Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1116040 times)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Russiagate
« Reply #1200 on: September 09, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »
Looks like Donnie isn't sleeping so well.  Nine tweets this morning...and still screaming at Hillary.  Almost as bad as a Canadian I know.😳

I wonder what Hope Hicks knows?  And that New York AG looks like he is going to be on Donnie like white on rice.  Sleep tight Donnie.....my small minded and small hands pal.  You are going down at the hands of the New York AG.

Sleep tight....😌
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1046
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1201 on: September 09, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
Awan case: letters to US attorney for DC and Awan's ID were found with the laptop by Capitol police. Wonder what they say ...

"On 4/6/2017 at 0021 hours, with the building closed to the public, AOC informed USCP Rayburn offices of an unattended bag in the phone booth on the 2nd floor. The officer received the open-contents visible bag and prepared a found property report. While reviewing the inventory of the bag contents, the officer found

#1 a Pakistani ID card with the name Mohommed Ashraf Awan
#2 a copy – not original – of a drivers license with name Imran Awan
#3 a copy (front and back) of his congressional ID
#4 an Apple laptop with the homescreen initials ‘RepDWS’
#5 composition notebooks with notes handwritten saying ‘attorney client privilege’ and possibly discussing case details below
#6 loose letters addressed to US Attorney of DC discussing the apparent owner of the bag being investigated."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/06/exclusive-did-imran-want-capitol-police-to-find-wasserman-schultzs-laptop/

sidd

Martin Gisser

« Reply #1202 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »
Ha! The Daily Caller. Ever checked their climate reporting? Next: Breitbart?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/
quoth
The Daily Caller [...] was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney.  The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to Snopes and Politifact. (7/19/2016) Updated (4/21/2017)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 10, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »
Mr Gisser, do you have sources that claim the Awan police report is fake ? That would be interesting if only for the motivations involved, both in the report  and the refutation.

sidd
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:33:23 AM by sidd »

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1204 on: September 10, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »
There's a whole rat's nest of stuff out there about Imran Awan.  Most of it comes from relatively unknown sources and Breitbart.

Probable fact: Imran Awan was arrested for fraud, although I cannot find any definitive information from court, lawyer or FBI sites.

Almost certainly BS: Imran Awan stole secrets/computers/money/ballpens from government personel/offices/nuclear bunkers.

The frame is set up to make it appear that Clinton's emails were leaked by Imran Awan and that it follows that the Russians are as pure as the driven snow, qed.

This link may help: likely more truth there, although it seems every dem and rep has an axe to grind on this one.

btw, I'm UK and a Corbynista.  ;D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1205 on: September 10, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »
Patrick
It's difficult to read Fox's shrill screeds, could cause significant damage to the cerebral cortex - similar to the aural damage that rock concerts can inflict.  8)

The NSA reads everyone's mail. Why haven't they simply released evidence proving who hacked whom, and where they were when they did so? Personally I've never caught Assange telling a lie, his whole livelihood depends on the reliability of his news releases. I can't say the same for any of the 3 letter agencies, the politicians that direct them, or the media that generally reports on their doings.

The CIA did eventually admit that they lied about their activities in Iran back in 1953, but that's a long time to wait for the truth.
Terry

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 582
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1206 on: September 10, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »

The NSA reads everyone's mail. Why haven't they simply released evidence proving who hacked whom, and where they were when they did so? 

They surely hoover up everyone's e-mail.  Reading, interpreting, analyzing is a labor-intensive process, and time-consuming.  Once that's been done, the NSA can't release much of anything to the public, the information is classified or at least confidential. 

The hacking per se wouldn't necessarily show up in any of what the NSA is collecting.

They surely do share their findings with Mueller, as appropriate.  Mueller's team has been very, very tight-lipped with no significant leaks to the press.

So there's no reason to think the absence of public evidence implies evidence of absence.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 10, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »

So there's no reason to think the absence of public evidence implies evidence of absence.
Very much the truth, but it has been some time since Wikileaks started dropping the little cluster bombs, and the more time that passes, the more likely it becomes that there is no there, there.

If it does take over 9 months to ferret out the e-mails, the whole NSA system won't do anything for us in the event of a terrorist attack, and should probably be mothballed.
Stopping terrorist attacks is the reason we read everyone on earth's e-mail, isn't it?

