Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Elections 2020 USA  (Read 11719 times)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Elections 2020 USA
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2020, 08:38:38 AM »
I was at a VFW tonite, shooting pool with some vet friends, some active military. Some with missing limbs, some with more hidden hurts.

To a man, they condemned the Soleimani assasination. Trump has lost their support. I think he may have just lost the election.

We shall see.

sidd

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
  • Fans of Hans Club - circa 2018
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 873
  • Likes Given: 1222
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
Now is the time to change this. Now we have a chance. #SandersForPresident

The apocalypse is already here; it's just not very evenly distributed.

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2020, 09:01:04 AM »
I think he may have just lost the election.

I think so too!

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 654
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2020, 12:52:45 PM »
^^
11 months is an eternity in the final run up to a Presidential election.

I hope you're right, but if things don't spin out of control militarily in the coming months I think that the perceived state of the economy will make or break Trump's chances for a second term.

I can't see Iran making any serious moves without Putin and Xi's backing. Xi's chosen battlefield is the marketplace & I think Putin will be quite happy with the status quo once Nord Stream 2 and the Turkish pipelines to Europe are completed.

Recalling James Carville's advice from the 1992 race, "It's the economy, stupid"
Terry

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2020, 06:02:54 AM »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2020, 06:03:32 AM »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 760
  • Likes Given: 488
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2020, 11:05:32 PM »
To a man, they condemned the Soleimani assasination. Trump has lost their support. I think he may have just lost the election.

So, which Democrats are pounding this, and which ones are demanding a 'rationale'?
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2020, 12:39:44 AM »
Re:  which Democrats are pounding this, and which ones are demanding a 'rationale'?

the usual suspects ... Bide/Butt are warmongers as usual, Sanders/Gabbard stick to antiwar guns, Warren on the fence ...

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 654
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2020, 05:03:04 PM »
Re:  which Democrats are pounding this, and which ones are demanding a 'rationale'?

the usual suspects ... Bide/Butt are warmongers as usual, Sanders/Gabbard stick to antiwar guns, Warren on the fence ...

sidd
I want one!
Are they available without a background check? 8)
Terry

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »
Warren on the fence

No, she's not! She's all there with the war propaganda.

Soleimani was a murderer, responsible for the deaths of thousands, including hundreds of Americans. But this reckless move escalates the situation with Iran and increases the likelihood of more deaths and new Middle East conflict. Our priority must be to avoid another costly war.

Translates to: Yes, there is a reason to assassinate him (which there is not), but we should have done it covertly. The last sentence is a lie to pander to the voters. How do i know it's a lie? She voted for Trumps over-bloated military budget. Also, her plan to cut CO2 was to make the bombs greener, remember that one? She loves the military-industrial complex. She can't be trusted!

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2020, 10:26:48 PM »
Trump has fucked up, even Tucker Carlson says it, but will (Corporate) Democrats pound on it?

Kulinski at the end:

Alright, Democrats, it's your move. I would resist this to the high heavens, man. I would... This would be the main issue I would talk about on the campaign trail if I was running for president. And if I was in Congress, I would just clobber the Republicans over the head with this. Because this is exactly what you fear it is: A criminal government, casually committing war crimes, because they want to get into a deeper war with Iran and overthrow the government and do regime change, because we want to serve our corporations and jack their oil, and feed the military-industrial complex.

True Democrats/Progressives pound on this immediately, Corporate Democrats will wait and see which way the wind blows. They'd rather not denounce anything and promise they won't start and continue endless wars, because of the bolded above. They serve concentrated wealth, just like Republicans.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:35:57 PM by Neven »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2020, 10:40:45 PM »
Here is someone pounding it right away:

https://youtu.be/Ahv4nYd6fLI?t=328

This is how you get Trump out of office. Russiagate and Ukrainegate will keep him in it.

Who else has been pounding it right away?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:52:46 PM by Neven »

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2020, 11:03:11 AM »
Be more like that guy >>

I canvassed first Bernie today. Only one person...

... said they weren’t voting Sanders. Every other person we talked to said they were voting for Sanders!!! We were only out for a couple hours and I’d say we actually talked to like 15 people or so but I was just blown away by the level of support and positivity. This was the first time I’ve ever canvassed and I was so nervous but after just a couple houses I was having a blast! At our final visit, the man who was home invited us in because he said we HAD to talk to his girlfriend. He gave us beers while we waited for her to get home from work and had fantastic conversation with him and his family. We learned so much about our community and made valuable connections for the Bernie movement and beyond. Get out there people, it’s up to us!

Link >> https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMajorityReport/comments/eqs4fz/i_canvassed_first_bernie_today_only_one_person/

The Walrus

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
Sanders has been gaining recently, largely at the expense of Elizabeth Warren.  He will likely do well in the early states of Iowa and NH, but his support is not as widespread as Joe Biden.  Biden has a huge lead in the southern states, and could win the nomination outright.  Sanders best chance is for several liberal candidates to drop out (including Warren), and support his candidacy.  After her recent drop in the polls, she may just do so, in order for a liberal candidate to have a chance.  Even so, Sanders has an uphill battle.  Even if Biden cannot secure the nomination during the primary season, he has the advantage in a brokered convention.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
Hamby at Vanity Fair has a suggestion for the political media: get outta the coasts, get on the road

"the stories and micro-scandals that obsess political and media insiders—often played out in episodic fashion on Twitter—matter little to voters "

“They don’t trust CNN or Fox, see them as two sides of the same coin,”

"They don’t even trust what they read on Facebook anymore"

“Because for the people who are the most easily dissuaded from participation, it’s when you promise them the moon and can‘t deliver a single grain of sand.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

sidd

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
How it feels arguing for Bernie

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump in 16 seconds