Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: USA Elections 2024  (Read 1737 times)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
USA Elections 2024
« on: December 19, 2020, 05:11:34 AM »
I'll kick this off with the horrible thought that we are not rid of Trump: that he will run in 2024

A variation is that he runs as an independent, not a republican ...

In either case the stupid, stupid media cannot and will not refrain from pointing all cameras straight at him ...

sidd

greylib

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 184
Re: USA Elections 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:01:38 PM »
I'll kick this off with the horrible thought that we are not rid of Trump: that he will run in 2024

In either case the stupid, stupid media cannot and will not refrain from pointing all cameras straight at him ...

sidd
And the stupid, stupid public will reward them with extra attention. Which, of course, is why they do it.
Step by step, moment by moment
We live through another day.

The Walrus

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 150
  • Likes Given: 487
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 02:21:25 PM »

sidd

If he could not win re-election as a Republican, I seriously doubt he could do any better as an independent.  He only one in 2016, because the Democrats nominated Clinton, and the electorate did not like her very much either. 

John Palmer.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »

sidd
If he runs as independent, the media will ignore him

Trump's presidency has been under the vigilance and control of people he claimed he was to “fight” (the “drain the swamp” that never happened).

He has elevated swampy people (like Pompeo).

The Establishment will never let him run as independent. But he could win the Republican primaries with a single hand, and given the “Marvel Team” that Biden is putting together, he might find the grace of independent voters again.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 955
  • Likes Given: 1260
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
Trump will not run in 2024. He'll just make everyone think he will. That way he can stay in control of the GOP.

My guess is that he won't even be in the US in 2024. If he still is, it'll be in jail together with his whole family...
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?