Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1474127 times)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #2850 on: September 26, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
Trump's attack on kneeling is an attack on civil rights:

Title: "Another Famous Activist Also Took a Knee, 50 Years Before Kaepernick—and He Too Was Called ‘Disruptive’ and an ‘Agitator’"

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/criticism-colin-kaepernick-similar-martin-luther-king-jr

Extract: "Martin Luther King Jr. knelt to protest the treatment of African Americans several times throughout the 1960s."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2851 on: September 27, 2017, 06:35:09 PM »
Bad news good news:

Bad News:
Several college coaches are under investigation by the FBI for financial irregularities including Rick Pitino at Louisville.....one of the most crooked basketball programs in the US.

Good News:
There are still hundreds of job openings in the Trump administration that need to be filled...and Donnie is looking for people that lie, take bribes, and will have no idea what they are doing in government.
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: September 28, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
In the coming days and weeks look for the Trump tax plan to be torn apart limb by limb.  It is a HUGE tax break for the wealthy.  I would expect to see MANY REAL examples as to how it will effect taxpayers.

This tax plan is meant to passify the wealthy Koch Brothers and other "donor class".  This is NOT a middle class tax plan.  It is just one more shameful LIE by Donnie and Company.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: September 28, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
Trumps approve/disapprove ratings are now 36/59 per Gallup today.  This is only 2 better than his all time lows of 34/61.  It is only a matter of time before he sets new lows.

He truly is a piece of shit.  I really had no idea that someone could be worse than Dick Cheney.  I stand corrected.  Perhaps he is trying to be worse than Bernie Madoff...I definitely think he has a shot at it.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #2854 on: September 29, 2017, 08:49:04 AM »
Why is it a good idea to give billionaires massive tax breaks, while at the same time cutting programs for low-income senior citizens, children, and pregnant women? Mr. Mnuchin gave me his answer. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/senatorsanders/videos/10156361851797908/
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 29, 2017, 04:38:40 PM »
Seven or eight months ago I explained what the "roach theory" is, and why I expected RussiaGate to be multiple times worse than Watergate.

Eight months later.....we have had two very good examples of the "roach theory" in practice.  The roach theory says that when you see two or three roaches.....there are likely many more "behind the walls" waiting to come out.

We have seen this with RussiaGate as a continuous line of Trumps administration has lied.....and the list of lying never seems to end.  When one or two have finally fessed up to something......there are always more of them coming out of the walls.

We now see the same thing happening with "travel gate".  First it was Menuchin.....then it was Tom Price......then it was Zinke......  There will be others FOR SURE.  And it isn't surprising.  You have SCROTUS who has spent TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars on personal travel and golf.  His administration is only following HIS LEAD.

What lead DOTARD Donnie does.....his lemmings in the administration will be sure to emulate.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 29, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »
Now that Donnie has "taken care of" (as they say in the RUSSIAN mob) Tom Price.....if he can now take care of that idiot that has spent TEN'S OF MILLIONS of dollars on going to golf ⛳️ at Mara Lago and Bedminister.....  When he fires THAT GUY.....then I'll give Donnie some points. 🏀

PS. Did Tom Price STILL write a $52,000 check to the US Treasurey?  Inquiring minds want to know.😳

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:07:39 PM by Buddy »

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 30, 2017, 05:06:01 AM »
Price owes the US tax payers a lot more than that $52k.

The overseas trips bring the total cost to taxpayers of Price’s travels to more than $1 million since May.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/09/29/daily-202-putting-tom-price-s-charter-flights-in-perspective/59cd5e8f30fb0468cea81c73/?utm_term=.7e5f25991e21
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 30, 2017, 02:48:56 PM »
Rachael Maddow had a segment on her show Friday night, comparing the Loss of senior staff positions in the Obama administration to the Trump administration over the first 252 days.

Donnie won that contest.  Donnie has fired (forced to resign) 19 so far...vs Obama's 5.