Terry

Steve
Was it you who had wanted an MSM link to Uranium One, RosAtom, Clinton Foundation donations & Bill's 1/2 $B speakers fee in Moscow? If so you'll be happy to know that one of my new sources is the venerable New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/23/us/clinton-foundation-donations-uranium-investors.html
They provide an interesting timeline from 2005 to 2013.
If I'm in error re. who had wanted this information I apologize, but you still might find the transactions, interesting.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 582
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1208 on: September 10, 2017, 11:45:25 PM »

Very much the truth, but it has been some time since Wikileaks started dropping the little cluster bombs, and the more time that passes, the more likely it becomes that there is no there, there.

If it does take over 9 months to ferret out the e-mails, the whole NSA system won't do anything for us in the event of a terrorist attack, and should probably be mothballed.
Stopping terrorist attacks is the reason we read everyone on earth's e-mail, isn't it?

Terry

Steve
Was it you who had wanted an MSM link to Uranium One, RosAtom, Clinton Foundation donations & Bill's 1/2 $B speakers fee in Moscow? If so you'll be happy to know that one of my new sources is the venerable New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/23/us/clinton-foundation-donations-uranium-investors.html
They provide an interesting timeline from 2005 to 2013.
If I'm in error re. who had wanted this information I apologize, but you still might find the transactions, interesting.

Wasn't me.  But a piece of that info needs expansion.  Specifically,
Rosatom seeks majority ownership of Uranium One, pending approval by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, of which the State Department is a member.

That committee doesn't itself approve or deny such sales.  That authority rests with the President alone (Obama at the time).  The State Department is just one vote in the *recommendation* to approve or deny.  There's no evidence that Hillary was involved in any decision on that recommendation.  It's not even clear what that committee's recommendation was--it's confidential information.  It's simply not true that she had any control over the sale.

Regardless of Hillary's power at the time, Bill was and is a private citizen.  If he was offered a big speaking fee, I can't see why he should have turned it down.

It may well be that Russian money was provided in the *hope* that decisions would be influenced.  The Clintons aren't responsible for anyone's hopes.

I'm not fan of the Clintons, but many of the smears they've been subjected to are lies or gross distortions.

Edit:  a fuller explanation of the sale and the non-role of the Clintons is here:
The facts behind Trump’s repeated claim about Hillary Clinton’s role in the Russian uranium deal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/26/the-facts-behind-trumps-repeated-claim-about-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-russian-uranium-deal/?utm_term=.4d9048c4fcdf

It really is just a baseless anti-Clinton smear.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:54:35 PM by SteveMDFP »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 11, 2017, 06:17:03 AM »
Steve

WP won't allow me entry without disabling ad blocker, something I'm unwilling to do.
Since my link doesn't appear to make any value judgments, but rather simply reports a timeline, perhaps you could tell me whether the NYT was accurate in this reportage.

Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1210 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
Steve
WP won't allow me entry without disabling ad blocker, something I'm unwilling to do.
No problem opening the WP article for me.
It deals with all the details from the NYT article.
Do you want me to cut-and-paste the article for you ?
Or is there a specific part that you are most interested in ?
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #1211 on: September 11, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »
A good number of portions of the Steele Dossier are standing the test of time:

Title: "The Steele Report, Revisited"

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/09/a_lot_of_the_steele_dossier_has_since_been_corroborated.html

Extract: "How much of the infamous document ended up being corroborated elsewhere? A whole lot.

I think it is fair to say that the report is not “garbage” as several commentators claimed. The Orbis sources certainly got some things right—details that they could not have known prior. Steele and his company appear serious and credible.

One large portion of the dossier is crystal clear, certain, consistent, and corroborated. Russia’s goal all along has been to do damage to America and our leadership role in the world. Also, the methods described in the report fit the Russians to a tee. If the remainder of the report is largely true, Russia has a powerful weapon to help achieve its goal. Even if it is largely false, the Kremlin still benefits from the confusion, uncertainty and political churn created by the resulting fallout. In any regard, the administration could help cauterize the damage by being honest, transparent and assisting those looking into the matter. Sadly, the president has done the opposite, ensuring a Russian win no matter what. In any event, I would suspect the Russians will look to muddy the waters and spread false and misleading information to confuse investigators and public officials."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 11, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
Things are kicking into high gear if Mueller is planning to subpoena Trump.

