Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Far Right's Great White Arctic Sea Ice Con  (Read 273219 times)

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
Re: The Mail's Great White Arctic Sea Ice Con
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »
The Norse Gods move in mysterious ways, and evidently have a well developed sense of humour! For this morning's update on recent blue-arsed flying at WUWT please see:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2016/02/global-sea-ice-extent-at-lowest-ever-level/#2016-02-19-0830

Here's a little hint:

"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »
Some real "Shock News!", in which my alter ego congratulates a Mail reporter on their remarkably accurate Arctic sea ice reporting!!

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/status/701384954484232193

The headline was alarmingly warmist!!!

"Arctic sea ice dips to its lowest level ever"
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
I've been so busy blogging about "skeptical porky pies" recently that I haven't had time to keep this thread up to date with all the things that have been going on in the ‪"Wingnut Alternate Reality" (WAR for short. © Reggie Perrin 2013)‬!

Let's start with our stunningly accurate prior prediction (© Wipneus 2016) of the latest all time low in global ‪sea ice‬ area:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2016/02/global-sea-ice-area-at-lowest-ever-level/#comment-213591

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »
Neatly summarising my recent in depth exploration of the denialosphere:

DMIGate Skulduggery In a Nutshell

In view of the incontrovertible evidence why would anyone believe anything Paul Homewood, Anthony Watts and Judith Curry claim about “Climate Etc.” ever again?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
The usual #TwitterTrolls have fallen remarkably silent recently!

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/status/708235986275332096

Cat got your tongue @shubclimate? Testifying before @SenTedCruz on a topic you admittedly know little about is OK with you?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2016, 04:23:22 PM »
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

The cryodenialospheric blogger formerly known as "Steve Goddard" has published a blog post about me!

"Is the Polar Ocean Challenge About to End in Disaster?"

It is if you believe Tony Heller, which I humbly suggest is not a particularly wise course of action at the best of times. In his umpteenth article on Northabout’s Great Adventure over the last four days he dares to take your humble scribe’s name in vain as he loudly proclaims:

“Jim Hunt Egging The Ship Of Fools On To Disaster”

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 24, 2016, 12:26:18 AM »
David Rose is very quiet in the Mail on Sunday, but Matt Ridley is everywhere. First of all the Today programme on BBC Radio 4 repeats his Arctic sea ice BS verbatim:

Radio Four in Arctic Sea Ice Bias Shock Today!

To quote one commenter:

In this one [The 5th Viscount] Ridley [was] not sitting at the end of a mic, but might as well have been

As Neven put it:

Spineless bastards all

I've registered an official complaint with the BBC. They assure me:

We aim to reply in about 2 weeks

Would anybody else care to join the queue?

Not only that, but also the Royal Society seem happy to provide Ridley with a platform & hence a propaganda coup:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2106842-should-uks-royal-society-host-those-who-deny-climate-science/

Not a good week all in all!

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2016, 08:45:02 PM »
The BBC has taken somewhat less than 2 weeks to reply to “Disgusted of Dunchideock”:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2016/09/radio-four-in-arctic-sea-ice-bias-shock-today/#Sep-27

They may as well not have bothered:

All complaints are sent to senior management and programme makers every morning and we included your points in this overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your complaint has been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future output.

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »
Anthony Watts has written an Arctic sea ice article of his own for a change, quoting the GWPF as a source. However, our elucidatory comment remains invisible as a helpful WUWT moderator defines the word "mendacious" for us:

"Watts Up With The Inconvenient Arctic Hiatus?"

Our title for today does of course refer to the inconvenient hiatus caused by the Gremlins currently stealing my comments from under the noses of Anthony Watts’ eagle eyed team of moderators before they can approve them as suitable for public view.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »
The BBC thoughtfully invited me to take part in a survey, seeking my opinion on my recent contact with them. I dutifully complied:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2016/09/radio-four-in-arctic-sea-ice-bias-shock-today/#Sep-29

Apparently:

All feedback – good or bad – gets passed back to the person that handled your contact.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2016, 07:21:05 AM »
Surveys, surveys, surveys. They are everywhere. I do most of my financial transactions online, and am asked repeatedly to take part in another mindless survey. I never participate because I think it's a waste of time. What I've seen Jim and so have you and many others is that these corporations suffer from groupthink and no matter what the response is, it passes through their own reality "filter".