I guess that is what a "well oiled machine" like Trump does:  Fire people.  And there are likely many more to come.  Kelly is certainly moving closer to the end of the plank that he will jump off at some point.  I can't ever imagine working for someone as arrogant and stupid as Donnie.  I could stand arrogance for a while IF he/she was REALLY good (example:  Steve Jobs).  But you learn NOTHING when you work for someone who is arrogant AND stupid (not to mention sociopathic, lazy, poor communicator, gross, sexist, bigoted, etc).

But at least he isn't Hillary.😂

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 30, 2017, 03:08:19 PM »
Donnie now has some sand bags around his neck weighing him down: Scott Pruitt and Jared Kushner just to name two of the biggest.  But that's what happens when you have an idiot like Donnie:  He also hires a lot of idiots to work for him.

I would expect pressure from outside forces to continue to ramp up on Scotty.  The laws of physics aren't being repealed....AND.....Scottys overinflated ego is likely to get him in trouble over the coming months.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2860 on: October 01, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »
Thanks sidd.
The first sentence says it all :

The pressures of the presidency have pushed Trump to the edge, but is he crazy enough to be removed from office?

Wouldn't it be nice if ... ?

If Trump ever faced any criminal charge whatsoever, his mental capacity could be investigated, either on request by the Attorney General or of the court's own motion.  Now, I don't see the AG claiming that the guy who gave him his job is as mad as a brain-damaged banana, but ...

Source: Cornell Law School

One of many relevant laws -

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part III › Chapter 313 › § 4241

18 U.S. Code § 4241 - Determination of mental competency to stand trial to undergo postrelease proceedings [1]

(a) Motion To Determine Competency of Defendant.—
At any time after the commencement of a prosecution for an offense and prior to the sentencing of the defendant, or at any time after the commencement of probation or supervised release and prior to the completion of the sentence, the defendant or the attorney for the Government may file a motion for a hearing to determine the mental competency of the defendant. The court shall grant the motion, or shall order such a hearing on its own motion, if there is reasonable cause to believe that the defendant may presently be suffering from a mental disease or defect rendering him mentally incompetent to the extent that he is unable to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him or to assist properly in his defense.

(b) Psychiatric or Psychological Examination and Report.—
Prior to the date of the hearing, the court may order that a psychiatric or psychological examination of the defendant be conducted, and that a psychiatric or psychological report be filed with the court, pursuant to the provisions of section 4247(b) and (c).

(c)Hearing.—
The hearing shall be conducted pursuant to the provisions of section 4247(d).

(d) Determination and Disposition.—If, after the hearing, the court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant is presently suffering from a mental disease or defect rendering him mentally incompetent to the extent that he is unable to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him or to assist properly in his defense, the court shall commit the defendant to the custody of the Attorney General. The Attorney General shall hospitalize the defendant for treatment in a suitable facility—

(1) for such a reasonable period of time, not to exceed four months, as is necessary to determine whether there is a substantial probability that in the foreseeable future he will attain the capacity to permit the proceedings to go forward; and

(2) for an additional reasonable period of time until—

(A) his mental condition is so improved that trial may proceed, if the court finds that there is a substantial probability that within such additional period of time he will attain the capacity to permit the proceedings to go forward; or

(B) the pending charges against him are disposed of according to law;
whichever is earlier.
If, at the end of the time period specified, it is determined that the defendant’s mental condition has not so improved as to permit the proceedings to go forward, the defendant is subject to the provisions of sections 4246 and 4248.

(e) Discharge.—
When the director of the facility in which a defendant is hospitalized pursuant to subsection (d) determines that the defendant has recovered to such an extent that he is able to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him and to assist properly in his defense, he shall promptly file a certificate to that effect with the clerk of the court that ordered the commitment. The clerk shall send a copy of the certificate to the defendant’s counsel and to the attorney for the Government. The court shall hold a hearing, conducted pursuant to the provisions of section 4247(d), to determine the competency of the defendant. If, after the hearing, the court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant has recovered to such an extent that he is able to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him and to assist properly in his defense, the court shall order his immediate discharge from the facility in which he is hospitalized and shall set the date for trial or other proceedings. Upon discharge, the defendant is subject to the provisions of chapters 207 and 227.

