Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: To Not call for the complete abandonment of every river and coast is negligent  (Read 1862 times)

Eco-Author

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 119
...To only be proposing 'Voting', Carbon tax, and Green energy while planning your getaway because you don't believe we stand a chance to make it ANYWAY is to me a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY all its own! 

To Give up without trying is the exact same attitude that brought us to this point and frees us 'oh so gracefully' from any further responsibility.  We were supposed to 'DIE' several times by now yet we are still here... Few have mentioned the extra snows these last two years in their consistent doomer arguments. The suppression of information is yet another Crime Against Humanity. 

Self-sufficiency and Durability to disasters are the absolute keys to nearly any disaster you can think of such as War, economic collapse, pandemics, Global warming, quakes, volcanoes, Hurricanes... all of which put solar farms etc. and power grids at risk!

Eco-Author

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
To 'think' we can make it by FORCING GOV and BUSINESSES to change while we still pretend to out-class the jone's with our picket white fence romantic homestead is yet another delusion I seem to see straight across the board.  You are so in over your heads NOTHING but a militaristic last stand FULL REVERSE will cut it.  From what I've seen, this page is IMPERVIOUS to even the most tried and true fundamental design principles and standard measures such as Standardization... Economy-of-scale... addressing all challenges without leaving any to chance... understanding fully what we face and addressing it professionally has been so void at every turn that I now recognize it as denial in reverse...

I.E. you're all so professionally committed to given solution that you fail to employ any additional reasons beyond this... You are no more prone to the big egos than the muscle guy at the bar... Ego's wanting to be perfect never yeild to new information as it derails the self belief that what you already believe is perfect!
Self-sufficiency and Durability to disasters are the absolute keys to nearly any disaster you can think of such as War, economic collapse, pandemics, Global warming, quakes, volcanoes, Hurricanes... all of which put solar farms etc. and power grids at risk!

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
What's going on? Why a new thread every day, all about similar themes?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
This forum is being degraded. No wonder A-team seems to have abandoned ship.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Eco-Author

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
How is calling this entire movement out for being criminally negligent NOT a new thread?  To my knowledge I have three others (where to evacuate to, how to do it, and seeing problems into renewable energy) yet you act like I post one every day! 

Eco-Author

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
This forum is being degraded. No wonder A-team seems to have abandoned ship.

Trying to suppress a conflicting argument choosing not to respond to it and acusing ME of why A-team just has chosen not to post??  Doesn't sound very scientific and is a personal attack!  Let me ask you... do you believe in collapse and do you have escapes plans??

Bruce Steele

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 744
  • Likes Given: 40
Re. The oceans and rivers. When the tide rises throw rocks in the way until you run out of rocks and money. Keep buildings out of river flood plains. Pay your federal flood insurance premium. Cross your fingers. Go fishing.
 Election Day today. Vote for your pocketbook.

The way it is.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
How is calling this entire movement out for being criminally negligent NOT a new thread?  To my knowledge I have three others (where to evacuate to, how to do it, and seeing problems into renewable energy) yet you act like I post one every day!

I agree, but opening a thread with a title that actually sounds like a comment, won't go far. It sounds like this discussion could easily be had in an existing thread. So, locking this one.

PS If A-Team left because of a specific reason, it's because there's either too much off-topic stuff in the melting/freezing threads, or because he believes not enough people are seriously engaged. It could be something else as well, but I don't think it's because of (quality of) threads in other subsections.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith