Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1474685 times)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #2900 on: October 08, 2017, 10:40:28 PM »
OK White House Press Corps.....time to STRAP ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS and start to hold Babbles (Sarah Huckabee) accountable for LYING to the American people.

She is going to have her work cut out for her in coming days and weeks.

1). Looks like Trump is purposely holding back on aid to Puerto Rico

2). Sounds like Donnie lied about what transpired between him and Bob Corker over the past couple of weeks.  Would Love to have Bob Corker come out and call Moron Don a liar PUBLICLY.

3). Don STILL hasn't done anything regarding his supposed declaration of the opioid crisis as an emergency.

4). Donnie continues to lie continually and Babbles continues to lie for him.  Got to start to hold her accountable for her lies.

5). Mikey Pence lied today by posting a picture from 3 years ago at the Indianapolis game...

Come on press.....do your job.

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2901 on: October 08, 2017, 11:03:58 PM »
OK White House Press Corps.....time to STRAP ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS and start to hold Babbles (Sarah Huckabee) accountable for LYING to the American people.

She is going to have her work cut out for her in coming days and weeks.

1). Looks like Trump is purposely holding back on aid to Puerto Rico

2). Sounds like Donnie lied about what transpired between him and Bob Corker over the past couple of weeks.  Would Love to have Bob Corker come out and call Moron Don a liar PUBLICLY.

3). Don STILL hasn't done anything regarding his supposed declaration of the opioid crisis as an emergency.

4). Donnie continues to lie continually and Babbles continues to lie for him.  Got to start to hold her accountable for her lies.

5). Mikey Pence lied today by posting a picture from 3 years ago at the Indianapolis game...

Come on press.....do your job.

"Would Love to have Bob Corker come out and call Moron Don a liar PUBLICLY."

Maybe you missed this :-

It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.
https://twitter.com/SenBobCorker/status/917045348820049920?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: October 09, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
Logician:

I saw that.  What I want is for Bob Corker to tell the American people that "their president is a LIAR."

Unambiguously tell them that he has lied regarding Bob's conversation with the Moron over the last couple of weeks.  Either Donnie is lying about there content....or Corkers spokesperson is lying about them.  My money is on Moron being the liar. 🤥

And the I want the White House press corps to use the L word when Donnie and/or Babbles lie.

It's coming.... but the sooner we get there the better.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #2903 on: October 09, 2017, 05:31:05 AM »

[/quote]

"Would Love to have Bob Corker come out and call Moron Don a liar PUBLICLY."

Maybe you missed this :-

It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.
https://twitter.com/SenBobCorker/status/917045348820049920?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
[/quote]

That's a great comment by Sen. Corker. At some point, Republican senators and representatives will coalesce against Trump and try to remove him from office due to incompetence.

BudM

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
VP Mike Pence and his wife walk out of NFL game over kneeling protest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-nfl-walks-out_us_59da5fb4e4b0f6eed35114bd?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Why hasn't Pence made any protests against his boss for some of his childish and incendiary comments and actions since becoming President? Pence is nothing but a lapdog doing his boss's bidding.

BudM

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: October 09, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
So now we have ramped up one more level.  Moron lied about Corker...and Corker has now called him out.  Combined with Mikey's publicity stunt yesterday....this should make for an interesting week in the White House press briefings.

My eyes are on Kelly and Tillerson....especially Kelly.  At some point Kelly will understand that Kelly is ENABLING Trump...and Kelly will leave.  Then...I believe Kelly will be morally forced to speak about the unfitness of Trump.  THAT would be a big turning point if that comes to fruition. Mattis needs to stay as long as he can (until he commands Mattis to do something that Mattis will not do...and Donnie gives him the boot).  Kelly needs to get out and expose Trump.

Remember when I said:  "If you want someone to hang himself....give him more rope."  Donnie is continuing to tighten the noose around his neck.

The risk factor continues to ramp up.  And Donnie is hell bent on surviving.....no matter what.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: October 09, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »
And speaking of enabling.....keep in mind that FOX 🦊 is also serving as an enabler for the Moron in chief.

FOX.....by continuing to lie and mislead their viewers...are allowing Donnie to continually lie.  Sean is at the head of the class for lying for Donnie.

FOX....the same channel that has been lying about global warming for 20 years....has been lying about Trump for the last 2 years.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: October 09, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
So....Moron has lost John McCain and Bob Corker.  How long till he loses Lindsay Graham?  Donnie is on the golf course with him today.  How many months will Lindsay Graham continue to support him?  And at what cost to Graham?

Russia and China must be loving this.  No wonder Russia campaigned for him.  Little Vladimir must be very proud of Moron Don.  This is one of Vladimir's better investments.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2908 on: October 09, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
FOX....the same channel that has been lying about global warming for 20 years....has been lying about Trump for the last 2 years.
Methinks worse is the lying by omission or neglect by serious news channels. Plus, giving voice to Trump and fake scandals about Hillary (Benghazi, Email, etc. etc.) while anxiously avoiding the descriptive wörd "bullshit".

(Yes, dear 'merrican media: using a term like "climate change" (e.g. Amy Goodman) or not using the technical term "bullshit" amounts to active collusion with liars.)

-----------------------
Example:

Anniversary of a story that should have killed the candidacy of Trump the Builder:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/6/1578544/-The-Untold-Story-of-Trump-Model-Management-A-Daily-Kos-Exclusive-Part-1
"We All Knew About the Trafficking"-The Untold Story of Trump Model Management (Part 1)
Oct 06, 2016
[...]
About a month ago I came across a Mother Jones article about Trump’s modeling agency and its treatment of a young, largely immigrant workforce. The story was, in a way the height of irony-here was a man who built an entire campaign on his hard-line stance against immigrants, and all the while his business was committing full-scale immigration fraud. But as I read on, I was struck by how much this all resembled the business model of sex trafficking-something I have researched and written about extensively.

I was not alone in my impressions-others who commented on the Mother Jones piece and the subsequent coverage made similar observations. MSNBC’s Chris Hayes commented that Trump Models seemed to be borderline human trafficking, initially making the comment on Twitter and later on dedicating a segment of his prime time show to exploring the topic. Seth Meyers, for his part, did a segment on the MJ piece as well, comparing it to an episode of Law & Order SVU. While his commentary was cloaked in his usual sardonic humor, Seth’s disgust was evident as he wondered aloud if the prospect of Trump harboring sex slaves in his proverbial basement would be enough to make voters sour on his candidacy.

At the time this story broke, I assumed it was going to blow up. I assumed that follow up reporting would be done, and it would become the major story of the 2016 election. I thought it might even open up a long overdue dialogue about sex trafficking, and how our broken immigration and criminal justice systems enables its existence.

But that never happened.
[...]
(my emphs)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:52:40 PM by Martin Gisser »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:52 AM »
Martin.... I would respectfully disagree with you (at least in EXTENT).  There is NO DOUBT that the "mainstream media" had their faults in coverage...especially early on:  Trump played CNN and MSNBC like a fiddle.  And ALL the channels were guilty of inadequate questioning...and not calling out his lies...and lies of ALL candidates.

But FOX is different.  FOX adds their lies to Donnie's lies.  Just as they lie about global warming...they lie about (for) Trump as well.  FOX and Friends is a joke.

FOX is NOT a news channel.  And FOX News deserves every Emmy nomination and award they got this year:  ZERO...NADDA....ZIPPO.  Same as last year.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:19:25 AM by Buddy »

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2910 on: October 10, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »
FOX is NOT a news channel.  And deserves every Emmy nomination and award they got this year:  ZERO...NADDA....ZIPPO.  Same as last year.

