Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Far Right's Great White Arctic Sea Ice Con  (Read 273215 times)

ghoti

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: The Mail's Great White Arctic Sea Ice Con
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »
I see in the Guardian that the BBC is addressing their own con and false balance problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2014/jun/26/commonsense-prevails-as-bbc-upholds-today-programme-climate-complaint

Anne

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
About time, too! The BBC's approach has been appallingly unscientific. This from the Guardian article you linked to sums it up perfectly:
While BBC science and environment correspondents generally do an excellent job of reporting news about climate change, many of its presenter-led programmes mislead their audiences by attempting on occasion to be impartial between facts and fallacies.

ChrisReynolds

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Dosbat
  • Liked: 20
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2014, 08:52:11 PM »
The BBC did establish an editorial position of accepting the findings of the IPCC a few years back. That p---ed off the denialists mightily, and seriously cramped their style. When the last IPCC report was published Gavin Esler had (IIRC) Lindzen on News 24, he skillfully maneouvered Lindzen into a corner after Lindzen had been effectively insinuating that the IPCC was a scam - Lindzen would not answer the question (repeatedly put) as to why the IPCC would lie.

To do so would have brought all of Lindzen's bizarre psychological ticks into the open - he's a dyed in the wool nutcase.

Unfortunately nobody has uploaded that one to Youtube.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »
Rose is at it again, eh?  ;D
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »
Rose is at it again, eh?  ;D

So it would seem. Another performance of the David & Judy show, with an extra bit of Mountford (sic) & Goddard thrown in for good measure.
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »
"Steven Goddard" is at it again. Apparently a brief hiatus in DMI extent is compelling evidence for a "spectacular recovery of Arctic sea ice". He's also recently revealed that he's been hiding behind a pseudonym all these years:

Does Tony Heller Need To Be Prosecuted?
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »
What is the world coming to?

The Mail on Sunday has fixed the typo of Montford's name as David Rose quotes him quoting Goddard.

Goddard has "come out" and revealed his true identity.

The Australian Press Council tells The Australian it can't get away with blaming the Mail on Sunday and/or the Wall Street Journal for the climate lies Graham Lloyd has penned:

"Shock News! Murdoch Plagiarises David Rose Errors"

Last but not least I've just spotted the BBC's Andrew Neil being economical with the truth about Arctic sea ice extent on Twitter.

According to Andrew "This summer's Arctic sea ice extent at 10 year record high" whereas according to Jim Pettit IJIS extent is "Seventh lowest value for the date"

Where will it all end?

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
What is the world coming to?

The Mail on Sunday has fixed the typo of Montford's name as David Rose quotes him quoting Goddard.

Goddard has "come out" and revealed his true identity.

The Australian Press Council tells The Australian it can't get away with blaming the Mail on Sunday and/or the Wall Street Journal for the climate lies Graham Lloyd has penned:

"Shock News! Murdoch Plagiarises David Rose Errors"

Last but not least I've just spotted the BBC's Andrew Neil being economical with the truth about Arctic sea ice extent on Twitter.

According to Andrew "This summer's Arctic sea ice extent at 10 year record high" whereas according to Jim Pettit IJIS extent is "Seventh lowest value for the date"

Where will it all end?
;-)

First, JAXA extent isn't a a ten-year "high"; it's at a six-year high. 2008 had substantially more extent on this date. So did 2005. So did 2006.

Second, though it's currently in seventh, 2010 was only 47k lower, and 2009 less than 30k lower. Those differences can, of course, be erased with one decent decrease. IOW, 2014 is statistically tied for fifth.

Third--and probably most importantly--Arctic sea ice extent is the seventh lowest its been in what some scientists say is likely many thousands of years. So even if extent were truly "at a ten-year high"--or even a 100-year high--it's still startlingly low.

David Neil is a buffoon...

Your website is awesome, by the way...

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
As far as I can see he only said extent and not by which data.

This is a bit hard to tell but it seems possible that this measure of extent was highest of the last 10 years just a couple of days ago when the claim was made.

Most records have this year around 5th to 7th lowest, so if he follows them all then perhaps he is cherry picking the best to make his point. If he only follows that particular measure.

Does trying to call him out on this when maybe it is a bit dubious but arguably correct really help or just make you look stupid or equally agenda driven as them or maybe just that arguments are ongoing?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »
Does trying to call him out on this when maybe it is a bit dubious but arguably correct really help or just make you look stupid or equally agenda driven as them or maybe just that arguments are ongoing?

I look stupid most of the time crandles!

Goddard/Heller is also pushing the "Summer 2014 Arctic sea ice extent is at a 10 year record high" meme, which would thus seem to be denier flavour of the month. I figured I'd try to get my retaliation in a bit earlier this year, rather than wait for all the nonsense that's sure to arrive come mid September.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

David Neil is a buffoon...

In fact a whole host of buffoons!

Your website is awesome, by the way...

Thanks for your kind words.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:44:10 PM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2014, 08:54:15 PM »
Andrew Neil has decided to engage with me on Twitter, albeit on a slightly different topic:

https://twitter.com/afneil/statuses/494190545674457089

I figure he's the one behind the curve, but what do I know?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
Andrew has now apologised profusely to me for his initially brusque manner:

https://twitter.com/afneil/statuses/494194941535739905

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »

Why does it have to "help"? Calling out nonsense is a good and noble thing, if you ask me. Besides, it's cathartic...and we can all use a little catharsis, amirite? ;-)

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions" -- Thomas Jefferson

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:27 AM »
"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions" -- Thomas Jefferson

Strangely enough that's the way things seem to me also.

This caused me another giggle. Try Googling:

https://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+neil+sea+ice

Do you see the same thing I see?

ChasingIce

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:38 AM »
this may of been answered, but I don't see the point in engaging Goddard, and giving him more hits in a cool season compared to the average.  If this turns out to be a cool year, you've just fed the fire.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
This may of been answered, but I don't see the point in engaging Goddard, and giving him more hits in a cool season compared to the average.  If this turns out to be a cool year, you've just fed the fire.

It hasn't been answered. I'm not giving him more hits, directly at least. I link to archives of pseudo-skeptic sites. Strange to relate, but according to Google analytics the traffic GWC gets from "Real Science" and WUWT is of better "quality" than from the ASIB or ASIF. What's more as Jim P puts it "Calling out nonsense is a good and noble thing" and "we can all use a little catharsis"!

Do you see any point in "retweeting" this?

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/494366040772870144 

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »
I realise that I must look stupid, and I know that I have an extremely warped sense of humour, but I'm afraid I'm currently rolling around on the floor laughing at this one:

Shock News! Breathtakingly Ignorant Deranged Blogger Batting 1,000 This Summer

My pleasure Steve/Tony.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
For some strange reason I find this link even more entertaining than the last one, which has now been updated to include this one:

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/statuses/494799677288886274

Ditto!

;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:34:05 PM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:45 PM »
This exchange with Steve/Tony on Twitter strikes me as being rather revealing:

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/494850475767128064

greatdying2

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
This exchange with Steve/Tony on Twitter strikes me as being rather revealing:

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/494850475767128064

Quote from: Steve-Tony via Twit
I am about to put you on ignore, because you are a waste of time.
Ironically, there's another quote earlier from him about how he knows what's going on because he uses the "scientific method" (but it's a waste of my time to dig it up).
The Permian–Triassic extinction event, a.k.a. the Great Dying, occurred about 250 million years ago and is the most severe known extinction event. Up to 96% of all marine species and 70% of terrestrial vertebrate species became extinct; it is also the only known mass extinction of insects.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
Quote from: Steve-Tony via Twit
I am about to put you on ignore, because you are a waste of time.
Ironically, there's another quote earlier from him about how he knows what's going on because he uses the "scientific method" (but it's a waste of my time to dig it up).

Irony abounds at (un)Real Science! Paraphrasing Dr. Johnson slightly, ignore-ance is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:03 PM »
Snow White has just wet her knickers - https://archive.today/mPodY#selection-1307.0-1319.27

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:20 PM »
Somewhat belatedly I now have David Rose in my sights again:

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/495307002202292224

and "Goddard" is still pushing the "10 year record" line this evening (UTC):

https://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/statuses/495301295830761472

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »
Great White Con are proud to present round 2 of the contest for the title of "Greatest Arctic Sea Ice Prophet on the Planet".

