Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1473993 times)

Sleepy

Re: Presidential poll for US citizens on the forum
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:53 AM »
This 'news' reached the other side of the Altlantic. I don't have much to add to that. ;)

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
Does anyone else expect turnout to be low and spoiled ballots high this time? I can't remember an election where both leading candidates were this unpopular.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »
Does anyone else expect turnout to be low and spoiled ballots high this time? I can't remember an election where both leading candidates were this unpopular.

To answer your SECOND point first....there hasn't EVER been an election where BOTH candidates were so "disliked".  Not even close.  Apparently....Goldwater in 1964 was extremely disliked, but Lyndon Johnson wasn't disliked.

Your turnout question is an interesting one though, because the extremes of BOTH sides hate the other one so much.  I'm an Independent.....and I wouldn't miss voting in this election for the world because I can't stomach the thought of a President Trump....it would make me vomit.

It will be interesting to see "who stayed home" for this election and didn't vote come November 8.  Is it going to be the moderate Republicans.....or the moderate Democrats?  I am NOW biased....because I am going to vote for Clinton....but I think the moderate Republicans have a greater chance of "staying home" and not voting. 
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
This 'news' reached the other side of the Altlantic. I don't have much to add to that. ;)

Thanks for posting this Sleepy. I'm still trying to digest what happened in the last two days and how Trump performed in the debate last night. I'm no fan of Clinton and there are still some unanswered questions about her past, but I simply cant wrap my head around how Trump was even able to show his face in public last night and then tells Clinton he's going to have her investigated and tells her she should be in jail? She's been investigated for the last four years over Benghazi and then the private e-mail server. DeNiro is right, and I'd like to punch Trump in the face too.

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 74
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »
Watched the debate from here in Europe.  Trump looked really creepy pacing around and haunting Hillary - or seeming to ignore the whole process....   

The split screen (with text behind) was off-putting. I think they should have had a plain background with the camera zooming and moving with the candidates.   

Trump seemed to have some better lines than 1st debate - but repeated shallow insults so often they sounded trite and hollow.  In his opinion everything is a disaster - no wonder he doesn't want to put anything towards paying taxes!

Hillary did well with her experience list, 400 bills sounds a lot - compared with Trumps broad-brush rubbishing what she had done, without appearing to know anything or how the processes would work.

ritter

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
Tuned in to the "debate" for a few minutes then turned it off to avoid puking or hurling the tablet across the room.  ;)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/opinions/clinton-trump-second-debate-roundup/index.html

So who won the debate? This CNN article gives a few opinions.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »

With every setback the Trump campaign encounters, the Donald counters by doubling down on the offensive, stooping to the lowest levels as I've ever seen. I could be wrong but I think his strategy is actually focusing and sharpening the dislike each side has for each other and it is turning into hate. I don't know if this will lead to riots, but I cant rule it out.

I always try to not hate anybody, but when I woke up this morning, I had hate in my heart. I not only wanted to punch him in the face, I wanted to separate his head from his torso! If I'm feeling this level of anger, I can imagine a lot of other people are too and where will this lead us to? I am very concerned about this, and I hope this marks the lowest point we ever get to in this Republic of ours.

Getting back to your question Paddy, I think there will be a high turnout and third party voting will be very low because of the reasons I mentioned.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2016, 07:41:42 PM »
Biggest winners of the debate:

1)  John Kasich, Republican governor of Ohio...who has NEVER endorsed Trump
2)  Jeff Flake, Republican Senator from Arizona...who has NEVER endorsed Trump

Both of those I view as the strongest candidates for 2020 presidential election.

3)  Comedians.  Probably the biggest winners in the debate.

Can you see Alex Baldwin hovering over Hillary Clinton?  Or a "locker" following Alex Baldwin around WHEREVER he goes?  The only thing better for comedians....would be if Trump would win.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
Biggest LOSERS of the debate:

1)  Mike Pence.  It appears now, that he is NOT going to take his chance "to run away".  He never had a decent chance to win in 2020....but ANY chance he had...is now gone.  He has now painted himself with Trump's stench.