Title: "Why Robert Mueller May Have to Give Donald Trump Immunity"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-robert-mueller-may-have-to-give-donald-trump-immunity

Extract: "If the president fights a subpoena, the special prosecutor can make him a deal: Testify and it won’t be used against you (sort of).

Whether Trump will be indicted, for what, and the legal consequences, are not clear or predictable. Indeed, the question of whether a sitting president can be prosecuted at all has been hotly debated. Whether Trump is able to claim some type of presidential immunity from prosecution may ultimately have to be ruled on by the Supreme Court, as was the case with Nixon. The court did hold in the Paula Jones civil lawsuit that Clinton enjoyed no immunity from civil liability for unofficial acts committed before he became president. The lesson in that case is that no person is above the law, even a president. Whether that lesson applies to Trump may likely be decided soon."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Martin Gisser

« Reply #1213 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:25 AM »
Russian iWar on the West

For ... that which must not, cannot be.

Exclusive: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil
Pushing fake news was just one component of the Russian campaign to shape American minds. Part two: organizing anti-immigrant events echoing themes from the pro-Trump press.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-facebook-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 13, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »
More evidence to squeeze Flynn with, to see if he will flip on Team Trump:

Title: "Dems to Mueller: Flynn failed to disclose trip to broker Saudi-Russian business deal"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/democrats-mueller-flynn-middle-east-trip-disclosure/index.html

Extract: "House Democrats sent special counsel Robert Mueller what they say is evidence that former national security adviser Michael Flynn failed to disclose a trip he took to the Middle East to explore a business deal with the Saudi government and a Russian government agency."
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: September 13, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
This certainly makes it look like Flynn has something to hide:

Title: "Flynn refusing new request to speak to Hill committee"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politics/michael-flynn-senate-subpoena-refusal/index.html

Extract: "Flynn first declined to comply with a Senate subpoena in May, asserting his Fifth Amendment rights. More recently, the committee has reiterated its request and Flynn has declined again, the source said."
― Leon C. Megginson

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #1216 on: September 14, 2017, 01:50:11 AM »
It's about Russian orphans.  Oh, yes, and billions of frozen assets.

The connection between Trump junior, Natalia Veselnitskaya and the purported "it was about orphans":  bait and switch.

From Politico.com

The calendar rolled back to June 9, 2016, this week and stuck there.

Testifying in a closed-door session with Senate Judiciary Committee investigators, Donald J. Trump Jr. reprised the now famous day he met in Trump Tower with a gaggle of Russians and his wingmen, Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort. Special counsel Robert S. Mueller wore his own June 9, 2016, throwback jersey. He informed the White House his legal team would be interviewing staffers who were on Air Force One the day the president dictated (or helped write) Junior’s original statement about the Russian meeting, which alleged that the subject of the gathering was adoption.

The promised subject of the meeting wasn’t adoption, of course. As we know from the email sent to Junior by his go-between, a Russian government lawyer was supposed to bring him incriminating dirt on Hillary Clinton, an offer that Junior gleefully accepted. “I love it!” he wrote back to his go-between.

Now let's roll the calender forward again to July 2017 and ...

Bill Browder's Testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who secured a meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort, was engaged in a campaign for the repeal of the Magnitsky Act, and raised the subject of adoptions in that meeting.

Despite the White House’s desire to reset relations with Russia at the time, ...  In November 2012 the Magnitsky Act passed the House of Representatives by 364 to 43 votes and later the Senate 92 to 4 votes. On December 14, 2012, President Obama signed the Sergei Magnitsky Act into law.

Putin was furious. Looking for ways to retaliate against American interests, he settled on the most sadistic and evil option of all: banning the adoption of Russian orphans by American families.

Why did Vladimir Putin take such a drastic and malicious step?

For two reasons. First, since 2012 it’s emerged that Vladimir Putin was a beneficiary of the stolen $230 million that Sergei Magnitsky exposed. Recent revelations from the Panama Papers have shown that Putin’s closest childhood friend, Sergei Roldugin, a famous cellist, received $2 billion of funds from Russian oligarchs and the Russian state. It’s commonly understood that Mr. Roldugin received this money as an agent of Vladimir Putin. Information from the Panama Papers also links some money from the crime that Sergei Magnitsky discovered and exposed to Sergei Roldugin. Based on the language of the Magnitsky Act, this would make Putin personally subject to Magnitsky sanctions.

