Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Arctic Café  (Read 722713 times)

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 99
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Arctic Café
« Reply #1150 on: June 19, 2018, 06:01:27 AM »

johnm33

« Reply #1151 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:37 AM »
Can't have a cafe without ice cream

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:20:31 PM by johnm33 »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »
Remark, new "WGS 2018" video by ExpovistaTV (not listed in channel's Uploads section) appeared lately on YT:
"Neil DeGrasse Q&A Session at World Government Summit." by ExpovistaTV, Uploaded on Jun 4, 2018
Also, fits with my recent somewhat OT comment at "Neoliberalism: Influence on AGW/CC Denial, Climate Policy & Politics".

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 19, 2018, 04:14:48 PM »
Great Science Communicators

Neil deGrasse Tyson is of "Carl Sagan's type". I like that type, so inspiring. Human at its best. And influential. For some.

Carl Sagan on Climate as an Emerging Issue (1990)
by Climate State Published on Apr 12, 2017: 7,310 views

1. part as above + 2.part more details (1990)
by Teresa Davidson Published on Oct 1, 2017, 1 view   *??just me??*

--

Google do not be evil!

< As the Concentrated Corporate Power grew so is the CO2 Problem. Can we stop it? >
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:24:16 PM by ivica »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 20, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
road where we are all pushed to walk together
this song has something to do with that

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #1155 on: June 22, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
NASA's chilling 30-year-old warning
We were warned. On June 23, 1988, a sultry day in Washington, James Hansen told the US Congress and the world that global warming wasn’t approaching — it had already arrived.

The testimony of the top NASA scientist, said Rice University historian Douglas Brinkley, was “the opening salvo of the age of climate change.”

Thirty years later, it’s clear that Hansen and other doomsayers were right. But the change has been so sweeping that it is easy to lose sight of effects large and small — some obvious, others less conspicuous. ...
It is nice to see a straight forward article in Fox News on climate change, but how I found it is a mystery. (It is in the "Science" and "Planet Earth" threads, but I didn't find it those way.)
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #1156 on: June 22, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
@Tor Bejnar. I saw that first in a report by Elizabeth Kolbert at my favorite, The New Yorker. There's a good post at RealClimate: http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2018/06/30-years-after-hansens-testimony/

You're right, it is good to see it on Fox. Fox does, from time to time, do good stuff, like Neil deGrasse Tyson's program, and there is a Saturday program on technology and science, particularly for the young, that is excellent.

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #1157 on: June 22, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »
Europe's Largest Asset Manager Sees 'Tipping Point' on Climate Risk Pricing

via climatechangepsychology.blogspot.com
The world’s deepest-pocketed investors are starting to take climate change seriously, according to Amundi SA.

by Anna Hirtenstein, Bloomberg, May 30, 2018

“We are really observing a tipping point among the institutional investors on climate change,” said Frederic Samama, co-head of institutional clients at the Paris-based firm. “Until recently, that question was not on their radar screen. It’s changing, and it’s changing super fast.”

Risks from global warming range from damage to physical assets from extreme weather to falling prices on fossil fuel-related assets, as the world moves away from burning coal and oil. Bank of England governor Mark Carney has repeatedly warned that these risks are not priced in adequately and that investors may have exposure to a “climate Minsky moment” if they don’t take action.
I get tired of pollsters asking what is my 'main' issue ("from the following list"), and 'environmental anything' (never mind 'climate change') is never on their list.  When it becomes important to major investors, maybe it will become important to pollsters - hope, hope!
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1158 on: June 25, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »
A tale of development :

When I first started studying Electronic Design, transistor sizes for integrated circuits were measured in the micrometers.

When I finished my masters degree in Electrical Engineering, it was 3 micro meters for one transistor, and internet was just starting.

Now, the first 3 nm node chip has been taped out :
https://www.cadence.com/content/cadence-www/global/en_US/home/company/newsroom/press-releases/pr/2018/imec-and-cadence-tape-out-industry-s-first-3nm-test-chip.html

3 nm over the 3 um at the start of my career is a factor 1000. In area, we can now pack 1000x1000 = 1 million more transistors on the same area. Not just that, but these devices run 1000x faster too.

So that is one billion times the performance.
Over just one generation.

And I feel proud of being part of that information revolution.

When I was a student, I imagined that if we can connect everyone in the world with internet, that knowledge would proliferate and everybody would be better informed.