(f) Admissibility of Finding of Competency.—
A finding by the court that the defendant is mentally competent to stand trial shall not prejudice the defendant in raising the issue of his insanity as a defense to the offense charged, and shall not be admissible as evidence in a trial for the offense charged.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 855; Pub. L. 98–473, title II, § 403(a), Oct. 12, 1984, 98 Stat. 2057; Pub. L. 109–248, title III, § 302(2), July 27, 2006, 120 Stat. 619.)

[1] So in original. Probably should be “stand trial or to undergo postrelease proceedings”.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: October 01, 2017, 06:36:42 AM »
Rachael Maddow had a segment on her show Friday night, comparing the Loss of senior staff positions in the Obama administration to the Trump administration over the first 252 days.

Yes. I think that was this segment :

And they just keep on coming (Tom Price was the latest).

CNN had this about Price's resignation :
"Tom Price broke Trump's cardinal rule: Never get bad headlines for the boss"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/29/politics/tom-price-donald-trump-fired/index.html
But CNN is fake news, of course ;o)
Let's not waste either.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2862 on: October 01, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »
Loads of commenters on YourTub don't understand the word 'trending'.

Are they the same people who deny climate change?  Are they all Trump supporters?

Very funny trending SNL video, in which Alec Baldwin tells it like it is -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=342&v=7e4vFMJmBIc

:-)   I don't do twitter.  Anyone care to start a new hashtag -  #AB4POTUS ?

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2863 on: October 01, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »
Oct. 1 2017 -- Hurricane Maria is Trump's Katrina,
in the sense of incompetence & reality detachment trumping GWB, New Orleans 2005.
"All buildings now inspected...for safety," he tweeted.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353295-trump-people-are-starting-to-realize-amazing-work-being-done-in

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #2864 on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:52 PM »
. . . .                                                 
 Kelly is certainly moving closer to the end of the plank that he will jump off at some point.  I can't ever imagine working for someone as arrogant and stupid as Donnie.  I could stand arrogance for a while IF he/she was REALLY good (example:  Steve Jobs).    . . .

It's just a hunch, but I suspect Kelly will stay put for the good of the country.  He's been more effective at reining in Trump's madness than anyone else I'm aware of. "More effective"doesn't mean actually effective, it just means he's better at inhibiting the wort craziness.  Trump is incapable of learning or insight. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly convenes the Cabinet members and presses them to suspend Trump.

Kelly is certainly doing his own image and reputation no good by staying.  But he had to be aware of that when he took the job.  I think he's making a big personal sacrifice for the good of the nation.

I hope he stays until the end of this nightmare administration.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #2865 on: October 01, 2017, 10:41:40 PM »
"wort craziness"

Good term for the Wort In Chief ::) ::)
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 02, 2017, 01:28:53 AM »
SteveMDFP

Regarding Kelly, I have no doubt that he took the change of position out of a sense of "duty" initially.  But that sense of duty is to country....not King Donnie.

He also took it reluctantly.....after Donnie twisted his arm.  We all don't know what Kelly knows about what went on during the election.....and what has gone on SINCE (does Kelly know that Donnie was involved with working with the Russians).  But I will be  VERY surprised AND disappointed if Kelly is still in Donnie's administration by the end of this coming February.

At some point I believe that Kelly will understand that he is serving as an "enabler" for someone who is dead set on doing some very bad things to the US democracy.  I think he will figure that out sooner than later.  At least I hope so.😳

Truly fascinating to watch from a historical perspective....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:54:43 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 02, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
Those who saw the award ceremony at the Presidents Cup yesterday.....saw and heard what I believe will be a growing chorus of voices against Donnie.  A person at the Cup presentation yelled out:  "You don't give a shit about the people of Puerto Rico."

As Donnie continues his charade....you can expect to see and hear more voices against him.  Not just regarding Puerto Rico......but just for continuing in office, and continuing to be a corrupt lying POS.

His latest lies are regarding his tax policy changes he wants.  It gives 80% of the benefits to the upper 1%.  Mnuchin and Cohen......Donnie's lead financial appointees are also taking leave of the truth...and helping to spread lies about the proposed policy.