This is particularly worrying for Putin, because he is one of the richest men in the world. I estimate that he has accumulated $200 billion of ill-gotten gains from these types of operations over his 17 years in power. He keeps his money in the West and all of his money in the West is potentially exposed to asset freezes and confiscation. Therefore, he has a significant and very personal interest in finding a way to get rid of the Magnitsky sanctions.

Since the assets of Putin and cronies were frozen he has tried by fair means and foul to "normalise" US / Russia relations.  Translation: "I want my money back!"

Russia Sought A Broad Reset With Trump, Secret Document Shows

In the third month of Donald Trump’s presidency, Vladimir Putin dispatched one of his diplomats to the State Department to deliver a bold proposition: the full normalization of relations between the United States and Russia across all major branches of government.

The proposal, spelled out in a detailed document obtained by BuzzFeed News, called for the wholesale restoration of diplomatic, military, and intelligence channels severed between the two countries after Russia’s military interventions in Ukraine and Syria.

The broad scope of the Kremlin’s reset plan came with an ambitious launch date: immediately.

What does Putin want?  Money!  When does he want it? Now!

Please do read Bill Bowder's entire testimony.

As someone here at ASIF famously says:

"Tick, tick, tick."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 14, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »
Donnie's "political house" must feel like it's in the middle of a Cat 4 hurricane.  Granted....it can and WILL get worse.... but the walls are definitely shaking now.

As Carol Lee noted today......Mueller is continuing to put on a "full court press" on team Donnie.  Mueller is now zeroing in on Michael Flynn's son......in order to get to Michael Flynn. It must feel like being in a game of dodgeball.... and Donnie is going one on five and those five all have balls in their hands and aiming right at Donnie.

Donnie has got his work cut out for himself to keep SOMEONE from his administration from talking to the Feds. 😅

Martin Gisser

« Reply #1218 on: September 14, 2017, 03:47:00 AM »
Russian iWar on the West

Exclusive: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil
Pushing fake news was just one component of the Russian campaign to shape American minds. Part two: organizing anti-immigrant events echoing themes from the pro-Trump press.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-facebook-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil
So, Fakebook has been and still is trying hard to hide this smoking gun everybody had indirectly been asking for ("There is no proof! ... no proof!")

No wonder. It is Facebook's disgrace. And of a lot of its users. That's why I quoted this poem again.

But I wonder why there isn't almost any fuss in the media and commentariat about it. The only one who seems to care seems Rachel Maddow (who else, she wants nuclear war with Russia...).

And I wonder why nobody has discovered these fake demonstration organizers already last year! (Heck, I should have cared more, as I smelled the shit, and should have faked an American Fakebook user to lure the Russian trolls etc.)
Compared to the amount of Russian fake Fakebook accounts etc. discovered during the French election, what has surfaced in the U.S. until now is just trifle. I don't believe this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:52:54 AM by Martin Gisser »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 14, 2017, 05:38:21 AM »
I would bet you "dollars to doughnuts 🍩 ".....that Donnie was supposed to get a "cut" of some of the dealings between Flynn and some of the countries Flynn was dealing with....especially Saudi Arabia.

I smell something rotten....

Hefaistos

« Reply #1220 on: September 14, 2017, 06:40:17 AM »
Russian iWar on the West

So, Fakebook has been and still is trying hard to hide this smoking gun everybody had indirectly been asking for ("There is no proof! ... no proof!")

No wonder. It is Facebook's disgrace. And of a lot of its users. That's why I quoted this poem again.

But I wonder why there isn't almost any fuss in the media and commentariat about it. The only one who seems to care seems Rachel Maddow (who else, she wants nuclear war with Russia...).

And I wonder why nobody has discovered these fake demonstration organizers already last year! (Heck, I should have cared more, as I smelled the shit, and should have faked an American Fakebook user to lure the Russian trolls etc.)
Compared to the amount of Russian fake Fakebook accounts etc. discovered during the French election, what has surfaced in the U.S. until now is just trifle. I don't believe this.

Are these fake accounts really "Russian"? Or is it a made up media narrative?
Robert Parry debunks NYT's 'sloppy or dishonest journalism', its 'wildly speculative article', a.k.a. fake news.