2)  Paul Ryan.  Somewhat like Pence.  He had a chance today....to "get out of Dodge"...but has chosen to keep his endorsement.  That stench will follow him as well....not as much as Pence...but he will still smell.

3)  Trump:  He needed a win BADLY.  And as Nate Silverman and others have said....he didn't get it.

4)  Republican Party:  In whole....the Republican party now has two large weights that will hold them down in coming years:  (a)  Donald Trump's candidacy...and (b) their ridiculous position on global warming.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »
I think you left out one name in your list of biggest losers Buddy; Ted Cruz, who only recently endorsed Trump. Here's a CNN article by a debate coach giving his insight into Sunday's debate.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/opinions/debate-coach-grading-the-town-hall-debate-graham/index.html

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2016, 08:26:57 PM »
Here's a good article on "who won the debate" last night:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/who-won-the-debate-polls-betting-markets-focus-groups.html

By the way....Frank Leuntz is a Republican hack/strategist (so I would believe him almost as much as I would Sean Hannity ;)).

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »
I think you left out one name in your list of biggest losers Buddy; Ted Cruz, who only recently endorsed Trump.

I think that Cruz was definitely a loser....but probably not a big loser.  It is only in Ted's mind, that he still has a chance of becoming president.  Much like Scott Walker, the Governor of Wisconsin.  Neither one of those guys really EVER had a chance...and that goes for 2020.

Barry Goldwater had to learn the hard way.....that going to far to the right, is a killer.  Walker and Cruz were "exposed" this last cycle.  Mike Pence....is also WAY too far to the right on social issues....and he will be "filleted" next time around in 2020 if he tries to run.

Can't be too far to the left....and can't be too far to the right.  It is the MODERATE MIDDLE 30% that decides elections....it is NOT the far left OR the far right (which probably irritates both sides:).

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
Sometimes you can repair a "leaky faucet" without too much of an expense.  Other times....the plumbing is rotten to the core....and leaks keep popping up....and the house needs to be "re-piped".

Here is just the first of what will likely be a continual stream of leaks to come:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-apprentice-transcript_us_57fbc511e4b0e655eab65823

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-gofundme-campaign-tapes_us_57fb8ccbe4b0b6a43033c95f

Trump is one TOTALLY rotten pipe.....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
If you want to get in an argument about religion....you probably shouldn't go after the pope (Trump did).

If you want to get in an argument about finance or the economy....you probably shouldn't go after this guy:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/buffett-just-released-own-tax-160701279.html

Trump's poor decision making is on full display now.  He is in the downward spiral which he may not recover from....

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »
If you want to get in an argument about religion....you probably shouldn't go after the pope (Trump did).

If you want to get in an argument about finance or the economy....you probably shouldn't go after this guy:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/buffett-just-released-own-tax-160701279.html

Trump's poor decision making is on full display now.  He is in the downward spiral which he may not recover from....

Trump is an idiot and a jerk and many other negative things besides- doesn't mean he can't get elected. Social anger and widespread ignorance give him the chance. And in my personal experience, the hatemongers gain lots of votes compared to the level-headed types.
(I really wish my fear is unfounded, as Trump will be the last straw for the globe)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2016, 10:01:12 PM »
Trump is an idiot and a jerk and many other negative things besides- doesn't mean he can't get elected.

THAT....is very true.  I hope you are wrong (this time).  All "we" can do...is to shine a light on FACTS....SCIENCE.....AND THE TRUTH.

The old truism is right on target:  You can lead a horse to water....but you can't make him drink.  And the same holds true with this election.

I have a "running banter" with a neighbor that is about 10 years older than I am or more....and we have a good relationship....but he doesn't care that he can't point out FACTS.  He has this "belief" (I would call it blind belief).  Truly amazing....