Although I applaud your efforts I have to ask, is it really worth it? Is there a genuine way of getting our point across and creating real change? I hope the answer is yes, but I remain doubtful.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 12, 2016, 02:45:20 PM »
According to David Rose in The Mail on Sunday:

Some scientists, including Dr Gavin Schmidt, head of Nasa’s climate division, have claimed that the recent highs were mainly the result of long-term global warming.

Others have argued that the records were caused by El Nino, a complex natural phenomenon that takes place every few years, and has nothing to do with greenhouse gas emissions by humans.

The new fall in temperatures suggests they were right.

Also according to David Rose in The Mail on Sunday:

There were claims – now exploded by the Met Office data shown here – that our report was ‘misleading’ and ‘cherry-picked’.

Yet bizarrely, the fiercest criticism was reserved for claims we never made – that there isn’t a long-term warming trend, mainly caused by human emissions.

This just wasn’t in our report – which presumably, critics hadn’t even read.

I suppose that means that even David Rose and The Mail now agree that there IS a long-term warming trend, mainly caused by human emissions?

Post-Truth Global and Arctic Temperatures

The facts of the matter:

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »
It seems David Rose is following in the footsteps of "Steve Goddard" and has finally seen the light!

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2016/12/post-truth-global-and-arctic-temperatures/#comment-216633

Again and again I was accused of not accepting there’s a long term warming trend, and furthermore if there is such a trend, and of course there is such a trend, that it’s not largely or to a great extent due to greenhouse gas emissions from human beings.

Gray-Wolf

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 131
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2016, 09:50:26 PM »
Hi Jim! Just be careful with his setting up of the 'How can CO2 do all that?' straw man ?.

I'm sick to the back teeth of having Deniers lean on the 'how can CO2 be responsible for all that?' lurker bait.

You yourself linked a paper that had a 48 hr period of humid air ( 10 times the humidity to prior to the event?) raise temps , over a 48hr period, by 17c!!!

CO2= blue touch paper, water Vapour- BOOM!!! ......well across the Arctic/Antarctic at least!!!
KOYAANISQATSI

ko.yaa.nis.katsi (from the Hopi language), n. 1. crazy life. 2. life in turmoil. 3. life disintegrating. 4. life out of balance. 5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »
Intriguingly Anthony Watts has a poster at AGU this year. Rather than bleating about RSS temperature this time around he reveals an increase in total precipitable water. According to the RSS website "This increase can be formally attributed to human-induced climate change":

http://www.remss.com/research/climate#vapor

Boom, boom?

On the Mail on Sunday front they assure me:

We are looking into your concerns and if appropriate will reply to you in due course.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »
Willard and Willis have just issued a press release.

Needless to say this polite enquiry of mine is invisible:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:41:03 PM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
By some strange quirk of fate "Snow White's" latest research into "alternative facts" about the Arctic propagated by the likes of "Steve Goddard" has coincided with the launch of the learned Journal of Alternative Facts!

Yet another quirk of fate bumped me into Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts on Twitter yesterday. The JAF article guidelines insist on peer review by politicians, so we've asked Senator Roberts for his comments on our research. "No answer!" has been his stern reply thus far.

Read all about it at:

Alternative Facts About the Arctic in 2017

See also the project page on ResearchGate:

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Alternative-Facts-in-the-Arctic

Graham P Davis

• New ice
    • View Profile
    • Scarlet Jade Group
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
Nothing changes in the Daily Mail's universe. Almost fifty years ago when I was working in the Ice Unit of the Met Office, I saw an article in my landlady's Daily Mail trumpeting that Met Office scientists were predicting that we were entering a new 'Little Ice Age' with the Thames likely to freeze over and East Greenland ice possibly extending to Scotland. As I read the nonsense that this article contained, I got more and more angry, especially as I knew the scientists involved and regarded the comments attributed to them as being utterly ridiculous.

