Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Climate Mobilization  (Read 2412 times)

MOwens

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Climate Mobilization
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:51:45 AM »
The Climate Mobilization Project and Pledge
from Margaret Klein:

“How can I most effectively fight climate change?”

This is the question that we must now ask ourselves. We are responsible for fighting climate change, not because of our paltry individual carbon emissions, but because we are alive during an unprecedented moment. The greatest catastrophe in history is unfolding on our watch. We can either be bystanders and passive victims, letting climate change happen to us and watching as it horrifically reveals itself, or we can be active agents in fighting for what we hold dear. We can use our skills, talents, relationships, and resources to fight climate change with everything that we possess...

The rest of this article is at Fairfax Climate Watch:

http://www.fairfaxclimatewatch.com/blog/2014/05/taking-responsibility-for-climate-change-the-call-to-mobilize.html

Please share, like, plus, visit the project page, and sign up.

ccgwebmaster

• Nilas ice
  • Civilisation collapse - what are you doing?
    • View Profile
    • CCG Website
  • Liked: 2
Re: Climate Mobilization
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:07:54 AM »
Just as a note - it seems American focused, ie inviting Americans to be put to work - maybe not so much point for non Americans if it's nationally focused?

MOwens

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:29:26 AM »
are you volunteering to lead the overseas effort  ;)

...I know that Margaret has been focused on the US just because of familiarity, but  my impression was that she wants the campaign to be international.

ccgwebmaster

• Nilas ice
  • Civilisation collapse - what are you doing?
    • View Profile
    • CCG Website
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:06:37 AM »
are you volunteering to lead the overseas effort  ;)

...I know that Margaret has been focused on the US just because of familiarity, but  my impression was that she wants the campaign to be international.

Alas not, I have far too much on my plate with what I'm already doing unfortunately. Just wanted to add the note that it was US-centric for the benefit of the rest of us (of course it would be a good idea if anyone wanted to try to replicate it elsewhere, in principle at least - my main criticism of it at a glance is that it's a little unfocussed, ie it's one thing to pledge to X, Y, Z and quite another to do anything).