So....again....you are right Oren about what CAN happen.  Hopefully....for ALL OF US...it won't happen.

magnamentis

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2016, 11:30:56 PM »
Trump is an idiot and a jerk and many other negative things besides- doesn't mean he can't get elected. <SNIP>(I really wish my fear is unfounded, as Trump will be the last straw for the globe)

that were my exact words before GWB was elected and it all happened and the downfall (of the country) began ( to show ) BTW the articla i wrote back then was well registred as i found out when i came to NY the next time ( lengthy questioning at immigration and so on haha...)

let's see how it goes this time, can't imagine the worst case to be honest.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2016, 12:22:03 AM »
In the linked article Rolling Stone magazine states: "It is time to ask serious questions about where Trump's loyalties lie."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/donald-trump-is-americas-enemy-w444092

Extract: "Sunday night, the Republican nominee for president of the United States took the side of a journalist-murdering dictator over his own country.

This was a remarkable, even unprecedented, moment in the history of presidential politics. We can argue whether Russia is an enemy or a frenemy, a rival power or a potential threat, but the autocratic Vladimir Putin is working against American interests and, according to virtually all credible sources, actively engaged in hacking to influence this election.

The Trump campaign's ties to Russia are more than troubling – they're terrifying. His former campaign chairman made millions working for a Russia-backed autocrat who used to rule Ukraine. His top national security adviser has buddied up to Putin. And Trump has personally pursued business opportunities in Russia for decades. His rhetoric on the campaign trail has been solicitous of Putin and, like his words about Syria in the debate, often parroted the Russian line. These are not coincidences. This is a dangerous pattern.

Trump threatened to jail his opponent if he became president. It was a chilling moment that revealed the depth of his ignorance and disdain for the principles that actually make America great. It was also a window into how his presidency would change our country. Sunday night, Trump made it clear he wants us to look a lot more like Putin's Russia."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2016, 01:33:10 AM »
Here's a big victory for democracy in Florida:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-voter-registration_us_57fc0791e4b068ecb5e11a24?section=&

People OF ALL STRIPES need to understand that the Rick Scott's (Gov of Florida), Scott Walker (Gov of Wisconsin), and MANY OTHERS.....want to LIMIT voting.

This presidential election is SOOOO  very important for democracy here in the US.  The Citizens United decision HAS TO BE OVERTURNED.  It is HORRIBLE for democracy.....because it enables BIG MONEY to control things.

VOTE....VOTE....VOTE.....

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2016, 03:16:20 AM »
Putin is defending Trump for mutual benefit:

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/07/un-critic-donald-trump-geert-wilders-must-silenced-russia-says/

Extract: "RUSSIA’S AMBASSADOR TO the United Nations filed a formal complaint last month demanding that the head of the world body’s human rights organization cease criticizing Donald Trump and other anti-Muslim politicians."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2016, 07:23:06 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-nasty-race/index.html

The CNN article states Clinton's campaign preparing for an even nastier race.

I'm glad there has been more activity on this thread. Trump has no doubt fired up his core supporters but his actions are also firing up people who oppose what he stands for and I believe there are many more people who oppose him than support him.

I hope this election sends a message to the world that despite Trump's candidacy and his core supporters, as misguided as they are, there is an overwhelming majority that reject him and what he stands for. I hope that the message conveyed on election day is "We are better people than this". 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:42:22 AM by budmantis »

Sleepy

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
budmantis, the majority needs to speak out, here politicians and people made the same error during the early days of the Sweden Democrats. Well, ignoring and staying silent didn't work.

Following all of this reminds me of watching horror movies as a kid, afraid to watch but I couldn't stop. I'm obviously not entitled to vote in this thread but to me this is not only about the US so now I will go OT. I trimmed down a part from the video with Zeid's speech in ASLR's post above, instead of quoting it, attached below. It's worth listening to all of it, but this part is essential since it reflects on the reality we humans wish to forget.