In the red corner "Snow White". In the blue corner "Steve Goddard":

The Greatest Arctic Sea Ice Prophet on the Planet?

anthropocene

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2014, 03:04:44 AM »
Hi Jim,

I have read through several of the threads with Steve Goddard on his and your blogs and on Twitter. Please believe me (as someone who accepts the concepts of global warming and the very real dangers we face) that I severely doubt this is achieving anything. In fact, if anything it most probably has negative impact on the cause. As somebody who has above average knowledge of the cryosphere I am sometimes lost on what you and Steve Goddard are disagreeing about. To a curious reader it must just seem like two opposing views slinging mud at each other hoping some will stick. The twitter exchanges are particularly so lacking in context and hard data that the discussion is not moved on by each new tweet. Of course you are free to do whatever you think is best and what suits you most at this moment int time. But I have to conclude that this is only likely to help the "other side" because all they have to do is confuse the situation and maintain the status quo in order to succeed.
  Maybe there are other ways to show the opposing position up for the untenable position it is. For example, do the 'other side' agree that the 2014 arctic temperature record is correct? Goddard has posted a blog crowing about the below average temperature in summer 2014 so presumably they do. How about asking them to integrate that temperature record over both winter and summer and seeing how far above average temperature the value is. The same values could then be presented for 2013, 2012 etc. and ask the 'other side' to explain how this could occur if the world is not warming.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
Hi anthropocene,

His name is Tony Heller. Please at least use quotes if you utter those words in here. Then wash your mouth out with freshly liquidised first year ice: https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/494766116980666368

I have to conclude that this is only likely to help the "other side" because all they have to do is confuse the situation and maintain the status quo in order to succeed.

At this point in time I'm more than happy for most people to be confused, particularly if they are from the "dark side". Did you try the Google experiment I suggested earlier? What do you make of this "Tweet" in particular?

https://twitter.com/afneil/statuses/494194941535739905

How about asking them to integrate that temperature record over both winter and summer and seeing how far above average temperature the value is.

My crystal ball suggests that they wouldn't listen. They'd say rude things about me instead, or simply delete the comment. Shall we give it a try?

I've recently received all the data from DMI, so if you want to try that little experiment for yourself please just let me know. Top of my to do list is getting to grips with GIMP as soon as I have an hour or two to spare: https://archive.today/Ol1UT#selection-2093.0-2105.26

P.S. Here you go: https://archive.today/iiCbM#selection-3209.0-3221.26
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:55:54 AM by Jim Hunt »

notjonathon

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
Congratulations, Jim. You've been concern trolled.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »
Congratulations, Jim. You've been concern trolled.

Thanks for the badge NotJon. I shall wear it with pride!

Meanwhile in the aquatic denialosphere, a big fish has taken the bait. Even though I'm universally acknowledged as the world's leading expert on surfing in the Arctic, the Daily Telegraph has absent-mindedly misplaced my helpful Arctic surfing tips :(

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/495910171928178689

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:47:44 PM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »
I gave the ToryGraph a stern talking to, and my helpful tip has been restored to its former glory:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geoffreylean/100282159/could-global-warming-bring-surfing-to-the-arctic/#comment-1524046618

Would anyone care to pop over there and give me the thumbs up? Scroll down a bit and there's a another comment with my ugly mug on it, which includes a link to the ASIF.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
Apparently this is the explanation. Seemingly the Disqus spam filter has a configurable delay?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
The archived copy of my original comment looked like this for a while. Now I can't access archive.today at all  :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:17:01 AM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2014, 05:47:17 AM »
Archive.today is working again now, after a fashion. By way of example see:

https://archive.today/YOxv3

and

https://archive.today/7rCZG

Should we break out the bubbly?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2014, 02:51:20 PM »
You've always suspected it, but here is the conclusive proof.

"Goddard" is a w@nker - https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/496273016830324738

He can't even read his own cherry picked charts.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
The Telegraph Online moderators are still being evasive:

notjonathon

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
You haven't read the fine print--you know, the place where it says using the truth to buttress your arguments is a violation of Mail policy. At least that seems to be the general rule with Murdoch publications.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »
You haven't read the fine print

I have in this case. The Telegraph's moderation policy doesn't forbid links for example. I can't see any way my comment violated that policy. I called the Telegraph again, but no substantive response has been forthcoming as yet.

I've also been in touch with archive.today, whose response conforms to the "cock up" theory of history, rather than the "conspiracy" theory. The Telegraph's DMCA relates only to the top level URLs that include the "Telegraph" name. Individual snapshots are still OK it seems.

Yesterday's outage of archive.today was apparently caused by a power cut!

notjonathon

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »
Mine was more a political observation than a legal one. I'm sure you have been quite thorough in your investigation.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2014, 08:17:36 AM »
The investigation continues! It seems Andrew Neil thinks that he knows more about surfing in the Arctic than I do.

Andrew will soon discover that he has another think coming!