As people continue to get more heated over healthcare, Puerto Rico, tax policy, gun control, etc... I think we can expect more and more voices to be raised.  Until he gets the hell out of Dodge....we can expect the level of outrage get ramped up.  If I were Donnie.....I would stay the hell away from Puerto Rico.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:32:09 PM by Buddy »

ChrisReynolds

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Dosbat
  • Liked: 20
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2868 on: October 02, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »
58 pages of comments....

For a no-mark, double-digit IQ, sociopath, Trump is generating rather a lot of attention.  ;D

I started to ignore the moron some time back. That has improved my blood pressure.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 02, 2017, 09:36:25 PM »
So Donnie & FOX love keeping the gun industry de-regulated.....and as long as that continues, events like a Sandy Hook and Las Vegas will continue to happen....likely with horrible outcomes.

FOX, the NRA, and most Republicans have a LOT of blood on their hands today.   FOX is on the wrong side of global warming, the wrong side of gun control, the wrong side of gay rights, and the wrong side of sociopathic Donnie.

How could FOX get it SOOOO wrong?

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2870 on: October 03, 2017, 09:30:22 AM »
So Donnie & FOX love keeping the gun industry de-regulated.....and as long as that continues, events like a Sandy Hook and Las Vegas will continue to happen....likely with horrible outcomes.

FOX, the NRA, and most Republicans have a LOT of blood on their hands today.   FOX is on the wrong side of global warming, the wrong side of gun control, the wrong side of gay rights, and the wrong side of sociopathic Donnie.

How could FOX get it SOOOO wrong?

Practice m' boy. Practice.
Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 04, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Trump throwing rolls of paper towel into a crowd in Puerto Rico, proclaiming "There is a lot of love in this room"

We elected a clown.
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 04, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »
"Moron Donnie" heading for his next meltdown.  In an article co written by Carol Lee of NBC News...apparently Rex called Donnie a moron. 😳

I thought everyone already knew that....but apparently Donnie did NOT get that memo.  I wonder if Donnie and Rex will be lunching together much over the next x days/weeks before Rex leaves?

Maybe Donnie will slide Nikki into Rex's position.  Will be interesting to see what happens with that coming vacancy.  If Nikki doesn't get that position....will that push her a step closer to the door?  What is Nikki Haley's next move going to be as she positions herself to run in 2020 or 2024?

And what will her moves be when shit really hits the fan...likely in the coming spring?

Donnie continues to make ALL prior US presidents look like mental giants AND policy experts (and yes...that includes little George😉).

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »
Remember eight months ago when the press was avoiding calling out Donnie as a liar?  Boy... those were the good old days.  Now the "L word" rolls off their tongues with ease.

But what will the "M word" being tossed around by one of his own cabinet members do to the conversation here in the US?

The Republicans are trying to keep their members from saying the nasty "impeach" word.  Apparently the leaders in the party are threatening its members from even uttering the "i" word.

So whatever you do......DONT SAY THAT WORD! 🙄

IMPEACH
IMPEACH
IMPEACH
IMPEACH

So don't say it....NEVER EVER EVER. 🤥

IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:46:42 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 04, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »
There is a great article in the New Yorker about the Trump Soho project...and how Ivanka and Donald Jr. avoided criminal charges for lying during the marketing of the Soho project.

It's a fascinating read from both a business perspective as well as a legal/political perspective.

1). It shows the lack of business acumen of Donnie Jr, Ivanka, and Moron Donnie.  Who in their right mind.....would build a condominium hotel...where the owners of the units can NOT occupy the unit for more than 120 days each year?

2).  It shows how.....with such ease.....that Ivanka, Donnie Jr, and Moron Donnie are all able to lie.  In order to try and "create" demand for the units....they said that 60% of the units were sold, when in fact only 16% of the units were sold.  And there are e mail tracks to prove it.

3).  Their willingness and ability to buy themselves out of trouble.

I'm afraid Moron Don and company are going to have a tougher time buying off Mr. Mueller.