"One of Weisburd’s “Kremlin trolls” turned out to be 66-year-old Marilyn Justice who lives in Nova Scotia"
"another “Kremlin troll,” 48-year-old Marcel Sardo, a web producer in Zurich, Switzerland, who dares to dispute the West’s groupthink"

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/11/has-the-nyt-gone-collectively-mad/

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
Are these fake accounts really "Russian"? Or is it a made up media narrative?
Robert Parry debunks NYT's 'sloppy or dishonest journalism', its 'wildly speculative article', a.k.a. fake news.

"One of Weisburd’s “Kremlin trolls” turned out to be 66-year-old Marilyn Justice who lives in Nova Scotia"
"another “Kremlin troll,” 48-year-old Marcel Sardo, a web producer in Zurich, Switzerland, who dares to dispute the West’s groupthink"

Dude, these two were mentioned in the NYT article itself as examples of how hard it is to distinguish between Russian trolls and people with a pro-Russian opinion.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html?mcubz=3&_r=0

Parry is again just grasping at straws here.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:00:10 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Hefaistos

« Reply #1222 on: September 14, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »

Parry is again just grasping at straws here.

No. It's the MSM grasping at straws. NYT claims it is "Russian hackers", "Russian-controlled ...", "Russian information attack", "Russian efforts", etc. etc. , without offering one single piece of evidence that it is the state "Russia" behind this.
As the article says, "Even skilled investigators often cannot be sure if a particular Facebook post or Twitter bot came from Russian intelligence employees, paid “trolls” in Eastern Europe or hackers from Russia’s vast criminal underground."
I'd like to add, there are several million Russians living in the US alone, not so few of them very literate IT people able to fabricate digital fingerprints (fake IP numbers etc.) in the direction they are paid to do, or like to do, because it's on their political agenda.
Without providing any valid evidence, MSM continues to rehash and spread the same old anti-Russian propaganda.
My belief is that all this originates in the US, or is directed by political interests in the US, and not Russia. Of course, I have no evidence for that claim, but this is anyway just about beliefs and political agendas. And the hypothesis of US origin is more reasonable in many ways.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #1223 on: September 14, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
No. It's the MSM grasping at straws. NYT claims it is "Russian hackers", "Russian-controlled ...", "Russian information attack", "Russian efforts", etc. etc. , without offering one single piece of evidence that it is the state "Russia" behind this
Who is grasping straws?
I guess those FB ads bought by a Russian troll farm are quite good evidence: Money is followable.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #1224 on: September 14, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
No. It's the MSM grasping at straws. NYT claims it is "Russian hackers", "Russian-controlled ...", "Russian information attack", "Russian efforts", etc. etc. , without offering one single piece of evidence that it is the state "Russia" behind this
Who is grasping straws?
I guess those FB ads bought by a Russian troll farm are quite good evidence: Money is followable.

"Money is followable" - and fungible.

Similarly, trolling is both fungible, as e.g. via a troll farm, and followable as e.g via web records.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 15, 2017, 06:16:35 AM »
My belief is that all this originates in the US, or is directed by political interests in the US, and not Russia. Of course, I have no evidence for that claim, but this is anyway just about beliefs and political agendas. And the hypothesis of US origin is more reasonable in many ways.

It is an interesting claim, and one worth exploring.
NYT states :
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html?mcubz=3&_r=1

“Yes, the Russians were involved. Yes, there’s a lot of organic support for Trump,” said Andrew Weisburd, an Illinois online researcher who has written frequently about Russian influence on social media. “Trying to disaggregate the two was difficult, to put it mildly.”

I think that first of all it is telling that it is hard to differentiate between Trump supporters and pro-Russia supporters. That tells something about Russia as well as the US and how we got to where we are today.

It's like the far left and the far right in the world combined forces and started telling the same story.

Similar to how Putin invited both extreme left (neo-Stalinist) and extreme right (neo-Nazi) political figures across Europe to monitor the (illegal) Crimea referendum:
http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.com/2014/03/pro-russian-extremists-observe.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:49:49 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 15, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
In support of this theory (that extreme left and extreme right joined forces) note how Robert Parry re-phrased the NYT statement :

“Yes, the Russians were involved. Yes, there’s a lot of organic support for Trump,” said Andrew Weisburd, an Illinois online researcher who has written frequently about Russian influence on social media. “Trying to disaggregate the two was difficult, to put it mildly.”

to

Shane quotes Weisburd as admitting how hard it is to differentiate Americans who just might oppose Hillary Clinton because they didn’t think she’d make a good president from supposed Russian operatives: “Trying to disaggregate the two was difficult, to put it mildly.”