When I got to work that morning, I refrained from phoning them to say what I thought about what they'd said until I'd calmed down a bit more. As it happened, one of them rang me first and asked if I'd seen the rag and to say that not one of the quotes in the article bore any resemblance to what he or his colleague had actually said. As evidence that this sort of thing happens, another acquaintance told me a few years of how he'd asked to record an interview with a newspaper reporter as he'd been badly misquoted on a previous occasion. They agreed but when he saw the article, they'd completely misquoted him again. They agreed to talk with him about his complaint but as the quotes were compared with the tape recording, they said 'well, you said that word then and the next word you said then . . .' To slightly misquote Eric Morecambe, their defence was that they'd 'used all the right words but not necessarily in the right order'.
Produced Arctic Ice charts for the Met Office Ice Unit from 1965 to early 1973. For the rest of my 42-year career I was a weather observer, forecaster, and computer programmer.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 04, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
Almost fifty years ago when I was working in the Ice Unit of the Met Office, I saw an article in my landlady's Daily Mail trumpeting that Met Office scientists were predicting that we were entering a new 'Little Ice Age'.

Plus ça change Graham? Are you by any chance currently resident in the Exeter area? If not perhaps I might be able to persuade you to pass this message on to your local M(E)Ps?

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/status/827823720609746944

I've already done Ben Bradshaw and Molly Scott Cato, but Parliament(s) are big places!

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2017, 06:37:19 PM »
Jim
You may have a new friend in your ongoing battle against The Mail.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-07/melania-trump-says-article-deprived-her-of-a-chance-to-cash-in

The enemy of your enemy may NOT be your friend.

Terry

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2017, 07:11:02 PM »

ROFL - She'll just have to join the queue! I'd like to think I've already got Geordie Greig by his dangly bits. I don't intend to let go even for the fragrant FLOTUS.

Ice Shieldz

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 59
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »
The disastrous changes now culminating in the arctic and by extension earth's climate writ large, are causing big name republicans to update their narrative from, no such thing as global warming to:
“Mounting evidence of climate change is growing too strong to ignore,” the group writes, but it still hedges by adding, “the extent to which climate change is due to man-made causes can be questioned.”

How mind-blowing it is that these men are now being cast as the moderates, who are actually putting forth a watered-down carbon tax!!?? 
http://grist.org/briefly/big-name-republicans-are-taking-a-carbon-tax-plan-to-the-white-house/

It's clear that oil interests are setting this stage of faux debate and dissonance, so they can fully pump up their carbon bubble prior to its final implosion. Unfortunately our Holocene climate implodes along with it.

Phil.

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 76
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2017, 12:57:06 PM »

ROFL - She'll just have to join the queue! I'd like to think I've already got Geordie Greig by his dangly bits. I don't intend to let go even for the fragrant FLOTUS.

Apparently Wikipedia has dropped the Mail as a 'reliable source' and is in the process of editing a number of pages to reflect that.  Nothing to do with climate!
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

"The editors described the arguments for a ban as “centred on the Daily Mail’s reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication”."

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2017, 12:20:51 AM »
Only slightly off topic, my very good friend Alice F. has just been  "outed" by Anthony Watts in his time honoured, inimitable manner. Read all about it at:

https://archive.is/QF05J#selection-13147.0-13147.6

I don't think Anthony is a big fan of surrealist humour  :'(

See also: https://twitter.com/AF_Wetware/status/846485474969604096

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
My Twitter "conversation" with Anthony Watts is coming along nicely. My contact details are well and truly plastered all over cyberspace.

Meanwhile Watts and his band of merry mods have trampled this plaintive message underfoot on their cutting room floor:

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #375 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »
Jim
You are braver than I to wade about in that alligator infested cesspool.
It is important, as I for one had no idea who was being honest when I first recognized that something was amiss with my local weather. I floundered about for a week or so before coming to the conclusion that Tony and his ilk were nothing but snake oil salesmen.
I haven't been back to his site for years now, perhaps ashamed that I had been taken in for even a short time by such obvious, now, BS.
The signals that outed Tony were, as I recall, his acceptance of conflicting stories, as long as they reached the conclusion he was pushing. His use of ad-hominem attacks, rather than attacking the data or conclusion, and the uncritical fans that peopled his realm.
Someone needs to call him out, and I'm grateful that you picked up the gauntlet!