By the way....Moron Dons Soho project ended up in foreclosure.  Probably the same place that all of the Trump properties will end up one day.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 04, 2017, 05:29:09 PM »
"Moron Donnie" heading for his next meltdown.  In an article co written by Carol Lee of NBC News...apparently Rex called Donnie a moron. 😳

I cannot help but to note that your fiends at Fox News report that Trump claims that this is 'Fake News':

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/04/trump-slams-nbc-as-disgrace-after-report-that-tillerson-called-trump-moron.html

Extract: "“NBC news is #FakeNews and more dishonest than even CNN. They are a disgrace to good reporting. No wonder their news ratings are way down!” Trump tweeted."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 04, 2017, 05:45:48 PM »
Moron Donnie.  THAT ONE is going to sting Donnie.  I'm just very disappointed in myself that I didn't think of it first!  It's so obvious....and so fitting.

And the word is.....he didn't just call him a moron....he called him a FUCKING MORON.😂

Thin skinned Sociopathic Donnie is NOT going to be happy.  AND.....this is a nickname that is going to be repeated MILLIONS OF TIMES.  Of course....I'm sure it won't be uttered on Saturday Night Live.😳

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Moron Don......yea, that's a keeper. 😀
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:03:41 PM by Buddy »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
« Reply #2877 on: October 04, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #2878 on: October 05, 2017, 05:48:12 AM »
Thanks for that link, sidd.

Buddy, maybe someone could make it into a song that could become a hit, perhaps:

"Don, Don, Don
Don, Don, Moron"

To the tune of "Barbara Ann" ?

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 05, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »
What is the next stage in Moron Don's administration?

1). Will Jared and Ivanka be pushed out...or pressured/shamed to resign?  After 8 months of doing nothing effective.....any facade of being intelligent/effective has been ripped off.  They are worrying about legally protecting themselves... and are just drawing more attention to the swamp that is Moron Dons administration.

2). When is Kelly going to leave?  And what will he say....if anything...after he leaves?

3). When will Tillerson leave?  And who will replace him?  Mitt Romney is still "lurking in the weeds" and he would likely take the position in order to "get back in the game" for 2020.  Or....does Donnie slide Nikki Haley into that spot?  Are we talking weeks or months?

I have no doubt that things are going to get crazier.  When you have such a dysfunctional team....with MANY weak, inexperienced people.....some crazy and/or bad things are bound to happen.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:58:31 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: October 05, 2017, 02:26:32 PM »
One last thing about Moron Don this morning.  He is in such a weakened position.....that he finds himself in a bind.  There have been so many people leave his administration in the first eight months....that losing another one or two cabinet members NOW would look overwhelming.

When Donnie was running his small company....his word WAS IT.  End of story.  And he didn't have to worry how it looked to others.  Now things are much different.  And now people are laughing at him....and politicians (like Bob Corker) are "peeling off" as Donnie slowly loses support.

So now Donnie is in a real bind.  If he fires or loses Tillerson and/or Kelly.....his administration looks that much more in disarray.  If he doesn't fire Tillerson....he looks weak....like Donnie is losing control (which....by the way....he is losing control).

Moron Don continues to get stripped of any illusion of him being someone who can handle the job.  And this will continue.....

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2881 on: October 05, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
Thanks for that link, sidd.

Buddy, maybe someone could make it into a song that could become a hit, perhaps:

"Don, Don, Don
Don, Don, Moron"

To the tune of "Barbara Ann" ?

Best I could do at such short notice :-    :)

Big Bad Don

Every day at the golf-course you could see him arrive
  He stood six-foot-two and weighed two-fifty-five
Kinda narrow at the shoulder and tiny of the hand
  And everybody knew ya couldn't understand big Don.

Big Don, big Don, Moron Don.

Nobody seemed to know why Moron Don ran
  He just drifted to the hustings as a little-known man
He didn't say much, he preferred to twitter
  And every day, he just grew more bitter, Big Don.

Some people said he stood for the likes of us
  And others said he'd throw us under the bus
But a load of crap from an alt-right press
 Let this raving mad moron get us into a mess, big Don.

