Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Russell Brand- who would have known?  (Read 4445 times)

JimD

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Russell Brand- who would have known?
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:44:47 PM »
Yes, that Russell Brand.  One of the best and longest rants I have ever read.

Kinda of long but well worth the read for some great verbiage and humor.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/10/russell-brand-on-revolution
We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. Alexander Solzhenitsyn

How is it conceivable that all our technological progress - our very civilization - is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal? Albert Einstein

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1339
  • Likes Given: 618
Re: Russell Brand- who would have known?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
Starts off great, but loses the plot towards the end. Very funny, though.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 898
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

JimD

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
Jim

I saw that.  He is a very good off the cuff speaker.  What I found surprising was that the Progressive media beat him up about that interview.

He made some joke in the beginning about he accepted the editing job because a beautiful women asked him and he was so distracted he said yes (I thought it was funny because the same thing would happen to most of us guys).  He automatically became a woman hating sexist to them.  Sigh.

I sent his stuff to my anarchist relatives and they are all familiar with his wirings/rants and pretty much agree with all he said.  They tell me I am a closet anarchist and just have not come to accept it yet  ;D
We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. Alexander Solzhenitsyn

How is it conceivable that all our technological progress - our very civilization - is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal? Albert Einstein

johnm33

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:18:07 AM »
Brand is a bit old but it's conceivable that his audience could crowd source prospects and funds for democratic election

JimD

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »
Brand is a bit old but it's conceivable that his audience could crowd source prospects and funds for democratic election

LOL.  He could easily be one of my kids.  Reminds me of the 60's when our activists said not to trust anyone over 30.

JimD

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
For anyone who doubts that Russel Brand is not one of the smartest men in the room.  LOL

The New World Order

btw I want a copy of that poster.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=12919