Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Places becoming more livable  (Read 8280 times)

Shared Humanity

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Places becoming more livable
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2020, 07:47:56 PM »
I believe that Co2 emissions will be cut drastically by 2050 (50-80% from today's levels) and eliminated by 2100.

I believe in unicorns and sparkle ponies.

In my opinion, there is actually no evidence of this being likely to occur.

SH, El Cid talked about emissions, and I believe he is correct in that statement.
 Your graph of CO2 ppm in the atm. shows the state variable, whereas emissions are the flow.

Yes. I understand. I simply have less confidence in the accuracy of global emissions data as I do not know how it is calculated. I have far more confidence in a single measure, using a fixed technique.

Do you have a go to site for the global emissions metric?

El Cid

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 567
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »
I simply have less confidence in the accuracy of global emissions data as I do not know how it is calculated. I have far more confidence in a single measure, using a fixed technique.

Still Co2 levels show stock, emissions show flow. The change in Co2 levels shows something closer to the annual emission numbers (although likely with a lag). Besides, I was talking about the future path of emissions.

Shared Humanity

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2020, 09:33:48 PM »
I simply have less confidence in the accuracy of global emissions data as I do not know how it is calculated. I have far more confidence in a single measure, using a fixed technique.

Still Co2 levels show stock, emissions show flow. The change in Co2 levels shows something closer to the annual emission numbers (although likely with a lag). Besides, I was talking about the future path of emissions.

Where do you draw your emissions data?