They won a cigarette lighter;D

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 10, 2017, 02:34:49 AM »
At this point.....I find it almost "unreal" that Trump is in the Oval Office.  But the thing is...Donnie is the same guy NOW, that he was during the campaign.  I'm not surprised...I've been VERY CLEAR that Moron has always been a fraud...and always been a liar....and always has been a bad businessman....and has always been a sociopath.  Why some politicians are just now discovering this is gobsmacking.  You don't think it has to do with his slowly dropping poll numbers do you?😉

What will they be saying when his numbers are down to 30%?

What we saw is what we got.  What were people looking at or listening to during the campaign?  And now Donnie is taking advice from a 32 year old that would probably have been in Hitlers SS (Steven Miller).

Lying about what Donnie said to Corker may do some damage to Donnie.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2912 on: October 10, 2017, 04:13:02 AM »
Yes, Fox is not a News channel. It is a bullshit channel. Who watches Fox et al. wants being bullshitted and deserves ridicule. Maybe tell folks. :)

Methinks president Trump is a sympton of too much tolerance of bullshit.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2913 on: October 10, 2017, 04:25:56 AM »
What were people looking at or listening to during the campaign?

Botnews: fake news disseminated by bots.

See my comment in Russiagate thread.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 10, 2017, 06:30:58 AM »
This conversation reminds me of the attached quote by Donald Trump back in 1998. Credit goes to ASLR for posting it first, but I think it is appropriate to post it again. I sent it to my brother and sister-in-law who are drinking the Trump cool-aid in gallon jugs. No comment from them thus far!

BudM

meljay14

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: October 10, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
Bud, I thought this quote had been outed as a fake?

Meljay

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: October 10, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
I do believe that one is a fake.  The other hundreds of real quotes are still a problem, however.😳

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:13:51 PM by Buddy »

meljay14

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 10, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »
Indeed, Buddy!

Meljay

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 10, 2017, 01:17:21 PM »
The Olympic runner from Greece that challenged Stephen Miller to a race....Alexi Pappas ran distance at the U of Oregon as an undergrad.  I guess "it" is in the water in Eugene.

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #2919 on: October 10, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
I'm trying to believe that he says these things as a diversion not because he is an insecure moron that has the nuclear football. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-10/trump-floats-iq-test-contest-with-tillerson-after-moron-report

It's not usually worth commenting on each of these tweets but seems to me that he's becoming more unstable and provocative.

Who would have thought just a few years ago that the US Presidency could have dropped to this level. I just hope Muller can find enough to have him removed before it's too late.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 10, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Bud, I thought this quote had been outed as a fake?

Meljay

Sorry about that. Too bad, it does fit well with his many other moronic statements.

BudM

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 10, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
Gallup poll numbers for failing Moron Don:  Approval 36%, Disaproval 58%.....

Record levels for Moron are 34/61.  Patience....we'll get there and MORE in due time.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
The Weinstein/Trump effect.  They both did much of the same thing.  Sad isn't it?  The Billy Bush tapes ring so true about failing Moron Don.

We'll see if some of this shows some effect in the polls.  Pretty embarrassing to have a sexual predator as president.  Bills (Clinton) and Kennedy's sexual exploits are bad enough.  But Trump and Weinstein go WAY past anything they did.

I think the film company from The Apprentice owes it to the American people to come out with the film footage that shows the real, repulsive Moron Don.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2923 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »

Who would have thought just a few years ago that the US Presidency could have dropped to this level.

Can you have forgotten Bush the Younger so soon? Does torture trouble you so little?
Do you not remember Madam Albright opining that 300K dead children was an acceptable price to pay to be rid of Saddam?
How about Daddy Bush's "Highway of Death", sometimes referred to as "one of the most heinous war crimes in history".

https://www.globalresearch.ca/twenty-five-years-ago-the-1991-iraq-gulf-war-america-bombs-the-highway-of-death/5518407

Trump is a lousy president. At this point he's still a long-long way from the worst.