See how both Parry and the Trump supporters are saying the same thing from a different angle, even though Parry supposedly is on the opposite side of the political spectrum as Trump is ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:50:44 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
Putin recently claimed that "“IP addresses can be simply made up. … This is no proof”.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html

That's not true.

IP (Internet Protocol) is a hand-shake protocol where IP addresses have to match for an information exchange to be successful.

Sure there are proxy servers that can hide the IP address of the original sender but then these would be easily identified as proxy server addresses.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:26:25 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Zeug Gezeugt

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 46
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #1228 on: September 17, 2017, 07:15:34 AM »
All quiet on the Russiagate front now as the news cycle churns and Trump does dirty deals with the Dems behind the Repugs back. Apart from the Farcebook revelations of course! That may or may not relate to Russians who may or may not be connected to the  ... wait for it ... Kremlin! I'm sure Mueller will get there some day and we'll finally see some actual evidence of the evil genius Putin tipping the US election in favour of reality TV star Trump... one day over the rainbow.

Until that day arrives however, we're still left where we started, with basically evidence free Russophobic propaganda peddled by the US war industry in what would appear to be a domestic coup attempt against a democratically elected US president. Here are a couple of the latest articles to churn over this evidentiary baselessness:

Mike Whitney's The Russian Hacking Story Continues to Unravel summarises an analysis of the original hacking stories that started it all. One can read Non-Existent Foundation for Russian Hacking Charge for the full analysis.

And also one of this thread's most popular investigative journalists, Robert Parry is back again with a report on The NYT’s Yellow Journalism on Russia. It continues to amaze me the degree to which US corporate media is still able to successfully frame the public debates, in the western world at least, concerning the righteousness of US unilateral geopolitics and its global war industry.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:05 AM »
Mueller is tightening his net in the Russiagate investigation:

Title: "Mueller just obtained a warrant that could change the entire nature of the Russia investigation"

http://www.businessinsider.com/mueller-obtains-warrant-for-russia-linked-facebook-ads-and-accounts-2017-9

Extract: "FBI Special Counsel Robert Mueller reportedly obtained a search warrant for records of the "inauthentic" accounts Facebook shut down earlier this month and the targeted ads these accounts purchased during the 2016 election. 

The warrant was first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal on Friday night and the news was later confirmed by CNN.

Legal experts say the revelation has enormous implications for the trajectory of Mueller's investigation into Russia's election interference, and whether Moscow had any help from President Donald Trump's campaign team."
― Leon C. Megginson

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 18, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
Conspiracy theorist and Putin apologist Robert Parry now claims that if you publish an article like this, being critical of Russia's violations of the Vienna Document :
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/world/europe/russia-baltics-belarus.html?mcubz=3&_r=0

that

in today’s instance, The New York Times is prepping the American people for what could become World War III.

Parry is becoming increasingly paranoid.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:10:16 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 18, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »
I wonder how many years Brad Parscale is going to serve after the state of NY brings charges for interfering with the presidential election?  I'm afraid Donnie's pardon won't do him any good.  In addition...there will likely be other charges brought against him.

The "message" sent by NY's AG has been very clear:  Anyone connected to Trumps team that was involved in breaking NY laws leading up to, or after, the 2016 election will be prosecuted.

Brad is in DEEP SHIT right now.....

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #1232 on: September 18, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
Guardian - Trump in Moscow: what happened at Miss Universe in 2013 ?

The Guardian has learned of additional, previously unreported, connections between Trump’s business partners on the pageant and Russia’s government. The ties are likely to attract further scrutiny by investigators who are already biting at the heels of Trump associates.

A full accounting of Trump’s actions in the Russian capital as that autumn turned to winter may be critical to resolving a controversy that has already consumed the first eight months of his presidency.

“Our committee’s investigation will not be complete unless we fully understand who President Trump met with when he was over in Russia for Miss Universe, and what follow-up contacts occurred,” Eric Swalwell, a California Democrat on the House intelligence committee, said in an interview.

