Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Really? Neven admits he has no credentials and you still follow?  (Read 7616 times)

FredFriendly

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Idiots.

Arctic sea ice will increase next ten years.

Temp decreasing, look at the real data at GISS or METOFFICE.

No increased storms or hurricanes, or tornadoes.  See real data at the weather service.

Keep making shit up you idoits, you will lose.

More importantly, you hurt the poor in this world by starving them when all you do is increase energy prices through your arrogance and husbris.  Children dies daily because of your lack of understanding of basic math.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/cmb/images/cei/step6.02-01.gif
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/Landsea/gw_hurricanes/fig33.jpg
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/wcm/2012/2011-2012-tornado-annual-depature.png

Temp still dropping! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcrut4/data/current/web_figures/hadcrut4_annual_global.png

Arctic sea ice still near record: http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/S_stddev_timeseries.png

Only simpletons and idiots ignore data

(Moderator: edited those 2 links)
www.climate4you.org
www.solen.info
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:12:54 AM by DungeonMaster »

Shared Humanity

Re: Really? Neven admits he has no credentials and you still follow?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:01:20 AM »
Fred....

You may want to consider posting under a different name. The post seems anything but friendly. How about "Fred Hostile" or "Fred Rude".

Also, you may want to use a spell/grammar check.

ccgwebmaster

• Nilas ice
  • Civilisation collapse - what are you doing?
    • View Profile
    • CCG Website
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »
I usually don't waste time with trolls, deniers, the generally rude and the dogmatically entrenched, but I couldn't resist reflecting upon the ironic implication of a statement here:

When anyone speaks, they represent - at the very least - themselves.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1337
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:20:07 AM »
More importantly, you hurt the poor in this world

I think the problem is rather that we could be hurting the rich in this world. Which is why they paid for propagandists to spread disinformation that you fell for, and now spread for free.

And as far as credentials go, would you want me to lie about that? I just try to be as transparent as possible, explain why I think something, and then let people decided for themselves what they think of that. Besides, it's more about what we achieve as a collective of idoits than about me and my credentials, and I think so far we did pretty well describing what has been going on in the Arctic in the past 4 years.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

OldLeatherneck

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:25:57 AM »
I think that our "Friendly Freddie" should be told to float his little boat in the "Kiddie Pool" because he/she has no business swimming in the deep end with adults!!
"Share Your Knowledge.  It's a Way to Achieve Immortality."  ......the Dalai Lama

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »
I think that our "Friendly Freddie" should be told to float his little boat in the "Kiddie Pool" because he/she has no business swimming in the deep end with adults!!

We can always do that, but I want to see what Fred really knows and thinks about Arctic sea ice first, without too much feeding.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

ktonine

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:01:45 AM »
Better to leave his post just as it is.  Our friend Fred is a perfect example of Mark Twain's old adage, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  Fred has opened his and all doubt is removed.

If Fred had the courage of his beliefs he could wager any one of dozens of people willing to take his money. 

Troll? Idiot? Sincerely deluded true believer?  Who knows, who cares?

I wish Fred would post a *scientific* response and explain the mechanism that's going to suddenly start increasing ice growth. 

Juan C. García

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1279
  • Likes Given: 1127
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:04:35 AM »
Neven, like many other armchair scientists has little formal training. But, he makes up for that with a doggedness that would impress anyone. While he describes his blog as basically weather reports, many publishing researchers turn to him for a comprehensive view of current conditions. Do you want to know what the short term ice conditions will likely be? Ask Neven. Interested in learning about impacts of current conditions on the atmosphere? Ask Neven.

Not only is he a great resource, but the commenters provide insightful thoughts as well. And very often, they are not in agreement with each other. It is refreshing to see people engage in polite yet candid discussions of various views of our Arctic.

Guardian article

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2013/aug/12/global-warming-arctic-armchair-scientists

Hey, we are close to become 500 members on this forum   8)
Which is the best answer to Sep-2012 ASI lost (compared to 1979-2000)?
50% [NSIDC Extent] or
73% [PIOMAS Volume]

Volume is harder to measure than extent, but 3-dimensional space is real, 2D's hide ~50% thickness gone.
-> IPCC/NSIDC trends [based on extent] underestimate the real speed of ASI lost.

gideonlow

• New ice
  • Fast Data/Big Data Systems Architect
    • View Profile
    • Pivotal Initiative -- Next Generation Data Technology
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:09:27 AM »
I usually don't waste time with trolls, deniers, the generally rude and the dogmatically entrenched, but I couldn't resist reflecting upon the ironic implication of a statement here:

When anyone speaks, they represent - at the very least - themselves.

Indeed.  In never ceases to amaze me how most of the people that fit the above categories fail to recognize how obviously and immediately they betray themselves.  We occasionally see some Trolls that manage to disguise themselves for perhaps a few posts.  Even then, their (albeit subtler) methods usually reveal their true nature soon enough . . . Thank you Neven for doing such a great job moderating (in addition to everything else!).

John Batteen

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14:03 AM »
It's tough to say for sure but I think he's trolling.  The link under "Temps still dropping!" points to a chart that clearly indicates rising temperatures, and the final link under "Arctic sea ice still near record:" goes to a chart for Antarctic ice.

deep octopus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14:32 AM »
Fred....

You may want to consider posting under a different name. The post seems anything but friendly. How about "Fred Hostile" or "Fred Rude".

Or maybe Gish-Galloping Gary? Surely many germane names would suit this fellow well.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:47 AM »
Friendly Fred seems to have disappeared, so no more use for this thread.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
I'm the real, authentic, original, near-unique Fred - being usually friendly. Should I feel offended? Did he chose his nickname on purpose ? ;)

Quite strangely his Ip address appears to originate from the US, not from Philippines where many (probably paid) trolls monitor Google.

Is this post related in time to the article in the Guardian?
This forum helps me to feel less uncomfortable about "doing something" about the melting Arctic and the warming world.