Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Exxon CEO joins lawsuit to prevent Fracking near his horse farm!!  (Read 2919 times)

OldLeatherneck

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Exxon CEO Joins Lawsuit to Stop Fracking Near His Home
by: FishOutofWater for North Carolina BLUE.

Full article @ DailyKos: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/21/1279443/-Exxon-CEO-Joins-Lawsuit-to-Stop-Fracking-Near-His-Home

Rex Tillerson finally tells the truth about fracking. It lowers property values.

Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson may be the world's biggest fracker (Exxon is the biggest natural gas producer in the U.S.) but he isn't stupid. He'll frack my backyard and tell me it's good for me and he'll frack your place too, but don't let any frackers near his home. He knows damn well that fracking lowers property values, but he wouldn't admit it until the frackers came to his place. He just joined a lawsuit to stop the fracking because it would lower the value of his property.

One of my wife's friends just posted a link to this on Facebook this morning.

What utter self-serving hypocrisy.  The man make millions of dollars by destroying other peoples properties along with the world's environment, yet he can't have the value of his precious little home decline. 
"Share Your Knowledge.  It's a Way to Achieve Immortality."  ......the Dalai Lama

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Exxon CEO joins lawsuit to prevent Fracking near his horse farm!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I saw that the other day.  My first thought was:  What The Frack?

People will look back at fracking, just like we look back on smoking now:  "So let me get this straight.....you allow people to go on TV and lie about the health consequences.  How can sucking in 900 F hot air laced with carcinogens NOT have detrimental effects to humans?"

Fracking will be much the same.  They will be saying in the future:  "Let me get this straight, you allowed the oil and gas companies to shoot liquids laced with carcinogens.....thousands of feet below the surface...and in many cases near and under streams and lakes and neighbors wells.  WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

JackTaylor

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Exxon CEO joins lawsuit to prevent Fracking near his horse farm!!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:03 PM »
OLN,

What a "Poster Child" - every environmental organization from here to eternity will be using this.

Will he survive the next board meeting?