Terry

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #2924 on: October 11, 2017, 03:36:07 AM »

Who would have thought just a few years ago that the US Presidency could have dropped to this level.

Can you have forgotten Bush the Younger so soon? Does torture trouble you so little?
Do you not remember Madam Albright opining that 300K dead children was an acceptable price to pay to be rid of Saddam?
How about Daddy Bush's "Highway of Death", sometimes referred to as "one of the most heinous war crimes in history".

https://www.globalresearch.ca/twenty-five-years-ago-the-1991-iraq-gulf-war-america-bombs-the-highway-of-death/5518407

Trump is a lousy president. At this point he's still a long-long way from the worst.

Terry

We should avoid using Saddam Hussein's propaganda in attempting to smear Madeline Albright.  The cited figures of child mortality were allegedly from UN sanctions placed on Iraq (as one attempted alternative to war).  The sanctions permitted humanitarian aid. On the effect of sanctions on the civilian populace, Wikipedia provides the following referenced statement:
"The effects of the sanctions on the civilian population of Iraq have been disputed.[8][9][10] Whereas it was widely believed that the sanctions caused a major rise in child mortality, recent research has shown that commonly cited data were doctored by the Saddam Hussein regime and that "there was no major rise in child mortality in Iraq after 1990 and during the period of the sanctions"

Regardless, political figures should be judged based on behavior around policy matters, not on sound bites captured when a microphone is put in front of them.  That's a Fox News caliber approach.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: October 11, 2017, 04:51:06 AM »
Steve

My bad. The correct question was "We have heard that 500,000 children have died ... was the price worth it?"
This wasn't an "open mike", this was an interview on 60 minutes.

Here's a very short U-Tube to refresh your memory.

It's immaterial what the actual figure is as the question was a rhetorical one. Madam Albright, on CBS TV considered the death of 500K Iraqi kids to be "worth it".

Trump, thus far, has never approached this level of insanity, hopefully he never will.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: October 11, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
Only eight months in....and Trump has already cemented his position as the worst 8 months of ANY US  president.

1).  He is doing away with as many environmental controls he can.  Doing away with those controls will lead to (a) premature death in some cases (b) continued global warming which will accelerate economic damages that are already happening

2). The first US president since in MODERN TIMES to go out of his way to actively pursue the racist vote.  It has been clear to anyone with eyes and ears....and not on murderer Putins payroll.

3). Easily the most lying 🤥 president in modern times.  He is proving more dishonest than Dick Nixon...and that is no small feat.  At least Dick Nixon was not working WITH the Russians.

4). Isn't it odd...8 months into his term and Moron Don is STILL not trying to head off any Russian activity into the 2018 elections....after ALL the news about the Russians using Twitter, Facebook, and Google to spread lies/advertisements to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.  Richard Nixon must be rolling over in his grave.

5). The first president since the end of the Korean War...to be looking to restart that war.  Why is he looking for a war...it almost looks like he NEEDS a war to distract from something.

Trump being the worst US president of modern times isn't even close.  Only 8 months in....he's most certainly heading for the record books.

Continue to keep a close eye on Mattis and Kelly in coming weeks/months.  Kelly will be heading for the door.  Hopefully he will do the right thing and verbally warn the US citizens that Trump is not fit to sit in the Oval Office.

Also....I still do NOT rule out Donnie firing Mueller.  I know...Trump would have to be a madman to do so.😉  He has to stop the investigation.....too many dead bodies will be uncovered.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:45:33 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: October 11, 2017, 05:55:39 AM »
I watched some snippets of the daily briefing tonight.  Looks like the press corps is moving in the right direction....pressing a little harder.  Still quite a ways to go before they verbally call out Sarah and Moron for lying (using the L word).  But they are edging closer.