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/496528105612128256

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
My mate "Cotty" has picked up the "ToryGraph Arctic Surfing" ball on Facebook and is now running with it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/496654205617061891

NeilT

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 386
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2014, 12:21:42 AM »
You've always suspected it, but here is the conclusive proof.

"Goddard" is a w@nker - https://twitter.com/jim_hunt/statuses/496273016830324738

He can't even read his own cherry picked charts.

He got booted from wattsupwiththat for not knowing the science around the invariant point of water and then shouting everyone down who did.  Andrew cut him off himself and shortly after he was gone to his own site.....

He's not actually good enough to be a w@nker though....
Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.

Robert A. Heinlein

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2014, 01:40:23 AM »
I unexpectedly found myself being invited to introduce a showing of "Thin Ice" at Free Cinema Exeter this evening:

http://freecinemaexeter.wordpress.com/2014/07/17/thin-ice-2/

I mentioned the ASIB and ASIF on several occasions, and I received an unexpected round of applause when I sat down. As part of my ad hoc presentation I conducted a quick straw poll. Everybody had heard of Andrew Neil. Nobody had heard of David Rose and/or his "Great Green Con". Nobody read The Mail or The Telegraph, and so nobody had seen an image of a surfing polar bear recently. One person had heard of (and indeed attended) the recent Transformational Climate Science conference at Exeter University. One person had previously visited the Arctic Sea Ice Forum.

Nobody had heard of Andrew Cotton, but I nevertheless pointed out that Devon surfers were in general not impressed by The Telegraph's recent piss poor piss take of Arctic Surfing.

There also seemed to be a general consensus that hanging Andrew Neil by his balls from a Christmas tree would be a really good idea, and so (metaphorically at least) we will pursue that aim with all possible speed at GreatWhiteCon.info.

For discussion about the movie itself rather than the ultimate fate of the Arctic accident prone Mr. Neil please go to:

"Thin Ice" - The Movie"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:45:14 AM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2014, 02:28:10 AM »
He's not actually good enough to be a w@nker though....

But despite that fact Andrew Neil is regurgitating his fantasies in public places. Not a smart move I would suggest Andrew!

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »
I'm very much afraid that we North Devon surfers have taken umbrage over what we perceive to be a piss poor piss take (PPPT for short) from the ToryGraph and plagiarists thereof about what it really takes to be able to surf the Arctic basin:

http://GreatWhiteCon.info/2014/08/the-worlds-leading-arctic-surfing-expert/

Fiddling with the facts in Fleet Street. Just say NO!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:45:52 PM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2014, 03:31:33 PM »
When it comes to surfing the Arctic basin, fiddling with Photoshop in Fleet Street just doesn't cut the mustard!

http://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/statuses/496994932041986048

seaice.de

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:34 PM »
When it comes to surfing the Arctic basin, fiddling with Photoshop in Fleet Street just doesn't cut the mustard!

http://twitter.com/GreatWhiteCon/statuses/496994932041986048

You definitely should watch the film about Station Alpha.

http://nsidc.org/data/docs/noaa/g02184_station_alpha/index.html

28:08 Aquaplaning:

As you can see here, out of the ordinary was not always the same as
safe. Having grown up in the middle of the Alps, I have to admit that I
was always a little afraid of the ocean when it was not frozen and deeper
than up to my neck. So I have no longer any idea what possessed me
to do this without a wet suit.
Someone sent a picture of this to Sports Illustrated, but I don’t know if
anyone ever noticed. I do know, however, that plywood aquaplaning in
ice water at the North Pole did not become a popular sport.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »
So I have no longer any idea what possessed me to do this without a wet suit.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'd need my 5mm winter suit on at the very least before I tried any sports of that sort anywhere near the North Pole!

Someone sent a picture of this to Sports Illustrated, but I don’t know if anyone ever noticed. I do know, however, that plywood aquaplaning in ice water at the North Pole did not become a popular sport.

Here's me in my summer suit on a sponge. Isn't the Drifting Station Alpha video available for immediate download in this day and age?

seaice.de

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Here's me in my summer suit on a sponge. Isn't the Drifting Station Alpha video available for immediate download in this day and age?
Unfortunately not yet. But you can order a free DVD copy through the NSIDC website. The AIDJEX documentation is very worthwile viewing too.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
But you can order a free DVD copy through the NSIDC website.

I've tried that. I've received any acknowledgement but it asks for my mailing address, which is included in said acknowledgement!

In the meantime I can't help but wonder how long this will remain visible at (un)RealScience:

https://archive.today/mpKJ3#selection-1911.0-1923.27
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:53:27 AM by Jim Hunt »