Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: John Boehner, R-Ohio  (Read 2841 times)

Vergent

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 2
John Boehner, R-Ohio
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
John Boehner

Before you leave the house of representatives, could you please come up and collect you checks from the tobacco lobby?

BP wants to thank you all for your support, please come up and get your check.

Coka-Cola wants to give you a token of their esteam. Please come up and collect your Coka-Cola check before you leave the United States house of representatives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boehner

deep octopus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: John Boehner, R-Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
I loathe the Republican Party. Each hour that passes seems to make me more and more agitated by their presence in Congress. Because of House procedural rules, even if 18 Republicans side with 200 Democrats to pass a clean continuing resolution, there's little chance Boehner will put it up for a vote. The only hope from there is a discharge petition, but again, it's bound by House procedural rules and would take a.) several weeks to shake out and b.) a sizable number of influential GOP House members with a conscience to make it happen. I am so angry for my country.

JayW

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 226
  • Likes Given: 292
Re: John Boehner, R-Ohio
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:19:43 AM »
I'm more of a lurker than poster, you guys are way smarter than I. But greatly appreciate the great posters in this forum and I hope to learn enough to contribute in the future.

"GOP House members with a conscience" that made laugh deep octopus.   Ask Chuck Hagel how that works.

Boehner has consistently shown that he does what he feels necessary to keep his post.  What appears to be weakness to me, it's considered strength by the tea party.  It's a last ditch effort to block the online health care exchanges.  Republicans are scared that the exchanges will work, and people will want to keep it, once they have it. Much like social security, and Medicare, and student loan programs, and so many other initiatives that benefit everyone, not just the plutocracy.  Watching these "grown-ups" stomping their feet and pouting over legislation that was passed years ago, upheld by a conservative supreme court, all the while blaming Obama for the shut down. Please. Talk about immature, guess their mommies never told them no.  A minority demanding that their demands are met before the government can be funded is NOT democratic, and shows a deep lack of integrity.

I agree with everything deep octopus said, I would buy you a beer my friend.

I would like to add that the tens of thousands off hard working government employees, that all to often bear the brunt of anti-governmental ideologues, should not be used as pawns either.  Too many derogatory remarks are thrown in their direction because they work for the government. How sad, I know there are lazy government employees, but it's not exclusive to government, it's everywhere. 

My condolences go out to those adversely affected by this senseless shutdown.  My ire and disgust to those who don't want to share our country with all of us.  Peace.
"To defy the laws of tradition, is a crusade only of the brave" - Les Claypool