We have NEVER had so much bald faced DAILY LYING by a president.  EVER.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2928 on: October 11, 2017, 06:13:26 AM »
Whereas it was widely believed that the sanctions caused a major rise in child mortality, recent research has shown that commonly cited data were doctored by the Saddam Hussein regime and that "there was no major rise in child mortality in Iraq after 1990 and during the period of the sanctions"
The original author even retracted her wrong numbers and did the survey again, getting a much lower child mortality:
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(05)70470-0/fulltext
The overall probability of death for children aged 0–5 years in the 5 years before the survey was estimated at 38 per 1000 persons at risk, which is several-fold lower than the estimate for 1995 (table). For the repeat clusters, 69% of births (n=406) proved to match by name, sex, and date of birth, and an additional 27% by name and sex. However, only nine deaths were confirmed in both surveys: 65 deaths recorded in 1995 were not reported in 1996, and nine recorded in 1996 were not reported in 1995.

Here's a very short U-Tube to refresh your memory.

Albright's statement to Amy Goodman, 2004:
https://www.democracynow.org/2004/7/30/democracy_now_confronts_madeline_albright_on
MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: I have said 5,000 times that I regret it. It was a stupid statement. I never should have made it, and if everybody else that has ever made a statement they regret would stand up, there would be a lot of people standing. I have many, many times said it, and I wish that people would report that I have said it. I wrote it in my book that it was a stupid statement.

AMY GOODMAN: Do you think it laid the groundwork for later being able to target Iraq and make it more acceptable on the part of the Bush administration?

MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: What? You’ve got to be kidding.

AMY GOODMAN: The sanctions against Iraq.

MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: The sanctions against Iraq were put on because Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. But there never were sanctions against food and medicine. And you people need to know there never were sanctions against food and medicine, and I was responsible for getting food in there and getting Saddam Hussein to pump oil.

miki

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 223
« Reply #2929 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:36 AM »

Terry

For how disgusting the moron and his whole presidency is, I do have to agree with you, Terry.

For now, Trump it's just the end of the sleepwalking la-la-land in which so many americans live. A kind of sudden awakening. Ten years that I live here in the US and finally for the first time I see my neighbors fellow americans appalled, ashamed and worried. Still wondering how this happened. Why, I could have told them hundreds times since I landed here! But would they have listened. You know, I have an accent :-)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
« Reply #2930 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:19 AM »
One count I make on presidents of the USA is how many old wars they stop subtracted from how many new ones they start.  Trump ain't too bad on that one yet, but he is shaping to start two land wars in asia in iran and korea. But let's see what the military-industrial-congressional complex wants. They got the only vote that counts, and i don't think they really want korea, but they might go for iran.

Another good count is count of the dead. Another is increase in income inequality.

sidd

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2931 on: October 11, 2017, 06:46:14 AM »

Terry

For how disgusting the moron and his whole presidency is, I do have to agree with you, Terry.
Wow. Me European finds that mindboggling. You 'merricans seem to have sunk deep in your mental standards. Or is it just rightwing political delusion - denial of the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of the Republican party, of the whole U.S. demo-crazy? The wörld is laughing at you - and a 35% approval rate of Trump is laughable.

Can you pretty please name any POTUS of the last 100 years who would be even comparable to Trump?

E.g. "Smirking chimp" GWB was a genius compared to "f-ing moron" Trump. Heck, old Georgie can even make jokes about himself, now a very thoughtful elder statesman (just kidding). Heck, the only self-joker better than GWB seems to be the Dalai Lama (no kidding). :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:59:43 AM by Martin Gisser »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
« Reply #2932 on: October 11, 2017, 07:35:02 AM »
Re: president last 100 years comparable to Trump?

Trump is certainly sui generis, one of a kind, or perhaps more accurately the first of his kind. There will be more.

But by head count and wars, Bush the second  and Nixon are far ahead of Trump in war criminal sweepstakes.

sidd

miki

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 223
« Reply #2933 on: October 11, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »

Terry

Wow. Me European finds that mindboggling. You 'merricans seem to have sunk deep in your mental standards.