Terry

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 28, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
You are very kind Terry, and the pleasure's all mine. Really! The ad homs are, on average, far worse at "Steve Goddard's".

However, please feel free to read all about some recent undeleted expletives at WUWT:

"Shock News! Alice F. Convicted in WUWT Show Trial!!"

Herfried

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #377 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »
Watts unbelievably weird theses is... now so strange, its just funny. There is always the risk, some people fall for that crap, but all in all its just a funny comedy site, like being a sarcastic portrait of a model denier. A good comedian couldn't do better.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 28, 2017, 10:17:49 PM »
Herfried - Laughable indeed.

The only problem is it seems that in this day and age the lunatics are in charge of the asylum:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/03/that-deaf-dumb-and-blind-kid-sure-plays-a-mean-climateball/#comment-220045

Bannon peddles that crap, and Trump falls for it?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »
Correlation doesn't equal causation of course, but for some strange reason Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts is censoring my comments on Facebook:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/03/censorship-down-under-by-senator-malcolm-roberts/

Don't "One Nation" advocate "free speech"?

There's a prime prize of a packet of peanuts for the first person to spot one or more of my comments in the wild on Facebook!

mmghosh

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2017, 04:01:14 AM »

wallen

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 52
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2017, 05:47:45 AM »
Jim, I wouldn't even waste your breath with Malcom Roberts. Trump is sane and reasonably minded , in comparison to this twerp.
He and his idiot ilk in Pauline Hanson and One Nation are our problem to deal with here in Australia. I all honesty, I think the best way to get rid of these fools, is to not waste your breath on them. They will fade away.

DavidR

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #382 on: March 30, 2017, 06:59:07 AM »
Correlation doesn't equal causation of course, but for some strange reason Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts is censoring my comments on Facebook:

Don't "One Nation" advocate "free speech"?
In a word NO.  They are also only interested in the facts that suit their agenda.  According to  Senator Roberts there is no empirical evidence for climate change. Roberts has spent the last seven or eight years working as the project manager of the Galileo Movement — a climate science denial group launched in 2011.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 30, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
Jim, what's going on in the Arctic data scrubbing story?

As Victoria says, since TrumpLand came into being all sorts of climate data are being "disappeared" from US government web sites. There are assorted ongoing efforts to try and archive it before it's too late:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/climate-change-data-rescue-berkeley-donald-trump-nasa-department-energy-environment-a7580481.html

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 30, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
Jim, I wouldn't even waste your breath with Malcom Roberts.

I understand your point of view, but nonetheless I do like to archive the deeds and spread the word about the lunatics increasingly in charge of assorted asylums around the planet. Sometimes other words come boomeranging back:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/03/censorship-down-under-by-senator-malcolm-roberts/#Mar-30

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #385 on: March 30, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »
Jim, what's going on in the Arctic data scrubbing story?

http://scienceblogs.com/stoat/2017/03/28/i-am-an-arctic-researcher-donald-trump-is-deleting-my-citations/

do you mean citations, or data? Because they aren’t the same thing. Those even more alert will wonder “did you even mean citations, or just hyperlinks?”
But this – as all but the most hyperventilating know – is simply the new administration *cough* refreshing *cough* the whitehouse.gov website. And as we all know – for example, http://www.thearcticinstitute.org/us-national-strategy-for-arctic-region/ does – you simply need to update your link to https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/nat_arctic_strategy.pdf. Victoria Herrmann might not know this – she is, after all, just a naive managing director. But the Graun ought to know better; we’re back to memory-of-a-goldfish type stuff.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
Roberts has spent the last seven or eight years working as the project manager of the Galileo Movement — a climate science denial group launched in 2011.

Which no doubt explains why he feels it's a terribly cunning plan to delete my comments to the effect that:

Tony Heller is a proven purveyor of porky pies covered in lashings of cherry sauce:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/03/that-deaf-dumb-and-blind-kid-sure-plays-a-mean-climateball/

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
I don't usually bother these days, but a reader wrote to me re MASIE.