Trump’s attorney, John Dowd, declined to answer when asked whether the president’s team accepts that the Miss Universe contest is a legitimate area of inquiry for investigators. “Fake news,” Dowd said in an email.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 19, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »
One of the most important things that a leader does is to set the "tone" and the parameters for what she/he expects from their team.  In the case of Donnie....he wants and rewards bullying.  You saw that in Sean Spicer and the rest of the communication team.   Even a lackey like Sarah FC Huckabee has tried to employ a "tougher edge".  People pick up on and often times emulate their leaders characteristics......for better or worse.

Donnie's Trump attorney was supposed to NOT communicate publicly... and instead did just the opposite.  Now...the Senate committee will interview him in PUBLIC rather than in private.  I expect that to be fairly combative on both sides.

I expect a LOT of combativeness over the coming year as layer after layer of the rotting onion is peeled back.  And I expect that a couple issues could wind their way to the Supreme Court.

I think Donnie's sociopathic ways will leave many people in amazement.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »
Mueller is casting a broad net; which he will progressively tighten to catch some guilty fish:

Title: "Mueller casts broad net in requesting extensive records from Trump White House"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-casts-broad-net-in-requesting-extensive-records-from-trump-white-house/2017/09/20/3c5cfbe2-9e2e-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html?utm_term=.c0229ba532e6

Extract: "The special counsel investigating Russian election meddling has requested extensive records and email correspondence from the White House, covering everything from the president’s private discussions about firing his FBI director to his White House’s handling of a warning that President Trump’s then-national security adviser was under investigation, according to two people briefed on the requests."
― Leon C. Megginson

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 21, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »
Binney (exNSA) and McGovern (exCIA) again call upon the NSA to release DNC intrusion detail.

"How can we be so confident? Because NSA alumni now active in Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) are intimately familiar with NSA’s capabilities and practice with respect to bulk capture and storage of fiber-optic communications. Two of us actually devised the systems still in use, and Edward Snowden’s revelations filled in remaining gaps. Today’s NSA is in position to clear up any and all questions about intrusions into the DNC."

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/20/more-holes-in-russia-gate-narrative/

sidd

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 21, 2017, 03:50:26 AM »
Things continue to get more interesting in RussiaGate:

1). Boy was Paul Manafort lying about not having contacts with Russian sources.😳
2). Bill Palmer had an article out today about Donnie's financial troubles.  I am in lockstep with him on this issue.  As I have noted before the election....Donnie is NOT worth what he says is...and he is increasingly looking like someone who is "cash strapped"....and trying to gobble up any money he can while he is in office.

Donnie really has screwed the pooch.....but I don't know that he had much of a choice.  Time will tell....but there is a WHOLE LOT MORE to this story than we know.  We are only seeing the top of the iceberg.  There is another 90% that we don't know about YET.

Donnie.....Donnie.....Donnie:  Where DID your folks go wrong? 😳

Hefaistos

« Reply #1237 on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:57 AM »

It is an interesting claim, and one worth exploring.

It's not Russia meddling now in the ongoing German elections, it's alt-right, probably in the US:
"A lot of the stuff we are seeing in Germany can be linked to, or is at least inspired by, the 'alt-right' movement in the U.S.,"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/09/20/meddling-germany-election-not-russia-but-u-s-right-wing/676142001/

Hefaistos

« Reply #1238 on: September 21, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
Putin recently claimed that "“IP addresses can be simply made up. … This is no proof”.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html

That's not true.

IP (Internet Protocol) is a hand-shake protocol where IP addresses have to match for an information exchange to be successful.

Sure there are proxy servers that can hide the IP address of the original sender but then these would be easily identified as proxy server addresses.

That's true.
Tor browser + vpn + ..., and you're invisible
https://ipinfo.info/html/anonymous-surfing_2.php

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 22, 2017, 05:18:59 AM »
So.....it turns out that Spicey took detailed notes during his stay in the White House.   I wonder if Mueller will be interested in any of those notes?😳

And this month seems to be "squeeze Paul Manaforts nuts month".

I'm sure that CNN will again play their production of "All The Presidents Men:  Replay".  This was an hour long special where the main players still living....look back at Watergate.  I've already watched it twice....and will watch it again.  It is amazing how much relates to RussiaGate today.

The one thing I look forward to.....is the timing of the charges in the coming RussiaGate charges.  For instance....:

1). Will Eric Schneiderman (the NY attorney general) bring state charges FIRST against Donnie...BEFORE Mueller brings his charges?