Martin, I AM European. And I can talk to you for four hours, twenty minutes and 45 seconds in a row about how disgraceful the Republitard party has been/is/will be - after that amount of time my mind just refuses to spend more resources on it.
But still, for now, about the moron, I do agree with Terry.

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #2934 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
But by head count and wars, Bush the second  and Nixon are far ahead of Trump in war criminal sweepstakes.

Give him time, and consider the N Korea situation for a moment...

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #2935 on: October 11, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »

Terry

Hi Terry

Bush Juniors Torture was unacceptable as for Bush Snr's Iraq war there was at least some justification for this although the highway massacre was unnecessary and barbaric. The end resulted in some stability that could have been maintained had Junior and the US War machine not started the second war based on their WMD lies.

There is no doubt Saddam Hussein was a murderous dictator, the Iraqi's and the world are better off without him (well eventually after they stop killing each other). However Bush Junior's WMD war I think was a turning point where the US finally lost any credibility they once had as the leaders of a free democratic world order.

Yes it's true Trump is not yet the worst on the scale of murderous wars which I agree is important. But he is definitely worse at being presidential. This requires behavior that brings respect to the office, having the rest of the world's leaders see him behave the way he does is not helpful and even dangerous.

What makes him the worst though is his complete unsuitability to the office as far as world knowledge, temperament, ethics, maturity, mental stability and probably IQ. He hasn't yet killed a lot of people but I can't recall a president that has ever made the world more nervous about the prospect of a nuclear catastrophe.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:41 PM »
To quote Thomas Friedman from an article today:

"And our president is a liar who refuses to hold Russia to account for anything."

These are the types of statements that will eventually spill over into the press briefing room at the White House.  Calling out Donnie as a liar...and Sarah for enabling those lies.

Sarah is no Christian ....neither is her father.  They are frauds...just like Moron Don.

The truth NEVER leaves.  It just waits to be discovered.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: October 11, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »
FOX went "all in" on Moron Don.  All of their lead pundits were pushing for Donnie.  And what has happened?  The biggest ratings gain since the start of Trumps term has been by MSNBC....not FOX.

Now it appears that FOX Sports is trying to outdo their "news" cohorts.  FOX sports spent $200 million on the rights to air the World Cup (soccer) this year.  Just one little bitty problem now:  The US team got eliminated yesterday.  OOPS😳

That's OK.  FOX still wins the cup for having the most sexual assaults in the cable industry.  Well done FOX.  Well done...😱

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: October 11, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »
"The king wears no clothes."  I mentioned this old saying many months ago...and the fact that Donnie is mentally bankrupt.....morally bankrupt....and bankrupt from a policy standpoint...is continuing to come into focus for more and more people.

More of the press is now willing to call out his continuous lies....

And over the coming weeks and months...it becomes more difficult for Republicans to support him.  This will take time.....and slowly worsening poll numbers.

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #2939 on: October 11, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »
Republicans are going to be on the horns of a tricky dilemma in the run-up to the 2018 midterms. Either they back an increasingly unpopular Trump, or they go against him and alienate his base. Either way, the midterms have lots of potential for the dems to make inroads.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
Republicans are going to be on the horns of a tricky dilemma in the run-up to the 2018 midterms. Either they back an increasingly unpopular Trump, or they go against him and alienate his base. Either way, the midterms have lots of potential for the dems to make inroads.

True as long as Trump remains President.

If he's impeached the Republican's win everything.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: October 11, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »
Moron Don continues to slowly spiral into craziness.  His reality is whatever he makes up.  He thinks he's friends with the Canadian prime minister.  I'll put money 💰 on the Canadian prime minister thinking Donnie is crazy.  And I am starting to think this thing actually has a possibility of ending with him being removed BEFORE we get the findings of RussiaGate.

Donnie is in another universe.  And he has the nuclear football.  After today...more Republicans are going to be talking to other Republicans about how to get out of this mess.

Donnie may end up politically hanging himself...