This is happening all over the world, here we have the Sweden Democrats, in Finland they have Perussuomalaiset "the true fins". To be able to fight, seems to be a common trait simple enough for all of the populistic parties to respect and relate to. Zeid has a Swedish mother, I don't, my parents grew up during WW2 in Finland. There the uglier voices want's to tag those they consider to be immigrants to help the police to spot them, I recently read a comment here in Sweden posted by a low level creep that want's to gas everyone that moved here since the 60's. Both examples would include me and my entire family. But the dangerous one's are all of those who are intelligent enough to silently support theses ideologies that only puts people against each other and ultimately to death and war, those who only talk freely if they consider you as a friend.

This elongated horror movie is for real.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2016, 01:37:59 PM »
More cracks forming in the Republican edifice:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/10/beth-moore-the-christian-women-speaking-out-about-trump-s-bad-news.html?via=desktop&source=facebook

‘Stand Up, As Jesus Did’
Powerful Evangelical Women Split From Male Church Leaders to Slam Trump:
Among conservative evangelicals, women like Beth Moore are splitting from men and asking of them: ‘When will you believe me and stand up for me?’
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
Evangelical magazine speaks out AGAINST Trump:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangelical-magazine-publishes-scathing-anti-trump-editorial-013004224.html

Another "leg" of Trump support is weakening....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »
Here is some historical perspective on the national popular vote percentages over the years.  All of them are ACTUAL NUMBERS except for the current race of course.  You can see that there hasn't been a "double digit" winner since 1984:

1960  Kennedy/Nixon              .3%
1964  Johnson/Goldwater     22.6%   This is what happens when you are too far to the right
1968  Nixon/Humphrey            .7%
1972  Nixon/McGovern         23.2%   NOTE A
1976  Carter/Ford                  2.1%
1980  Reagan/Carter              9.7%
1984  Reagan/Mondale          18.2%  This is what happens when you are too far to the left
1988  Bush/Dukakis                7.7%
1992  Clinton/Bush                 5.6%
1996  Clinton/Dole                  8.5%
2000  Bush/Gore                    (.5)%  Gore lost...but had more popular votes than Bush nationally
2004  Bush/Kerry                   2.5%
2008  Obama/McCain              7.3%
2012  Obama/Romney            3.9%
2016  Clinton/Trump               5.9% on Nate Silvers 538.com as of 10/10/2016

NOTE A:  In 1972 Nixon had a landslide victory over McGovern.  Of course....he ultimately RESIGNED from office because he would have been impeached had he not.  This was how insecure Nixon was....that he thought his folks had to use "dirty tricks" to get re-elected...and those dirty tricksters after being caught....led to his resignation.  EGO....it kills.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2016, 03:26:32 PM »
Those Clinton/Trump polls are already outdated:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/poll-after-trump-tape-revelation-clinton-s-lead-double-digits-n663691

NBC/WSJ poll: Clinton by 11%

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-pulled-back-kill-shot-145130698.html

CNBC article dated 10/10/16 speculating that Clinton held back on a kill shot during the debate fearing it would result in Trump being dumped from the ticket. The article states that Trump faced rape allegations from former wife Ivana Trump. Now Trump faces one from a woman who was thirteen years old at the time the alleged act occurred. Trump has repeatedly denied the allegations. The allegations concerning the minor is new to me. Has anyone else heard about this?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:37:45 PM by budmantis »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
The allegations concerning the minor is new to me. Has anyone else heard about this?

The linked article explains that a hearing is now scheduled by a judge to determine the truth of this allegation:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-rape-accusation-underage-girl-claim-what-happened-sexual-assault-allegation-a7354111.html

Extract: "A judge has ordered a status conference hearing into a lawsuit submitted by a woman who claims Donald Trump raped her when she was 13-years-old in 1994.

Federal Judge Ronnie Abrams has ordered the hearing for 16 December in a New York court. She has asked for both sides to provide information to assist the Court in advancing the case to settlement or trial.

In the lawsuit the plaintiff, identifed by the pseudonym Jane Doe, alleges Mr Trump "initiated sexual contact" with her at four different parties when she was 13.

At the fourth encounter, she alleges he tied her to a bed "then proceeded to forcibly rape" her."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2016, 05:13:33 PM »
Q:  What do Donald Trump and a Samsung mobile phone have in common?

