Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: ! No longer available  (Read 4152 times)

Martin Gisser

! No longer available
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »
Seen that often enough now to "complain". E.g. some Youtube thing which is "! No longer available".
Ridiculous solution: Me clicking "Quote" and copy-paste the URL from out of comment source code into a new browser window.

Those URLs seem all to be http, and my browser just redirects to good https - something the forum software can't process and instead produces "! No longer available".

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Re: ! No longer available
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »
Sorry, Martin, I don't know how to fix this. I'll ask DungeonMaster one of these days.

I believe that when you click the 'no longer available' the video is opened automatically.

After a while the video frame shows up for me, but not right away.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Martin Gisser

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »
Seems to be one of those inconveniences of computer tech evolution. (Like the painful transition to UTF-8/Unicode letter coding.)

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »
Testing
please ignore or delete

Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 11:09:21 PM »
I managed somehow to shrink me edit/post/reply menu to the point where it accepted no input.

The work around seems to be to engage the [toggle view] icon, stretch the screen to a usable size, then input, preview and post as normal.
The downside is that the default [view] is still an unusable single line that accepts no input or modification.

Logging off and turning off my computer did no good. I searched the help section without success. While this is far from an ideal solution I'll leave this which may aid someone down the line.

Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »
The work around seems to be to engage the [toggle view] icon, stretch the screen to a usable size, then input, preview and post as normal.
The downside is that the default [view] is still an unusable single line that accepts no input or modification.

Hmmm, that's weird. I stretched the comment box to that line until I couldn't type anymore, but when pressing F5, it reverted back to its original size.

Let me know if this doesn't change back, Terry.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 99
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:26 PM »

Hmmm, that's weird. I stretched the comment box to that line until I couldn't type anymore, but when pressing F5, it reverted back to its original size.

Let me know if this doesn't change back, Terry.

F5 works here too.

"The downside is that the default [view] is still an unusable single line that accepts no input or modification."
Weird.