Then the media gave their honest views
  But Big Don tweeted 'MAGA' and 'hoax' and 'fake news'
America was prayin' and hearts beat fast
 And everybody hoped they'd impeach at last, Big Don.

Through smoke and mirrors and Putin's help
  America elected a know-nothing whelp
Who never met the man in the street
  And all he knew was how to tweet, Big Don.

With writs and subpoenas they tracked him down
  To Mar-a-Lago, his golfing ground
And then foul words belched out of that mouth
  'cause he finally knew it was time to go south for Big Don.

They regreted electing that little brain
  (You can bet your bottom dollar they won't do that again)
Now these few words are in the history book
 Trump was a moron: a liar and a crook was Big Don.

(pace Jimmy Dean)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #2882 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
Nice ones, Wili and Patrick. How about a song about Dotard Don?

BudM

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2883 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »
Nice ones, Wili and Patrick. How about a song about Dotard Don?

BudM

The 1st one is to the tune of

This 2nd one is blatantly plagiarised from

I've been sitting here all day tweeting
  Same old thing in ev'ry way tweeting
Now i've got the blues, thinking of fake news
  Thoughts of crowd sizes and me.

Limousines roll down the street, gliding
 Fake news that my core support's sliding
Sell a load more Trump brand hats
 Tweet about some this and thats
All presidential things

Dotard, Dotard you're ugly
 That's what we all think of you
Dotard, Dotard grins smugly
Dotard, Dotard

Airforce One up in the clouds, flying
 People hit by hurricanes, dying
Throw another paper roll, go to golf course for a stroll
 Sit down and tweet out again
Family I keep around, near me
  They're the only ones to trust, clearly
Now what's on my mind?
 Everyday I find, thoughts of my wonderful self

Dotard, Dotard you're ugly
Dotard, Dotard grins smugly
Dotard, Dotard

Dotard, Dotard

Dotard, Dotard

(pace Clive Dunn)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #2884 on: October 05, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »
LOL! That was a quick turnaround Patrick. Thanks

BudM

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 05, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »
It looks like Trump is pushing to become a 'wartime president':

Title: "President Trump plans to 'decertify' Iran nuclear deal next week"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/trump-iran-deal-deadline-plan/index.html

Extract: "The decision, which was first reported by The Washington Post, stops short of completely scrapping the Iran deal, which Trump railed against on the campaign trail.

By decertifying the deal, Trump would kick the matter to Congress, which would then have 60 days to determine a path forward."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 06, 2017, 01:22:58 PM »
It is truly gobsmacking how poorly Moron Don has done.  Eight months...and he is already a disaster.  Eight months.  When the tide goes out...it certainly can be revealing.

Here are some things that I believe are being revealed during these "days of Donnie":

1). Fake Christians are shinning a spotlight on themselves.  People like Mike Huckabee, his daughter Sarah, Mike Pence, all the phony Christian school leaders who are bowing 🙇 to King Donnie.  It is not a surprise that the number of "Christians" in the US continues to drop to record lows.

2). The amount of bigoted, racists in the US continues to be highlighted.

3). The amount of control that lobbyists continue to play in the US.  Currently highlighted by the NRA...but just a continuation of the lobbyist power that has been present since at least the days of Dwight Eisenhower and his famous saying of the military industrial complex.

We certainly have some rocky days ahead for sure.  But....it is healthy to expose those issues, because they can't be dealt with until they are exposed.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 06, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
Will Puerto Rico create a HUGE opening for Elon Musk and renewable power?

Right now.....most of the electricity is from diesel generators.  That is expensive.  Per one article I read, that can be as much as $250 PER MONTH for a large residence.  That smells like opportunity to me. 

Clearly....in rebuilding the energy infrastructure there are LARGE upfront $$$ involved.

There are a LOT of big $$$ around the world that would like to see this be done.  Richard Branson, Tom Sterris, Elon himself.  I think that Elon may be able to put enough investors together to give this a good shot at actually coming to fruition.

