Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Freezing Season For Dummies  (Read 2293 times)

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 951
  • Likes Given: 1251
The Freezing Season For Dummies
« on: September 15, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »
The freezing season is about to start again and we need to give space to the professionals that don't like us amateurs messing up their thread. That's why I created this "thread for dummies" (aka people without a scientific background) that are concerned about the climate and want to discuss it without being bitched by the "professionals".
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: The Freezing Season For Dummies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:38:28 PM »
The freezing season is about to start again and we need to give space to the professionals that don't like us amateurs messing up their thread. That's why I created this "thread for dummies" (aka people without a scientific background) that are concerned about the climate and want to discuss it without being bitched by the "professionals".
bitched by the "professionals" ?

ooooo! miaow
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Alexander555

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
Apartheid introduced at the arctic sea ice forum.

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 06:51:11 PM »
I would't call it apartheid when people appear out of nowhere with obviously close to zero knowledge about either the arctic, or ice, or generally climate or meteorology and start posting 5 posts a day about basically nothing ("oh, i think we will lose a lot of ice the next week" or "we will make a new record I'm sure" and the like).

I used to read the melting/freezing thread for years and learnt a lot. Whatever I did not understand I tried to read/learn about, and although I am not a professional by far but at least I start to understand some things finally. That is due to the very useful comments on the main thread. That thread was derailed by huge amounts of unnecessary and meaningless content the past year.

I don't care who is a scientist and who is not, the only thing that matters is that the comment be meaningful and relevant, something that gives you a new thought, a new way to research. meaningless chitchat without facts/science/relevant thoughts is great but that belongs to a pub.

RoxTheGeologist

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 188
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »
bitched by the "professionals" ?

ooooo! miaow

I can bitch! Does that make me a professional too?

blumenkraft

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »
Let's take this to the forum decorum thread, shall we?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 09:34:48 PM »
Freezing season hasn't started yet, and we already have the stupid questions thread.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith