Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Arctic Image of the Day  (Read 382164 times)

gerontocrat

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
Re: Arctic Image of the Day
« Reply #1100 on: February 09, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »
I may have missed something - but "half an hour after" what? And where?
perhaps Pmt111500 thinks that lots of people knowing where he lives is not a good idea?
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"

Pmt111500

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 09, 2018, 01:08:33 PM »
perhaps Pmt111500 thinks that lots of people knowing where he lives is not a good idea?

I've not exactly hidden it very well, but anyway, not very much advertising it on the net. I've once been a victim to an illegal hack, so it's possible many details are public anyway. Getting too old and crippled to care much about assholes, be it individuals or organizations.
A quantity relates to a quantum like camel's back relates to camel's _______ ? (back, vertebra, vertebral tendon, spinal disc, paralysis)

binntho

• ASIF Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 09, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Fair enough - and normally I wouldn't have asked, if it wasn't for the implication that the picture was taken after an event that the reader should be aware of?

But of course it doesn't matter at all - the picture is good and it's refreshing to see proper ice and snow every now and then, here in Sicily it's raining and "cold", only 12 degrees!

magnamentis

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
    • Philosophy Ethics Numerology Mikrocirkulation Vaskular Therapie Gesundheit Blut Gesundheit Schmerzen Multiple Sklerose Diabetes Immunsystem Fibromyalgia Modular Mobile Computing iOS Software OSX Android Custom Rom Rooted
« Reply #1103 on: February 09, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
Fair enough - and normally I wouldn't have asked, if it wasn't for the implication that the picture was taken after an event that the reader should be aware of?

But of course it doesn't matter at all - the picture is good and it's refreshing to see proper ice and snow every now and then, here in Sicily it's raining and "cold", only 12 degrees!

yeah, matter of factly it looks very much the same like when i was looking out the windown from my cottage in nova scotia once upon a time when i lived there and very much similar like many lakes across canada and te US whle crossing them with skidoos many many years ago ;) so it could be in many places within a certain range of latitued across the north american continent.

always have to be carful not to show too much while sharing images or videos, not a good idea as it was mentioned

closest guess would be somewhere south to the south west of the great lakes, ohio, missouri etc. for one but that's just gaming for the fun of it LOL because there are places in manitoba and ontario looking very much similar like in the "Kenora" Region, thousands of corners like that up there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:55:01 PM by magnamentis »
http://magnamentis.com
Knowledge, Understanding & Insight Are Among The Best Sources For Personal Freedom & Vitality !

numerobis

• ASIF Middle Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 09, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
Half an hour after sunrise, and towards the sunrise.

I can't tell you where -- the image was taken on an LG phone but it has no GPS information.