A:  They are both melting down...... ;)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/glenn-beck-standing-against-trump-is-moral-ethical-choice/ar-BBxidPQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Here's something I never expected to see. Glenn Beck says standing against Trump and voting for Clinton is a moral, ethical choice.

P.S. Beck has since partially retracted his statement.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:56:30 PM by budmantis »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
Q:  What do Donald Trump and a Samsung mobile phone have in common?

A:  They are both melting down...... ;)

Sorry but couldn't resist.

Or, perhaps even better is the "Great and powerful Oz"! Perhaps the man behind the curtain is Putin.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:58:12 PM by budmantis »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election-2016/index.html

"Pence chides woman calling for "Revolution" if Clinton wins. I wonder how many Trump supporters are this far out on the lunatic fringe?

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »
Arizona turns "blue" at fivethirtyeight.com:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

And now...with McCain pulling his endorsement of Trump, I would not be surprised if Clinton were to actually win Arizona come November 8th.

If Trump has to "defend" Arizona.....then Colorado is already lost....and Nevada may be lost by Trump as well.

His "map" is NOT looking good right now.....which absolutely breaks my heart ;)

Here is a "non-endorsement" that pretty much slams Trump....by the Wall Street Journal (which is owned by FOX owner Ruppert Murdoch's company):

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/wsjs-editorial-board-republicans-cant-be-blamed-for-dropping-trump-229437

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
One other thing to watch over the next few days....is the polls.  Do they KEEP trending in Clinton's favor as the polls that cover the debate come in?

Momentum is a POWERFUL THING in life.  And it can be hard to overcome.  If the polls keep moving against Trump....you could see another "wave" of "unendorsements".  And if Ryan and/or Mitch McConell (the Republican leader in the Senate) were to do that.....that would be the fatal blow that causes Trump to bleed out.

Just as climate feedback effects continue to warm the planet.....the feedback effects of losing endorsements and losing polls......causes more loss of endorsements and losing even greater in the polls.

For all intents and purposes....I believe he will have already lost if he can't recover some by this weekend. Too many minds are now made up....and too many votes have already been cast in early voting.

And what would of....or could of....been a close race.....could become a rout of => 10% popular vote difference.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/12/major-gop-donors-are-asking-trump-for-their-money-back/21580613/

Major GOP donors asking Trump for their money back. I wonder what his answer will be?!

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »
Since it is October, maybe we should buy a trumpkin!

ChasingIce

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
This is from a "Football Pool" website I visit, and probably more accurately reflects the shadow votes that Trump is amassing.  Whether they turn out to vote or not remains to be seen.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »
THIS....would be a real shocker to me if Clinton pulled out Utah:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/doanld-trump-utah-poll_us_57fe4bb3e4b05eff55809d3c

I doubt that Clinton can ultimately beat Trump in Utah.....BUT....it is Romney country, and everyone KNOWS that Mitt HATES TRUMP....and Mitt is a "big cheese" in the Mormon Church.

Still..........that would be crazy.  The last 3 presidential elections....the percentage of vote received by the Republican was 72% Romney....63% McCain....73% Bush.  THAT...is how crazy it would be.

This is about the time when I expect the polls to go BACK in the other direction (towards Trump).  But I'll be watching the 538.com site over the next few days to see where this "settles out" in the short term.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:18:07 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2016, 04:59:50 AM »
Looks like the USS Trump is taking several more "broadsides"  ;) tonight.  Not sure how much more water this ship can take.  It is 70 years old ::)

I have to think that speaker Ryan has a good chance of pulling his endorsement.  And unless the Republican party wants to be known as the creepy lechorous party......the RNC may have to throw in the towel as well.

Polls will be interesting to see this weekend.  Could be BRUTAL.

Predator in chief Trump is in deep shit.  No other way to put it.....with all the accusations breaking tonight of "predatory behavior".  Airline flights.....Miss Teenage USA issues....Miss Universe issues.  Saturday Night Live will have to extend their show to 2 hours this week.