2). Is it possible for Mueller to bring his federal charges against Donnie FIRST....and wait until Donnie is removed from office BEFORE bringing charges against some of the supporting staff?  If so.....could Mueller wait until Donnie is removed from office BEFORE bringing charges against the support staff?  That COULD make it possible for Donnies support staff to be "hung out to dry"....and Donnie could be removed from office before he is able to pardon anyone.

And if Mueller were to "telegraph" that play......would the telegraphing of that strategy force the support staff to spill the beans on Donnie in order to cut a deal? ::)

Timing is everything....and Mueller likely has many more psychological games to play over the coming months.  It will be truly interesting...

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 22, 2017, 06:45:25 AM »
Nice article from Bellingcat which shows how a Russian internet trolls in St. Petersburg managed to get some people in Florida to go out on the street and cheer for Trump just before the elections :

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2017/09/20/florida-trump-flash-mobs-organized-russian-troll-factory/
Let's not waste either.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #1241 on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
Thanks for the article, Rob.

BudM

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 23, 2017, 04:25:25 AM »
I have one nagging question in my mind regarding RussiaGate right now:  Who is passing information from Russia to Donnie right now?

Someone...or more than one person likely.....is passing information to Donnie or someone close to Donnie.  Donnie is now too paranoid to use email (he uses it rarely anyway)....he is likely paranoid about using any phone communication.  So who is passing information to Donnie?

They couldn't do it directly....too many people around.  The Secret Service is always there.

I wonder why Donnie Jr. has ditched his secret service as of last week?

Hmmmmmmmm

Someone is passing information to Donnie or his family by hand.  Who is it (are they)?  And will they be discovered?
=====================

When I say that Russia is passing/handing information to Donnie, that information is in the form of orders and requests by the Russians.  Things they want Donnie to do...and when they want them done.  For all intents and purposes...he is on their payroll....and has been BEFORE entering office.  YEARS before entering office.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:22:57 PM by Buddy »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 23, 2017, 04:41:27 AM »
Do tell: why do you think that someone is passing information from russia to the president ?

sidd

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:21 AM »
Right. I'm more concerned about the other way around (passing information from the president to Russia) as here :
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0
Let's not waste either.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 24, 2017, 04:07:12 AM »
The linked article offers an interesting analysis of what Mueller may have on Manafort:

Title: "What the FISA Warrants Against Paul Manafort Tell Us About Mueller’s Investigation"

https://www.justsecurity.org/45255/fisa-warrants-paul-manafort-muellers-investigation/
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:36 AM »
In Watergate there were at sleast 3 people in Nixons administration that came clean and reported information to either the FBI, senate investigators, or to
Journalists:  (1) Hugh Sloan (in charge of payoffs at the RNC). (2) Alexander Butterfield...who was only 1 of 3 people who knew about Nixon tapeing people in his office, and John Dean, the presidents attorney.

Who is going to flip on Donnie....??? 

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »
Tick....tick.....tick...... Donnie

Mueller is hot on your tail like bees to honey.🍯

Outrage over Trump is growing....and RussiaGate is growing.  As I said eight months ago.....this is going to dwarf Warergate.

If you get a chance.....take a look at Steve Schmidt's dialogue this morning on CNBC.  He is speaking exactly my thoughts on both RussiaGate as well as racism in the US.  He is SPOT ON.

Donnie is a con man.....he has always been a con man....and will always be a con man.  Even in jail which is where he is headed.

And I HOPE....that the New York AG....or some other state AG has charges for LYING Sarah Huckabee.  What a disgrace to anyone who is a Christain.....as well as anyone who is an American.  She is a real pile of shit.  And the press corps needs to up their game dramatically.

The a White House is a cess pool headed by Donnie.  But the clock is ticking....and Donnie is trying to grab as much money as he can....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:25 AM »
Just saw a requisition from the White House for more fans.....because there is a BOATLOAD 🚤 of shit that is about to hit them. 😱

Tick.....tick......tick Donnie.  You can run, but you can't hide. 😉

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 28, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »
About Mueller :

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/09/robert_mueller_s_methodical_pace_should_comfort_americans_desperate_for.html

The news is awash in this form of non-election year horse race coverage. The prized objective is to glimpse when and how this alarming presidency might end early.

The man in whose hands most of the answers to these questions will rest—special counsel Robert S. Mueller III—is a cipher and phantom. He issues no statements, holds no press conferences, gives no interviews, pushes out no tweets.
You gotta love this guy.
Let's not waste either.