Elon had sent a tweet to Puerto Rico regarding the above.....and the Puerto Rican governor had answered that with a "let's talk Elon" tweet.  Elon is one smart dude.  I wouldn't bet my money against him.  I hope they are able to do this for Puerto Rico.  It will also be a larger scale "model" of what can be accomplished elsewhere in the world and help to accelerate the move to cheaper/cleaner renewable energy.

Sure glad Moron Don has all those oil and gas guys in his cabinet.😱  I bet they are now thinking....how can we get in Elon's way so this DOESNT happen?

Wouldn't that be ironic.  Put a pin in this idea to see if it develops into a deal being put together over the next month or so.  The deal itself needs to be put together pretty quickly...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:48:49 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 06, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »
September was the fist month since 2010 that showed a monthly job LOSS in the US (30,000 jobs lost).  I have been expecting "softer conditions in the US economy.  Some of the weakness has been generated by the weather....but some has been "natural".  I'm not expecting anything drastic on the downside in the US economy.....but softness in the economy now is not surprising.

The thing that may slow the stock market is softness in oil and gas stocks.  I believe oil and gas stocks.....and companies.....are still mired in a LONG TERM down trend.

I believe that investors are using the most recent bump up in oil prices to SELL stocks (this is just my opinion based on fundamentals, technicals, AND....the underlying long term shift to renewable energy).

So some short or intermediate term softness in the economy and/or the stock market is not surprising.

What WILL be surprising is that we are still in the early innings of a HUGE long term change in energy, transportation, and agriculture (agriculture to a smaller degree....but still significant).  But energy and transportation continue to make a MASSIVE change that will benefit EVERYONE except fossil fuel companies and electric utilities.

And Moron Don is on the wrong side of the fence.....🤡

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: October 06, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »
Is Trump planning an attack?

Title: "‘Calm Before the Storm’: Trump Makes Cryptic Remark at Military Dinner"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/calm-storm-trump-makes-cryptic-remark-military-dinner-n808266

Extract: "As photographers snapped pictures and recorded video, Trump asked reporters: "You guys know what this represents?"

“Maybe it’s the calm before the storm,” he said, answering his own question.

"What's the storm?" one reporter asked.

“Could be the calm before the storm,” he repeated."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 06, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
Well.....I believe most of you can now see what a dumbfuck we have in the Oval Office ( sorry....Moron just isn't strong enough today).

A). Surprise surprise.....Rex is now running on fumes.  Also note, Rex just lost his "get out of jail free card" from Donnie for Rex's lying while he was CEO of Exxon.  The legal suits against the oil and gas industry....and Exxon specifically......are sure to continue winding their way through the courts over the next 5 - 10 years.....but now Rex won't have his parachute.  Sorry Rex....✈️  Good luck without that parachute.

B). Kelly is "on deck"......after Rex.  Days/weeks/months....who knows.  But he is definitely on deck as far as getting his pink slip.  Who knows.....if Moron cans Rex, maybe Kelly will pull the rip cord and get out of Dodge (after which Donnie would say he was going to fire him anyway).

C). Watch the weekly unemployment reports over the coming weeks/couple of months.  The jobs data has been in a short term down trend over the last 6 months or so.  Not good Donnie.

D). Steele Dossier.....certainly more to come.

Will the Ducks best WSU Saturday night.....and will Rex make it through next week?  The odds of both of those is not very good.  Sorry Rex.  Donnie just isn't all he was "quacked up" to be.🙄

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 06, 2017, 08:29:35 PM »
Sarah has a new nickname:  Babbles.

After her two outrageous comments of the last couple of days.....she has earne it.

1). She told Jim Acosta of CNN that "you have a responsibility to tell the truth."  Really.....Sarah saying that to ANYONE takes big balls.  This is "Sarah I have never told the truth Huckabee."  That's ballsy.

2). She said that Trump doesn't undercut anyone....how can he, HE is the president of the US.