But I didn't think that this increased connectivity would also proliferate propaganda. In spades.

I wonder what the next generation will bring. And if the truth will proliferate over the propaganda with ever increasing processing power and access to more information.....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:45:56 AM by Rob Dekker »
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 25, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »
I guess that answers my question :

Propaganda will always challenge the truth and facts, no matter how much we improve information processing.
Let's not waste either.

magnamentis

« Reply #1160 on: June 25, 2018, 07:52:51 PM »
good read here lately.

also i want to mention that whenever someone comes up with an non-commonly renown idea and/or theory, those who have to loose something, either money, power or reputation or all of them, penetrant and immediately are asking for proof, links, evidence, papers etc

perhaps those people should remember that most of the great finds and inventions in all fields of science were first brought to our attention by someone who didn't know but either thought logically or had a feel for where the truth is hidden.

einstein i.e. had no proof for his theory, it was proven later by an englishman who thought that the theory makes sense (the one with the bent space i mean) but it was the same with all others.

most people still try to deny things while using it daily, i.e. cd-players and gps.

and no i won't go deeper because it would be way too long to read and contain a few labels and truths and facts that would not be taken well ;)

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 26, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
Magnamentis, you are describing the opposite of the scientific process.
Let me explain :

good read here lately.

also i want to mention that whenever someone comes up with an non-commonly renown idea and/or theory, those who have to loose something, either money, power or reputation or all of them, penetrant and immediately are asking for proof, links, evidence, papers etc

What you are describing is anti-science (propaganda), where the person asking the questions is grilled on their motives for daring to challenge the idea/theory.

In science, you actually HAVE TO challenge every new "idea and/or theory". You pound the idea with questions and demand evidence. If the idea cannot answer these questions and cannot provide evidence, then the idea/theory is discarded.

That's how science progresses.

perhaps those people should remember that most of the great finds and inventions in all fields of science were first brought to our attention by someone who didn't know but either thought logically or had a feel for where the truth is hidden.

einstein i.e. had no proof for his theory, it was proven later by an englishman who thought that the theory makes sense (the one with the bent space i mean) but it was the same with all others.

That is simply false. The brilliance of Einstein is that he proved amazing facts based on very few (unprovable) original assumptions.

For example, the famous E=mc2 formula was derived (mathematically) from the sole assumption that the speed of light was observed to be constant for every observer.

Just from that assumption he PROVED E=mc2 in his special relativity paper from 1905. He later mathematically derived his theory of general relativity which proves the curvature of space-time based on the same simply assumption that the speed of light was observed to be constant for every observer.

I can't think of anyone who had to 'prove' anything else for him. So who is that mysterious Englishman you are talking about ?
Let's not waste either.

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 26, 2018, 06:13:27 AM »
Rob Dekker wrote: "So who is that mysterious Englishman you are talking about ?" Eddington ?

< As the Concentrated Corporate Power grew so is the CO2 Problem. Can we stop it? >

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 26, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
A scientific theory is never proven, it can only be falsified. The thermodynamic laws are no laws, they are still up for grabs if someone want's to have a go at them. ;)
But for any practical purpose in common terms today, they are laws.

Edit; in my opinion the above is also a key to why deniers have been so successful throughout history.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:43:28 AM by Sleepy »
Omnia mirari, etiam tritissima.
-
Science is a jealous mistress and takes little account of a man's feelings.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 26, 2018, 07:24:37 AM »
Rob Dekker wrote: "So who is that mysterious Englishman you are talking about ?" Eddington ?

Eddington merely CONFIRMED Einstein's theory of relativity, based on observations :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Eddington
Eddington's observations published the next year[10] confirmed Einstein's theory, and were hailed at the time as a conclusive proof of general relativity over the Newtonian model. The news was reported in newspapers all over the world as a major story.

Now that is interesting, because no observation can "prove" a theory to be correct.
It can only prove a theory to be false, just like what Sleepy just mentioned :
A scientific theory is never proven, it can only be falsified.

So, Einstein's theory was thus not "proven later by an englishman", but that englishman just provided more evidence that the theory was correct. Einstein himself had already proven his theory, giving his assumption that the speed of light is the same for every observer in the Universe.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:45:41 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #1165 on: June 26, 2018, 07:32:13 AM »
PS the above is a witty 'joke' right. Like people do get jokes here, right? I'm beginning to think not, which is why I ask.