Who'd have thunk it, but just a few days later Javier@WUWT is misusing MASIE extent data yet again. By way of illustration for the aforementioned reader, how long do you suppose it will take Mod@WUWT to approve the following helpful comment of mine?

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/08/facts-about-the-arctic-in-august-2017/#comment-222732

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
A new day has dawned, but my helpful hint to the WUWTers remains invisible. However during my vain search I did stumble across this little gem from Valaker:

We Norwegians have been doing a lot of stuff in the Arctic for several hundred years and any story that the Artic sea ice was the highest in 1979 for the past century is simply laughable. It was a bit higher in the mid seventies. But the big picture is a all over decline with the usual up and downs. I guess Your story is plausible when told in Huntsville Alabama, tell the same story to an old sealhunter in Tromsø, Norway, and You will experience what a Hakapik is.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »
Shock News!

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2017/08/facts-about-the-arctic-in-august-2017/#comment-223074

The “moderator” at WUWT has finally released my helpful comment from purgatory!!

Something has been lost in translation though :(

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »
"Snow White's" continuing campaign to put the Arctic sea ice record straight has been "liked" by Victor Venema:

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/status/1076207543616225281

To celebrate this momentous occasion and to welcome in the New Year here's my alter ego and I in festive mood:

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »
Jim, did you leave the kids anything to play with?  ;) ;D

All the best for 2019 to you and yours, from me and mine.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2019, 03:53:56 PM »
Thanks Neven!

A happy (and prosperous?) 2019 to you, your family and your extended family at the ASIF & ASIB.

Some more "kids" at festive play:

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2019, 04:00:51 PM »
A happy (and prosperous?) 2019 to.... your extended family at the ASIB.

P.S. The ASIB login problem seems to have reared its ugly head once again? Whatever I try I can't login to post my festive greetings.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
David Rose and the Fail on Sunday have been remarkably quiet on the Arctic sea ice front recently. Probably preoccupied by Brexit? However that's not the case in other quarters of the denialosphere.

That being the case, yesterday I decided to indulge in a little All Fools Day fun by imparting the latest Arctic "Shock News!!!" over at Tony Heller's "Deplorable Climate Science Blog":

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2019/04/facts-about-the-arctic-in-april-2019/#unReal

No sooner had I done so than the swift retort came back:

The satellite record is actually 47 years old and the data that is ignored from the first 7 years is inconvenient, so is not acknowledge (sic) by alarmists. 2019 so far has been higher than that from 1974.

Let's see about that!

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »
"Snow White" stumbled across a follower of Steve/Tony on Twitter earlier. It seems one JW Spry doesn't much care for inconvenient Arctic truths either:

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/status/1113168650507354119

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 06, 2019, 01:31:25 PM »
I'm now under moderation at Steve/Tony's unReal Science blog. None of my comments have disappeared as yet, but they do take a while to appear.

Meanwhile even his carefully cherry picked DMI extent metric is showing unmistakeable signs of being "lowest for the date in the satellite record":

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2019/04/facts-about-the-arctic-in-april-2019/#comment-276603

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 29, 2019, 05:36:55 PM »
Regular ASIF readers may recall that many moons ago I was "outed" and then "banned" by a certain Anthony Watts?

Here's the latest update on that tale of woe:

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/status/1133643627895382018

A tweet from my Arctic alter ego to ex Prof. Judith Curry, purveyor of porky pies to the US Congress (PPPUS for short).

Needless to say my polite and pertinent comment is still invisible to the denizens over at WUWT

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 29, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
A tweet from my Arctic alter ego to ex Prof. Judith Curry

I wandered over to Judy's place, whereupon I happened upon a reference to Judah Cohen's prognosis regarding high pressure in the Arctic. I sadly failed to resist temptation so please see the outcome, archived for posterity:

http://archive.is/wMcDS#selection-6107.0-6115.2

Where's the LOL smiley on here?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2019, 12:47:52 AM »
It's bedtime (UTC), and there's still no sign of my comment seeing the light of day at WUWT,
and "no comment" on the matter from Judy either.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Night, night from misty SW England.