So.....hopefully everyone understands that Sarah has NO regard for the truth....and all she does is BABBLE.  Babbles is a lot shorter than "Fake Christian Sarah Huckabee."😉

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 07, 2017, 02:00:18 AM »
 :o

Title: "Trump and Melania reportedly compared life in the White House to being in a Venezuelan jail"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-and-melania-reportedly-compared-life-in-the-white-house-to-being-in-a-venezuelan-jail/ar-AAsZQwc?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Extract: "President Donald Trump and his wife, first lady Melania Trump met with the wife of an imprisoned Venezuelan opposition leader in February and reportedly tried to sympathize with her husband's plight by comparing life in the White House to that inside a Venezuelan prison."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 07, 2017, 03:22:40 AM »
In an apparent race of "can you top this"....Steve Mnuchin, the treasurey secretary, has apparently spent over $800,000 on non commercial flights.  He is trying to catch up to fired Health and Human Services secretary Tom Price who spent $1,000,000.

The Trump administration is FULL of "fucking morons" to use Rex's terminology.😳This is a never ending parade of deceit, theft, ego, and cluelessness.  Unparalleled in US presidential history.

And the likelihood it will get worse...and perhaps much worse.  Strap in..😳

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 07, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump met with the wife of an imprisoned Venezuelan opposition leader in February and tried to sympathize with her husband's plight by comparing life in the White House to that inside a Venezuelan prison

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-melania-trump-white-house-venezuelan-prison-2017-10

Seriously ?
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: October 08, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »
Glad to see that Moron Don was golfing yesterday in order to get ready for Hurricane Nate.  On the job.

There was a piece done by NBC that shows that during his first 260 days in office...60% of those were spent at one of his properties.  He has also golfed 69 days.  This....from someone who said he wouldn't have time for golf and vacations.

Probably what Hillary would have done as well. 🤣
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:28:03 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: October 08, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
Elon and Governor of Puerto Rico had there first conversation regarding getting Puerto Rico and their grid problems.

One of 3 things is likely to happen:

1). For cost reasons or timing reasons or Moron's administration doesn't like it because it will encourage and hasten the movement to renewable energy....building it doesn't make sense.... and a deal doesnt get done.

2). Part of the island uses the opportunity (either the government or private businesses/individuals) to take insurance proceeds and build individual or local or regional renewable energy operations.

3). Puerto Rico goes "all in" on solar/batteries and maps out a total transition to renewable over time (whether that takes 1 year or 10 years...I have no idea, but you get the basic idea).

By the way.....if it ends up being number 3.....you can bet that Moron will take credit for it when it succeeds.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: October 08, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »
Remember....Donnie needs chaos, and Donnie likely needs a war to distract from RussiaGate and his unraveling administration.

Just how incredibly sociopathic Moron Don is....could very well be put to the rest over coming MONTHS...not years.

Moron Don will do ANYTHING to save his fat ass and small hands.  ANYTHING.  Iran and North Korea are "in play."  As I noted about 7 months ago....IF Mattis were to resign, THAT is the sign that something absolutely horrible is about to happen regarding war.

But thank God Hillary isn't in office.😳

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: October 08, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »
I guess yesterday was Moron's best friends birthday.  I see that Putin celebrated his birthday yesterday, and in honor of his birthday a couple thousand people "celebrated" his birthday by protesting in Red Square.  I'm sure that Vladi wasn't real pleased with that.

One thing to watch over the next year or so...is to see how Trumps transgressions regarding RussiaGate...and any information that gets unearthed regarding laundering of Russian Oligarchs  money....does that news find its way to Russia, and how does it affect the protests in Russia?

Does a possible collapse of Moron Don have a positive effect on protests in Russia as more information about corrupt little  Vladimir makes its way to the internet?

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: October 08, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
Looks like Moron is going after Bob Corker...moderate Republican in the US senate...and well respected by members on both sides of the aisle.

Donnie is heading deeper into the eye of thone e storm.....a storm of his own making.  Donnie's comments were of the normal variety.  Saying that Corker had begged Donnie to support Corker...when Donnie said no, then Corker announced he wasn't going to run because he couldn't win without Donnie's endorsement.

This one should be interesting on a couple of fronts:  Corker isn't running for re-election so don't expect him to back down....AND...  this could nudge Kelly closer to the door.   Kelly has his limits, and this pushes him closer to those limits.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:07:00 PM by Buddy »