Jokes are dangeorous in serious discussions (and need plenty of emoticons or 'this is a joke' signs).

But not in the Arctic Café.  ;D
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

johnm33

« Reply #1166 on: June 26, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
Plasma physicists also, based on the increasing density of plasma as you approach a stars surface, predict the refraction of light as it passes them.

magnamentis

« Reply #1167 on: June 26, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »

So, Einstein's theory was thus not "proven later by an englishman", but that englishman just provided more evidence that the theory was correct. Einstein himself had already proven his theory, giving his assumption that the speed of light is the same for every observer in the Universe.

it was the first prove while einstein did not prove it which is why it was then a theory, you even say yourself "assumption" and even though it was a correct assumption it was first still just that and after that he made other assumption that were proven wrong.

as it was mentioned by someone theories valid as long as falsification attempts fail.

but this whole topic is too huge to be discussed to the "currently known" end.

we should dispute in too much absolute terms but only proposing to consider with as much reasoning as we can. a friendly atmosphere is more target leading than anyone claiming "I got it, the only truth" because that's what religions do with the known effect of millenia of war.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:38:22 AM by magnamentis »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 26, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
HEY MAN

How about rise above Divide&Conquere and Compete&Destroy? We lack the culture, we lack leadership. Why? Has corpocracy won?

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 27, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »
Never seen that one, thanks. Waiting for aliens might be percieved as overly pessimistic?  ;D
-

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1170 on: June 27, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »
Never seen that one, thanks. Waiting for aliens might be percieved as overly pessimistic?  ;D
Ouch! That's too close to reality for comfort.
Waiting for Godot or for Musk's $uper Truck?

You're welcome
Terry

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 28, 2018, 04:37:26 AM »
Reality is there, no need to wait for anything. Adjust to it.
-

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 28, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
Ugo Bardi writes in his blogspot: "About 2,000 years ago, the Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca wrote to his friend Licilius noting that "growth is slow, but ruin is rapid". It was an apparently obvious observation, but one of those observations that turns out to be not obvious at all if you just think a little about it."
He wrote book about it, The "Seneca Effect", published this spring.

How fast a house can be built? How fast it can be destroyed?
How much takes to create something? How much takes to destroy it?

< we still lack the culture... we lack leadership... >

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:05:42 PM by ivica »

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »
Have a beer (or whatever) on me. Our wonderful allies have succeeded. Massachusetts has signed into law a $15/hour minimum wage. Frills and exfrightment!

($15/hour people have the passion; we climate realists are piggybacking on their successes. Getting capital into the hands of working stiffs is good for everyone!)

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 29, 2018, 05:04:20 AM »
Re; HMS Seneca. Letters to Lucilius:
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Moral_letters_to_Lucilius/Letter_91

6. Whatever structure has been reared by a long sequence of years, at the cost of great toil and through the great kindness of the gods, is scattered and dispersed by a single day. Nay, he who has said "a day" has granted too long a postponement to swift-coming misfortune; an hour, an instant of time, suffices for the overthrow of empires! It would be some consolation for the feebleness of our selves and our works, if all things should perish as slowly as they come into being; but as it is, increases are of sluggish growth, but the way to ruin is rapid. 7. Nothing, whether public or private, is stable; the destinies of men, no less than those of cities, are in a whirl. Amid the greatest calm terror arises, and though no external agencies stir up commotion, yet evils burst forth from sources whence they were least expected. Thrones which have stood the shock of civil and foreign wars crash to the ground though no one sets them tottering. How few the states which have carried their good fortune through to the end!
-

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 29, 2018, 06:39:53 AM »
About that link to Hansen's anniversary above, here's where I found it:
https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2018/06/judgment-on-hansens-88-climate-testimony-he-was-right/

Indeed Hansen was proven right.
Which is remarkable, given the limited performance of the models and computers Hansen had available at the time.

Let's not waste either.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #1176 on: June 29, 2018, 02:58:21 PM »
Hansen is a hero.

Pmt111500

« Reply #1177 on: June 29, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
How fast a house can be built? How fast it can be destroyed?
How much takes to create something? How much takes to destroy it?

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »
My several attempts to watch the video (~5y old, 1,941 views only - 'they' say) supplied by ASILurker here failed due to interruptions and distorted sound. (not giving up)   Hey Google, don't be evil!

