Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: World of 3000  (Read 1895 times)

Tom_Mazanec

World of 3000
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:19:46 PM »
This is a thread for what you think the "end game" consequences of AGW and our world civilization system will be, in the long term perspective.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
Re: World of 3000
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »
enlightenment ? :)   b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »
Jeez man! Imagine William the Conqueror, or Sweyn Forkbeard, or Otto I or Emperor Taizu or anyone else imagining what life would be in a 1000 yrs. They couldn't imagine this, they wouldn't even be close. The problems of their times are nonexistent, most of the people now work jobs he couldn't imagine would exist, etc etc.

We can imagine even less what the world will look like in a 1000 yrs

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
Jeez man! Imagine William the Conqueror, or Sweyn Forkbeard, or Otto I or Emperor Taizu or anyone else imagining what life would be in a 1000 yrs. They couldn't imagine this, they wouldn't even be close. The problems of their times are nonexistent, most of the people now work jobs he couldn't imagine would exist, etc etc.

We can imagine even less what the world will look like in a 1000 yrs
1,000 A.D. sounds quite likely.
Science the stuff of ancient legends (& locked in the vaults of whatever religion rules),
Human Life nasty, brutish & short, but other life on earth some way to renewed vigour.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »
Well, what do you think the surface temperature anomaly and sea level will be?

blumenkraft

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
enlightenment ? :)   b.c.

Yeah, that!

One can hope, right?

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 710
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
Warning doomer.

Do Surface temps and sea level still exist if there is no one to see it?   

1000 years of "progress" The more technology the greater our ability to truly fuck things up.
Earth a lifeless rock lit with the green glow from the still smoldering remains of homo idiotic's civilizations.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:01:37 AM by KiwiGriff »
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
Robert Heinlein.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »

Our silicon based AI overlords will thank us for clearing the planet of all that carbon based clutter and proudly display our skulls on their bookshelves.

The rest will be used as batteries in their power plants.

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 225
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 09:13:17 PM »
I am an optimist. People will live in peace with Nature even though they will be extremely technologically advanced. 50 million people will live on Earth. 

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 09:54:52 PM »
I'm an optimist, too. Either way, there will be a lot of skulls on bookcases.

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 710
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 11:34:38 PM »
I live in peace with nature.
Wanna see my latest peaceful termination of a cute furry little  marsupial  with a .177 lead pellet?  If I don't cull the non native possums they eat my trees , stop the bush regenerating and limit the diversity of native species on my block. Being at peace with nature I of course recycle the carcass into the stomach of dog . Dog has another purpose other than recycling he keeps me safe from the apex predator around here homo idiotic.

Nature is never peaceful it runs on consuming other life forms.

We need to  maintain all life forms not just our own.
 How do we as a species successfully withdraw from nature so we no longer operate under the imperative survival of the fittest instead we acknowledge all life should have room to live?
How do we put a halt to homo idiotic's  untrammelled consumption of the worlds resources before they run out? As they must in a finite world.

We have to limit population.
 Who goes first?

Must say .
The rest of the world seems to be  doing very good at population reduction compared to here in NZ.
 Unfortunately.
The age group you seem hell bent on reducing is not the one needing culling... too old to breed and very near the end of their consumerist consumption curve .

Forgive me its been a bad week for my faith in human nature  :-\
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
Robert Heinlein.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2041
  • Likes Given: 1986
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
This is a thread for what you think the "end game" consequences of AGW and our world civilization system will be, in the long term perspective.

This subforum is for actual consequences and not free form essays on things we actually can´t know about.

Thread locked.
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.