He is going to be turned into a laughing stock of NY City.

Sleepy

« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »
I guess everything is bigger in the US. Even the "nice guys":

A somewhat less sulphurous reply:

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2016, 08:35:54 AM »
Sleepy: That sulphurous smell must be the "mark of the beast" (666). We are living in scary times, thank god there are people like Alex Jones to set us on the right path! It's IDIOTS like this and other conservative talk show hosts that have the masses stirred up into a frenzy.

I'm the youngest of six and most of my older sibs are all in for Trump. There is no reasoning with them at this point. Critical thinking has been cast aside. What we're seeing is "true believerism", or even worse, a mob mentality. I wish this would end on November 9, but it wont.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2016, 08:57:02 AM »
Looks like the USS Trump is taking several more "broadsides"  ;) tonight.  Not sure how much more water this ship can take.  It is 70 years old ::)

Polls will be interesting to see this weekend.  Could be BRUTAL.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/12/media/donald-trump-polls/index.html

Donald Trump's poll denialism. With a demagogue like Trump and a faithful following believing everything he says, he can create his own reality for people living in "Trumpworld".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »

Sleepy

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2016, 09:13:41 AM »
I'm the youngest of six and most of my older sibs are all in for Trump. There is no reasoning with them at this point. Critical thinking has been cast aside. What we're seeing is "true believerism", or even worse, a mob mentality. I wish this would end on November 9, but it wont.
Almost the same here, I'm the youngest of five, the two good one's have passed away and the other two simply doesn't care about other people, only themselves.

I couldn't agree more, this will not end in November. Populism, conspiracy theories and BS obviously sells. :(

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
The Trump electoral map to 270 now looks like this.  He has to take ALL the following battleground states that he is now behind in:

1)  Iowa
2)  Arizona
3)  Ohio
4)  Nevada
5)  Florida
6)  North Carolina (the Obama's are heavily campaigning in NC)
7)  New Hampshire (unlikely...about 7% gap in popular vote)

All of them are now "blue states".....but all of them EXCEPT for New Hampshire are within 1% - 4% according to the latest polls.

I did NOT include Pennsylvania...because Trump has NO CHANCE in Pennsylvania now...it is about 9% away from him and moving further.  I also didn't include Colorado....it's about the same as Penn.  I don't think he can take New Hampshire either.....because Bernie in Vermont is all over that like "white on rice."

I also didn't include Utah, Georgia, and Alaska....which are now a few points IN the Trump camp....but moving towards neutral.  Utah, Georgia, and Alaska......who would have "thunk it"?

The odds of him pulling this off are about like the odds of being dealt a royal flush.  He has a chance....but his odds are becoming VERY LONG.  New Hampshire pretty much will put him away unless Hillary is caught in bed with Melania Trump :o

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:45 PM »
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/13/donald-trumps-campaign-plans-to-go-buck-wild-and-paint-bill-c/21581687/

Trump campaign plans to portray Bill Clinton as Bill Cosby, as well as claiming Hillary Clinton took part in victim intimidation. The move is designed to suppress the vote of millennial women.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mr-trump-slipping-in-the-polls-warns-of-a-%E2%80%9Cstolen-election%E2%80%9D/ar-AAiTTv7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Trump warns of a stolen election in this NY Times article. According to the article, the Trump campaign plans on having some of their people at certain voting precincts do their own exit polling. We're talking about possible voter intimidation here and a concerted effort to delegitimize a likely Clinton victory.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
Buddy, thanks for laying it out like that. But I'd be more comforted if I thought I could put more confidence in the polls. Brexit was famously missed by the polls, and some are saying that people didn't really suddenly change who they really are going to vote for after the recent revelations. They were just now embarrassed to admit that to strangers taking a poll.

Who knows?

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2016, 09:33:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37650500

Trump says groping claims "absolutely false" and called them a conspiracy against the American people. He also claims he has evidence to refute these claims and will "release" them at the appropriate time.