--

For a scientist to get work published is not easy task, much more so if you dare to question a mainstream view.
(or corpocracy interests, i wonder what Hansen et al. might say about it)

Let's take as example Anti-Spookiness article (mentioned here) and its Review History, pdf. Appendix B (pg 13...) gives some insight, notice objections of Reviewer #3 and author's response.  Have fun.  ;D

Not OT notes:
Peter Woit previously at Café, here. Sabine Hossenfelder here:
"Remarkable about these cases isn’t that scientists make mistakes – everyone does – but that they insist on repeating wrong claims, in many cases publicly, even after you explained them why they’re wrong. These and other examples like this leave me deeply frustrated because they demonstrate that even in science it’s seemingly impossible to correct mistakes once they have been adopted by sufficiently many practitioners. It’s this widespread usage that makes it “safe” for individuals to repeat statements they know are wrong, or at least do not know to be correct."

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 29, 2018, 07:59:36 PM »
OT Alert: Down the rabbit hole on Peter Woit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Woit. It's hard to resist this: http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=6419 OT, but his resistance to the SSC caused some trouble way back when. He will be 95 in December. One of the reasons I am such a gadfly is that my life will not be my own until mother and father care is over.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:59:03 AM by Susan Anderson »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 29, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »
Susan, found in comment section (your link) - by Peter Woit:

"From what I know of Anderson though, he was likely saying exactly the same things privately and publicly."

So rare these days ):

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 29, 2018, 08:46:33 PM »
Thanks. Not as rare as you might think.

We are being systematically silenced and overruled by a powerful minority with endless wealth (Kochtopus, Mercers, et al.). But politics is dirty, no matter how clean the intentions; there are real opponents out there, not just shades of grey. Many choose to avoid it for that reason, but this has been a wakeup call, hence the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's of this world stepping up recently.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #1182 on: June 30, 2018, 03:32:30 AM »
Thanks. Not as rare as you might think.

We are being systematically silenced and overruled by a powerful minority with endless wealth (Kochtopus, Mercers, et al.). But politics is dirty, no matter how clean the intentions; there are real opponents out there, not just shades of grey. Many choose to avoid it for that reason, but this has been a wakeup call, hence the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's of this world stepping up recently.

+1

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 30, 2018, 07:17:17 AM »
I had no problems with that video, actually posted the last part of it in the Paris thread just now. I can post every single bit of it here if you wish ivica. Maybe Neven's disk quota will object? :)

Hmm, edit.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:17:03 AM by Sleepy »
-

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 30, 2018, 08:31:17 AM »
My several attempts to watch the video (~5y old, 1,941 views only - 'they' say)

PS this indicates one of the problems with extreme biased claims about AI and Algorithms and machine learning. It is always about quantity and not quality.

How can a computer or hyperactive hormone laced IT programmers building software code decide whether the quality of the questions and how Kevin Anderson answers them in that video is accurate pertinent intelligent and of high quality meaning to people based on the "numbers" alone?

They cannot. There is no replacement for the intelligence, ingenuity and intuition or imagination of human beings. Even the 'dumbest' of us are better than any artificial machine.

There is no magic in programming or machine learning and AI. But it certainly opens up the field of dreams to some.

Now, let's see about Neven's disk quota. :)

Edit; deleting it since ivica had no real problems here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:34:44 PM by Sleepy »
-

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 30, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »
thanks for heads up folks
something more serious is going on 'out there' for quite a time but i've no resources nor time to deal with that properly - so no proofs - just sayin' (it's not about me i'll find a way, it belongs to my decades old profession... :) )

ASILurker wrote: "They cannot. There is no replacement for the intelligence, ingenuity and intuition or imagination of human beings. Even the 'dumbest' of us are better than any artificial machine."

Sleepy wrote: "There is no magic in programming or machine learning and AI. But it certainly opens up the field of dreams to some."

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #1186 on: June 30, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »
I don't know about disk quota (this whole things is running on DungeonMaster's server), but I know that big files require more big servers require more electricity require more BECCS (as per Kevin Anderson).

My biggest problem with Kevin Anderson, is that there's a tennis player with the same name, making it more difficult to Google.  ;)

BTW, as Susan says: Endless wealth.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 30, 2018, 12:46:52 PM »
Immensely powerful short sentence:
Remembering is a radical act.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/29/natural-world-disappearing-save-it
-

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 30, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »
"Remembering is a radical act."

