are you seeking treatment for your TDS?
Donald Trump stands for selfish greed and disregard for the law. He's a greedy, selfish, hateful criminal, without any morals. The first time he was running for president was for more international name recognition so he could become wealthier. He never believed he could actually win. The harder he tried to lose, the more support he got. That was the true meaning of the line that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him.

This time he wants to get elected to pardon himself, and to get even with people he hates, which is basically every American now. He will demolish everything his opponents love, just out of pure hate for what they have done to him, the poor sad little billionaire...

With Donald Trump in the White House, forget about the climate. Forget about global stability. He will burn it all down. DT should not come near the White House ever again. And he won't. Unless you've got some idiots like Cornel West and others running third party to take votes away from Biden. That's how he got elected the first time, with votes taken away from Clinton by the green party. There were other reasons, of course, but that's the risk of a 2 party system in the US. A third candidate could get someone elected from the opposite side.

Biden is really not a bad president, especially when it comes to the climate. What he's done with RE is amazing. Never enough, of course, but Donald Trump will tear it all down again. Is that what we really want? For me, the climate is all that matters... Times up... We don't have time for Donald Trump again...
When factual science is in conflict with our beliefs or traditions, we cuddle up in our own delusional fantasy where everything starts making sense again.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2023, 11:35:16 AM »
Don't call Cornel West an idiot, and stop saying Biden is anything more than a senile, corrupt, paedophile mass murderer.

Trump and Biden are the exact same thing. If Americans are too dumb to understand that they're being fooled into believing that these are their only choices, they get exactly what they deserve.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2023, 11:42:03 AM »
Don't call Cornel West an idiot, and stop saying Biden is anything more than a senile, corrupt, paedophile mass murderer.

Trump and Biden are the exact same thing. If Americans are too dumb to understand that they're being fooled into believing that these are their only choices, they get exactly what they deserve.
Cornel West is certainly not an idiot, but he is an idiot if he runs against Biden and gets Trump elected again.

Too bad you believe that about Biden. Corrupt, like any other politician, probably, but he actually believes in climate change. Trump doesn't. Do you want climate denialists in the White House again? I don't!

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2023, 01:14:17 PM »
Cornel West is certainly not an idiot, but he is an idiot if he runs against Biden and gets Trump elected again.

No, the people who vote for Biden or Trump and not for Cornel West are the idiots.

Too bad you believe that about Biden. Corrupt, like any other politician, probably, but he actually believes in climate change. Trump doesn't. Do you want climate denialists in the White House again? I don't!

Biden doesn't believe in anything except his dick and his ego. He's a psychopath.

It's too bad that someone who lives in Belgium gets sucked into fake American polarisation. You don't get systemic change by voting the lesser evil every 4 years, and systemic change is what is needed to solve the problem of AGW. Biden is the exact opposite of systemic change.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2023, 01:19:05 PM »
THE EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO AMERICAN DEMOCRACY:
Political Extremism, Radicalization & The 2024 Presidential Election

https://lincolndemocracyinstitute.us/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/LDI-2023-Democracy-Index-Key-Findings.pdf

"What makes the 2024 elections unique in
American history is that we are going into an
election cycle knowing there is a real chance
a significant portion of the voting population
will not accept the results as free and fair. It
is highly likely these voters will not accept the
governance of the election’s winner because
they do not believe the outcome. Therefore, to
confront this challenge, we must ask ourselves
– why is this so?"

To start with, use simple paper ballots into transparent urns, get rid of the voting machines, agree on a solid voter ID system, and finish the recount before the morning of next day. Like almost any other country of the world that holds elections.

Then there’s the trust or distrust on the system in general, but at least fix the damn electoral process so there is much less room for suspicion. American voting system is the shame of the world.

I would not trust voting machines at all. Is it so complicated to get rid of them? At least for the presidentials, congress and senate. If you want to use them to vote all the propositions etc well I guess it’s ok for that.

And that’s just the beginning to stop the madness you are talking about.

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2023, 01:37:09 PM »

What you mean by
- God
- Decency
- US Democracy

In 2023, world is about alliances
   For the sake of the argument , let's say DT gets elected .
  There is no more NATO. China is free to attack Taiwan. Full war begins in Europe
  The PAX Americana in Asia disappears.
  All countries rush to get nukes or WMD (Much easier with AI)

Maybe some people want to give this a try.
  That is what is at stake.

It won't happen because he will lose (or go to jail before )
  But the simple fact that many sees this outcome as a viable alternative is simply mind-blowing .
  Why is even such a risk being contemplated?

The PAX americana in Asia, lol. You mean the continuous state of agitation or war that the US has caused in Asia?
- Korea?
- Vietnam?
- Arming Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afganistan?
- Iraq?
- ISIS as a consequence of your “PAX” americana in Afganistan and Iraq?
- War on Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afganistan?
- Syria?

You know what PAX means?
Do you realize how harmful the US military has been for the world?
Do you really think the US is making a favor to the world after the last 60 years of causing continuous conflict, pain, division, hate, death, in Asia, Latin America, Africa, etc?

Ok don’t respond with another word salad. Thank you.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2023, 01:39:21 PM »

With Donald Trump in the White House, forget about the climate. Forget about global stability. He will burn it all down. DT should not come near the White House ever again. And he won't. Unless you've got some idiots like Cornel West and others running third party to take votes away from Biden. That's how he got elected the first time, with votes taken away from Clinton by the green party. There were other reasons, of course, but that's the risk of a 2 party system in the US. A third candidate could get someone elected from the opposite side.

All the green party voters would not have been enough to swing the elections towards Clinton.  There have always been third party voters, who will not vote for the Big 2.  Just claiming that they would all support one of the two major party candidates is ludicrous.  Neither of the major party candidates was well liked (Clinton had the 2nd lowest favorability rating going into the election).  IMO, Trump won because the voters disliked him less than they disliked Clinton.  Biden was much more likeable, and hence, prevailed.  Not sure he can repeat that feat.