Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: moderation  (Read 3317 times)

mark

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
moderation
« on: October 19, 2014, 12:47:46 AM »
As a newbie I completely understand the need to check up on new members and the way they post. However if I am to engage with a thread then it would be reasonable to expect to be read within a few hours. In my case I posted on the 'latest PIOMAS update' thread and my post was immediately sent for moderation, 30+ hours later it was still marked as awaiting moderation. As there were perhaps 10 or more posts appearing after my comment I no longer wanted my comment read as the conversation had well and truly moved on so I removed it.

I have written posts to the blog site but thought my questions were more appropriate on the forum, but I am getting increasingly frustrated by this moderation delay. How long does this continue for as it appears my efforts are a waste of everyones time!!

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1336
  • Likes Given: 618
Re: moderation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:03:46 AM »
Mark, I apologize for not releasing your comments sooner. Because of problems with spam, we've had to make it more difficult for spambots to open threads and post comments. One of those measures entails the withholding of the first 3 comments any new poster makes (because somehow those spambots still manage to open accounts). Once the third comment is released, the commenters is free to post and his/her comments show up immediately.

Unfortunately, things can go wrong in popular threads, and I'm not home to immediately release the comments.  Again, sorry for that. You should be able to comment unimpeded from now on.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
Hi Mark,

Being Moderator #2, I also apologize. We receive an email when a post awaits, and somehow I didn't checked your post.

Have a nice stay on the Forum!

Fred
This forum helps me to feel less uncomfortable about "doing something" about the melting Arctic and the warming world.

mark

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
Thanks guys