Thanks, Sleepy, that nice column by George Monbiot helps me fight the amnesia force. :)

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 30, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
Note about YT #Views

Sleepy's mpg file was available in Café for a few hours only but it had at least 22 downloads (it's from my memory).
Anderson's video #Views after 1 day has increase from 1,941 to 1,951.
Sagan's video #Views after 11 days has increase from 1 to 5. (mentioned prev here)

Adding it to complaints of Jimmy Dore et al. my conclusion is: #Views is manipulated. But I guess you knew that already.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1190 on: June 30, 2018, 11:42:52 PM »
Good heavens. Well I never....

https://thebulletin.org/2018/06/how-fast-is-the-arctic-ice-retreating-just-listen-to-it-melt/

What is the loudest thing in the sea?

The sound of a melting glacier, says oceanographer Oskar Glowacki of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California at San Diego. When a glacier meets the sea, it sounds like a billion bubbles bursting all at once, creating a white noise that is very different from the sound of an individual melting iceberg—whose bubbles typically number only in the thousands, allowing people to hear more distinct, individualized popping sounds.

It may not seem like much at first on paper, but when the raw data from months of field recordings in a fjord in Norway is compiled into statistics and run through an algorithm, that is enough for researchers to tell the difference between a melting glacier and a melting iceberg, and even track an individual iceberg as it travels. And the technique can be used to estimate the speed at which glaciers and icebergs are melting underwater, right at that critical point where the ice meets the sea. Scientists can also use this budding field of “cryoacoustics” to determine, by sound alone, the volume of a chunk of ice as it calves from a glacier and crashes into the ocean, say Glowacki and his colleagues Grant Deane and Mateusz Moskalik.

ps: From the same website.
The Doomsday Clock - It is now two minutes to midnight
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 11:58:15 PM by gerontocrat »
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 01, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »
Beer time
with big "Hej" to danish football friends :)

2 images, 1st one bother us, 2nd one is from electronic we understand quite well.
One:

Simplified by reductio ad absurdum i drop to this, so it's about Tau.
Two:

The time constant can be computed if a resistance value is given.  ;D

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 02, 2018, 06:02:20 AM »
Sagan's video #Views after 11 days has increase from 1 to 5. (mentioned prev here)
Posted elsewhere yesterday, it was 7 then, now 16 views. Now imagine doubling every day. :)
-

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 02, 2018, 06:37:57 AM »
Posted elsewhere yesterday, it was 7 then, now 16 views. Now imagine doubling every day. :)

Here is the same speech with more than 7,300 views :

and here one which features Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking on Global Warming with more than 60,000 views :

Of course, the "Sleepy Puppy falls asleep on baby" video beats us all with 54 million views :

Perspective, people, perspective on what's important in life.
Let's not waste either.

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 02, 2018, 06:42:03 AM »

If you check ivica's comment in the link you will see it's not the same.
-

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 02, 2018, 07:36:07 AM »

If you check ivica's comment in the link you will see it's not the same.

Huh ?
This link by ivica :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxBmhIFPpPQ&feature=youtu.be

and this link I gave (with more than 7.300 views) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbZ5RvW_qI&feature=youtu.be

is the same speech.
Just that Ivica's link shows the same speech twice in a row.
Am I missing something ?
Let's not waste either.

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 02, 2018, 07:44:43 AM »
Yes it's the same speech, with a snippet from within (ivicas timed start) at the end and then restarting, but maybe what you are missing is that it should have had the same number of views as this one, + five billion clip:

But Sagan's tummy might not have been as popular either. :)
-

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 02, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
Not the same link, not the same duration... No one can know what is inside w/o watching it first (unless having 'crystal ball' which tells everything - in advance). ;)

Do not let corporate media build your perspective. Resist. :)

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 02, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
Yes it's the same speech, with a snippet from within (ivicas timed start) at the end and then restarting, but maybe what you are missing is that it should have had the same number of views as this one, + five billion clip:

The "Sleepy Puppy falls asleep on baby" video should have made the point.
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 02, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »
Not the same link, not the same duration... No one can know what is inside w/o watching it first (unless having 'crystal ball' which tells everything - in advance). ;)

Cut the crap, ivica. It's the same speech.
Let's not waste either.