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2942 on: October 12, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »

Shortly before 10:00 PM on October 1, most would have agreed that Stephen Paddock was far from the worst guest at the Mandalay Bay hotel. However, had they known what was in his heart and in his mind--and in his room--they likely would have thought quite differently.

Which is to say: the fact that Trump has so far only threatened to grab the nuclear football and mash the big red "launch" button in a fit of Twitter-enhanced rage but hasn't actually done so in no way relieves most minds.

He.
Is.
The.
Worst.

Pmt111500

« Reply #2943 on: October 12, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
There are some sensible USAians here, so I thought I'd ask if the president Tillerson is actively trying to promote a new cold war or maybe a limited aggressive attack by nuclear bombs as he's reportedly aiming to increase US nuclear arsenal? Anyone?

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #2944 on: October 12, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »
If Trump's cabinet members had any integrity they would invoke the 25th Amendment, for Trump's dereliction of duty and endangerment of American lives:

Title: "Trump: We cannot aid Puerto Rico 'forever'"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/donald-trump-puerto-rico-tweets/

Extract: "Trump's tweets come nearly three weeks after the hurricane, as the vast majority of the island remains without power and the death toll from the storm has risen to 45, authorities said."
President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Puerto Rico is going to have to shoulder more responsibility for recovery efforts from Hurricane Maria, saying the federal government's emergency responders can't stay there "forever."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #2945 on: October 13, 2017, 12:45:34 AM »
Some of Trump's supporters are not quite the mental giants they think they are.  I just tweeted this :-

What sort of #drongo posts a pic of a German model train as a US patriot train? It's a Marklin Bellingrodt Edition No. 2, BR 45 2-10-2 LOL

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #2946 on: October 13, 2017, 03:30:03 AM »
Team Trump tells a DC Judge that the White House is above the law w.r.t. the President Records Act.

Title: "Donald Trump Can Destroy Records Without Judicial Review, Justice Department Tells Court"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-can-destroy-records-judicial-review-justice-department-tells-court-1046929

Extract: "The Trump Administration tells a D.C. judge that courts can't review compliance with preservation laws.

It's a question that pops up pretty much every time that Donald Trump deletes a tweet: Is he violating the Presidential Records Act?

In a court filing Friday, not only do attorneys at the Justice Department say that courts can't review this, but they also argue that when it comes to laws pertaining to government record-keeping, judicial review would be inappropriate even if Trump deleted secret recordings with administration officials or even if his staff purged phone records because they expected to be subpoenaed in connection with various investigations.

The arguments come in response to a lawsuit from the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, D.C."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: October 13, 2017, 04:05:23 AM »
RE the above issue referenced by ASLR.....my feeble mind thinks that is one more brick to build up the "obstruction of justice charge" that is no doubt going to be one of the several articles of impeachment brought against Donnie.

Donnie is certainly OWNED by Russia.

1). His administration hasn't started to enforce the additional measures that were passed overwhelmingly in Congress to punish the Russians.  They were to be enforced by October 1...and Donnie's administration has not started.

2). Donnie has done nothing to protect the US in the NEXT election in 2018.  Is he waiting because he wants the Russians to throw that election as well?  That type of negligence may add yet another article of impeachment to the growing stack.

3). Donnie continues to downplay or completely dismiss the Russian intervention in the election in 2016.

Russia has Donnie by his very small balls and he can't do ANYTHING without Uncle Vladi's OK. 

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:45:46 PM by Buddy »

Pmt111500

« Reply #2948 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:27 AM »
Didn't Tillerson too have a whole lot of stuff hanging by the 'good commercial relations' with Russia?

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: October 13, 2017, 04:37:25 PM »
Gallup poll numbers for failing Moron Don:  Approval 36%, Disaproval 58%.....

Record levels for Moron are 34/61.  Patience....we'll get there and MORE in due time.

Now that Moron Don has signed two executive orders effectively shutting down Obamacare, I'm sure his poll numbers will fall considerably.

BudM